lYME DISEASE

35 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

As some of you know,I shoot goats a bit,and over the years EVERY SINGLE GOAT IVE SHOT WERE COVERED IN TICKS,and I've dragged them back for hours at times,and carried them in my car,and I've never once had one attached to me,and I've found 2 on the one dog in all that time,and I've looked carefully believe me.....the things creep me out,... hopefully it stays that way

Well, I must taste like the finest filet mignon because I can't go near a roe buck without at least a dozen of the c**ts dining on me. :laugh:

• Haha 2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JESUS..... I cant now unsee that image.....

Just took the fecker of the ear of one of my ferrets. Although I've had the o'tom gismo's for a while I ofter just use tweezers, but got to say gets them out alive head and all. Gave the fecker a bath

Dont suppose you fancy removing this one do you Arry, ?

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Greyman said:

I do have some of those and they are really good at pulling the feckers out but a friend of mine has a cocker that gets ticks round it’s jowels and will bite if you try to remove them so I cover them in Vaseline and it suffocates them ? most of my life I’ve just stuck the red end of a fag on them and pulled them out problem free, out of interest does anyone actually no someone that has actually caught lymes not a mate of a mates nans sons best mates cousin but a direct person you no well ??? 

Yes, a bloke that would be mid 50s to 60 by now, lenny from Cardiff. Caught it from carrying a big one over his shoulders, he was a hunting mate of my dad's that use to visit when in plymouth. That would be late 90s, early millennium and it was well and truelly f***ing him up then. 

54 minutes ago, C.green said:

I was told if your in an area where the deer carry alot of ticks is to let the carcase cool before handling too much. Is this the best way or not ? 

once the host animal has cooled ,they will look for  another host.....more than likely the next dog that goes in the boot?...maybe carry a roe sack and take what meat you want out in the field?

1 hour ago, Chaseorbechased said:

Must be more down south than up north 

The Uists here are the Lyme disease hot-spot in the UK! Just saying.

There's a thing here that the red/brown ticks are deer and the black/dark are sheep etc, and it's the red that more likely to carry lymes!

You can quote me, but doesn't make me right or an expert!!

19 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

once the host animal has cooled ,they will look for  another host.....more than likely the next dog that goes in the boot?...maybe carry a roe sack and take what meat you want out in the field?

Rather them on dogs than myself lol. This time of year i have those cheap flea collars on the lurcher and regularly advocate. 

To be fair ive carried a few cold and fresh crawling with allsorts but only had them on me a couple of times one thing i cant stand like when ya catch a rabbit full of fleas or a fox with mange makes me itch just thinking about it.

5 minutes ago, C.green said:

Rather them on dogs than myself lol. This time of year i have those cheap flea collars on the lurcher and regularly advocate. 

To be fair ive carried a few cold and fresh crawling with allsorts but only had them on me a couple of times one thing i cant stand like when ya catch a rabbit full of fleas or a fox with mange makes me itch just thinking about it.

We use broadine on the dogs now as front line just didn't do the task.

I've a long batlle over many years with ticks, and I aint no spring chicken. Having the wife extract em from the crack of ye arse at 3am brings on a whole new meaning of commitment though ?

Edited by Gav
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, delswal said:

Guess I must be lucky, I cannot remember the last I seen ticks on Deer up here.

You are lucky as soon as I see the long grass all swirled round from the deers feeding I no I will have ticks on the dogs when I get in 

• Like 1
On 27/06/2019 at 16:41, Greyman said:

You are lucky as soon as I see the long grass all swirled round from the deers feeding I no I will have ticks on the dogs when I get in 

Same here pal, just seems to be thick with them, thought the cold would have helped, but alas! Plenty midge an cleggs around too, we went from 9c to 27c overnight now?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Gav said:

Same here pal, just seems to be thick with them, thought the cold would have helped, but alas! Plenty midge an cleggs around too, we went from 9c to 27c overnight now?

Definitely deer related, we are crawling in deer around here and alive with ticks, in the 80s I’d have to drive 30/40 miles to bag a deer and the dogs very seldom had a tick on them, only time I’d get ticks was around the odd farm that never dipped the sheep, in 40 years it’s gone from once or twice a year to once or twice a week, ✌️