lYME DISEASE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JESUS..... I cant now unsee that image.....

Just took the fecker of the ear of one of my ferrets. Although I've had the o'tom gismo's for a while I ofter just use tweezers, but got to say gets them out alive head and all. Gave the fecker a bath

Dont suppose you fancy removing this one do you Arry, ?

Posted Images

Life’s a lottery and there are  hundreds of horrible things about that may or may not ever effect us or our lives and lymes  is just another one of them but because there is now the multi million pound vaccination industry trying to scare everyone into paying to have there dogs inoculated  backed by the lovely Chris pecker and others it’s being portrayed as a common problem, it’s not, I pick ticks off my dogs most weeks and have done for nearly 40 years I walk miles through long tick infested grass every week and I have never known of a single person or dog that has caught it, one bloke I know has had several ticks in his bollax from his dogs sleeping on his cloths, ??

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Life’s a lottery and there are  hundreds of horrible things about that may or may not ever effect us or our lives and lymes  is just another one of them but because there is now the multi million pound vaccination industry trying to scare everyone into paying to have there dogs inoculated  backed by the lovely Chris pecker and others it’s being portrayed as a common problem, it’s not, I pick ticks off my dogs most weeks and have done for nearly 40 years I walk miles through long tick infested grass every week and I have never known of a single person or dog that has caught it, one bloke I know has had several ticks in his bollax from his dogs sleeping on his cloths, ??

When u seen a pup with parvo youll pay the 50 odd quid for jabs without hesitation. Its unjabbed dogs that spread it i believe. 

Ticks are something i worry about but only had a few on myself dont care too much of them getting on dogs just quickly pull them off.

44 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Pulled that out of my fat guts a few days ago,  b*****d thing broke up on the way out, they stick in well I can tell you that.  

IMG-20190621-WA0000-1-1.jpg

JESUS..... I cant now unsee that image.....

• Haha 11

If you get a Bulls Eye rash after a tick has been removed get off to the Doctors.

This is a useful tool for removing them as using tweezers can leave the head imbedded in the skin or worse you could squeeze some of the blood it's fed on back into you or you dogs body. the tools are like minute jemmy's you hook them over the head and twist.

P1200938.jpeg.2fe70594d8f769af70e5634a3977cac5.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Arry said:

If you get a Bulls Eye rash after a tick has been removed get off to the Doctors.

This is a useful tool for removing them as using tweezers can leave the head imbedded in the skin or worse you could squeeze some of the blood it's fed on back into you or you dogs body. the tools are like minute jemmy's you hook them over the head and twist.

Cheers Arry

I do have some of those and they are really good at pulling the feckers out but a friend of mine has a cocker that gets ticks round it’s jowels and will bite if you try to remove them so I cover them in Vaseline and it suffocates them ? most of my life I’ve just stuck the red end of a fag on them and pulled them out problem free, out of interest does anyone actually no someone that has actually caught lymes not a mate of a mates nans sons best mates cousin but a direct person you no well ??? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

I do have some of those and they are really good at pulling the feckers out but a friend of mine has a cocker that gets ticks round it’s jowels and will bite if you try to remove them so I cover them in Vaseline and it suffocates them ? most of my life I’ve just stuck the red end of a fag on them and pulled them out problem free, out of interest does anyone actually no someone that has actually caught lymes not a mate of a mates nans sons best mates cousin but a direct person you no well ??? 

There was a fella on this site caught it I'm sure he was from the Shetlands .. he did have a topic about it but that was maybe 5+ yrs ago 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

I've gone and got a coupleof these but in all honesty it wouldn't of got into where that tick was in me

Every time I go stalking down south in the summer months I come back with a few of the b*****ds on me. Gotta be vigilant as f**k. Can literally see them crawling over my trousers at any one time during the day. Anywhere clothing comes to an end they find a way in, ankles, waist, upper arms. I've always just put up with it.

:bad:

I read about this stuff. https://www.google.com/search?q=permethrin&rlz=1C1LDJZ_enGB669GB669&oq=permethrin&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1551j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Also figure layers might help? A tight synthetic base layer top and bottom (to restrict the little c**ts from travelling) under standard cotton clothing, all soaked in permethrin is what I'm thinking from now on.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Every time I go stalking down south in the summer months I come back with a few of the b*****ds on me. Gotta be vigilant as f**k. Can literally see them crawling over my trousers at any one time during the day. Anywhere clothing comes to an end they find a way in, ankles, waist, upper arms. I've always just put up with it.

:bad:

I read about this stuff. https://www.google.com/search?q=permethrin&rlz=1C1LDJZ_enGB669GB669&oq=permethrin&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1551j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Also figure layers might help? A tight synthetic base layer top and bottom (to restrict the little c**ts from travelling) under standard cotton clothing, all soaked in permethrin is what I'm thinking from now on.

I,m quite a big fan of gators though not so much in the summer, have thought about wearing them all year as your ankles are most likely point of attack when walking in long grass but as I said before I,m still not fully sold on the risks involved, it was never mentioned until they developed an immunisation drug, so can you throw some scientific light on the real risks of catching it another thing I never do and have never done is an annual booster jab for dogs as I think that’s also just a cash cow after all I don’t get my kid boostered  every year and I,ve never lost a dog to any of the diseases they get inoculated for as pups so I,m still leaning toward scaremongering to extract more money from people who just listen without questioning ??

• Like 1