Kelpies as a stud,

I have only had 1 litter but we put a small bowl of milkey cereal in the run when the pups were about 3 weeks old & upped the amount slowly, to start they seemed to get more on there coat than they would eat but as they got older it did help the bitch. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, socks said:

I do t see the point in weaning on cereal ... start them on some warm mince or liquidised meat ... having it warm is key as it would be warm when the bitch regurgitates it ......

it will be all meat derived food when i start,my greyhound training mate told me there are jars of baby food in the markets also that is very benefictial to the pups ,but mostly blended chicken/tripe and scraped beef,

• Like 3

You want to start offering them puppy milk like lactol on its own from 3 weeks old 3 times a day and within a few days they will be lapping up bowls of it when they get the hang of which will take a lot of strain off the bitch, then from 4 weeks I start soaking Farley’s baby rusks in the puppy milk to start firming it up a bit, do that for a few days then when there getting  towards 5 weeks soak a quality puppy biscuit in warm water till it goes mushy then add some warm puppy milk to it and they should start scranning that easily, do that for a few days then stop adding the milk to it just giving the well soaked  puppy biscuits then you can start adding meat or whatever to the biscuits and your away. Works for me anyway

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

You want to start offering them puppy milk like lactol on its own from 3 weeks old 3 times a day and within a few days they will be lapping up bowls of it when they get the hang of which will take a lot of strain off the bitch, then from 4 weeks I start soaking Farley’s baby rusks in the puppy milk to start firming it up a bit, do that for a few days then when there getting  towards 5 weeks soak a quality puppy biscuit in warm water till it goes mushy then add some warm puppy milk to it and they should start scranning that easily, do that for a few days then stop adding the milk to it just giving the well soaked  puppy biscuits then you can start adding meat or whatever to the biscuits and your away. Works for me anyway

Or just do what socks says and feed them meat liquidised which is far better for them than rusks and biscuits .. this is what I done and pups turned out crackers 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Another pot of stew for the bitch,she's eating like a queen ,lol...these little fuckers better be capable in the work 

IMG_20190907_212459.jpg

IMG_20190907_184434.jpg

Can see that them pots of stew are having a positive effect on the pups. ?. Love the sight of fat healthy pups. 

5365FA6B-ECDD-44F3-9063-3370FB562EB4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1