Kelpies as a stud,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

been looking through my old posts looking for some pics of Tara ....who some will remember ..she was 1/4 kelpie x 3/4 grew....

this pic was from back in 08 ....these rabbits were lamped out in lincs on some big flat land I had the perm on at the time.....although she wernt perfect I do miss the little bitch...

DSCF1380.jpg

• Like 13
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

not a bad gundog either.....a few birds shot and retrieved ....of course the hares were shot to stay with in the law.......

IPB Image

thats what i found with Taz ,my 1st x ...she was good with a gun as she was with the ferret and nets ,i kick myself i didnt do more lamping with her ,as she would have excelled in that too i reckon,they have so much to offer to the man that likes to do a bit of everything ,and wants a real close buddy too ,,...great photos Tomo,

• Like 5

Best of luck jigsaw I hope your bitch takes, if everybody took the same time and energy as you into the work of both parents the dog pounds up and down the country wouldn't be full of potlickers, if your bitch takes I hope you get the right owners for your pups atb.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I took my last lurcher Moss (1/4 kelpie 1/4 collie 1/2 greyhound) out as the retrieving dog for my mate with his air rifle. He liked it so much that whenever I was walking him and a firework went off he'd race over to the nearest bushes expecting to find a rabbit. The only problem I've found with the retrieving of my pure kelpies is that they have a stronger sense of which job each of them should do so I often find I only have one retriever. Rusty was always my retriever (no matter which one caught) and Noggin took over when he died. Now I come to think of it...Rusty didn't catch a single rabbit until the weekend after Moss left...maybe he thought that wasn't his job either!

• Like 1

W. Katchum: I think you're probably right; it certainly makes sense.

Does that mean that I'll only have to put up with one over friendly nutter with no concept of personal space until Ned dies? I love that dog but boy is he bloody annoying. On a positive note, whenever I talk about Ned I often find myself saying, "but, then again, Rusty was the same as a pup" and another Rusty would be a wonderful way to spend the next fifteen years.

• Like 1

you Know katch ....your going to have to give it an ozy name ....like didgeridoo ...or wombat...or possum ...or what is it ozys say as a greating  gooday "Cobba".....lol...

• Thanks 1