Kelpies as a stud,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Neal said:

Postie, that top photo is a stunner! When I used to have lurchers I always preferred slim collies as I presumed they'd breed better lurchers but now I no longer need to think about their offspring I prefer a dog with more substance like that black and tan. Is it a Winesland dog by any chance as it looks similar to the sire of my first kelpie and the grandsire of my current eldest, both of which were of that breeding...probably just a coincidence though.

Hi Neal, he was bred by Steve and Jenny Andrews before they emigrated. His sire 'Okara Max' went to Kevin Reeves... he's still there now aged 13 mate.

Another pic for you

20180211_093232.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, postie said:

Hi Neal, he was bred by Steve and Jenny Andrews before they emigrated. His sire 'Okara Max' went to Kevin Reeves... he's still there now aged 13 mate.

Another pic for you

20180211_093232.jpg

what a cracker,im going to own one of them lads some day 

• Like 3

Thanks Postie! I was kind of half right and half wrong then: he's not Winesland but both Winesland and Okara Max go back heavily to Boanong bloodlines.

Apologies for sounding like a nerd!

My current two were picked because they're line bred to Max's great grand-sire Oscar. Noggin's grand-sire is Max and he's in Ned's breeding too but a generation or two further back and Oscar appears multiple times on both sides of their pedigrees.

Apologies: I've nerded out again!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

well as they say, you (only) can go on the dogs you had etc, ive said before about a kelpie x collie x grey bitch i had, can honestly  say, she was the most vicious dangerous  dog ive ever had, and ive been round few breeds in my 66 years . she was fawn color , 23 in  50 odd lb , good coat/feet, great nose  a real good mooching type dog. she was ok with me, and nobody else , no good with other dogs. now iam not say it was kelpie, it may have been the collie in her, but from experience with collie xs , they can be bit sharp with dogs or people , but nothing like this bitch was had to be muzzled  when out  , to dangerous with other dogs, the  last nail in the coffin  for her , was she went for my son , she had growl earlier at my wife ,  i put her down same day, bty i tried everything with her , igive her good feckin  wallop when she played up, she lay down by me not move, but as said she was fine with me bring rabbits   pile into a fox , a tough very strong animal . i like herding type xs , but think from my experience , you dont need lot in a lurcher 1/4 plenty of any herding blood , great looking  kelpie   hope it works out  mate

1 hour ago, bird said:

well as they say, you (only) can go on the dogs you had etc, ive said before about a kelpie x collie x grey bitch i had, can honestly  say, she was the most vicious dangerous  dog ive ever had, and ive been round few breeds in my 66 years . she was fawn color , 23 in  50 odd lb , good coat/feet, great nose  a real good mooching type dog. she was ok with me, and nobody else , no good with other dogs. now iam not say it was kelpie, it may have been the collie in her, but from experience with collie xs , they can be bit sharp with dogs or people , but nothing like this bitch was had to be muzzled  when out  , to dangerous with other dogs, the  last nail in the coffin  for her , was she went for my son , she had growl earlier at my wife ,  i put her down same day, bty i tried everything with her , igive her good feckin  wallop when she played up, she lay down by me not move, but as said she was fine with me bring rabbits   pile into a fox , a tough very strong animal . i like herding type xs , but think from my experience , you dont need lot in a lurcher 1/4 plenty of any herding blood , great looking  kelpie   hope it works out  mate

A know this gonna bring a moans but in all likely proba ility the kelpie sides they can be touchy has the cattle dogs can  atb bill

Just now, billhardy said:

A know this gonna bring a moans but in all likely proba ility the kelpie sides they can be touchy has the cattle dogs can  atb bill

And yas right there ray modern times you only need a touch of herder and a touch a terrier in the mix fa roustabout. Jukel. Atb bill

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, billhardy said:

And yas right there ray modern times you only need a touch of herder and a touch a terrier in the mix fa roustabout. Jukel. Atb bill

"only need a touch of herder and a touch a terrier"

Hows that pup you have bred??? , just a touch?

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

An between em they own atleast 3 first x herders I sure ?

Are you and sandymere mental.take it to pm or he might read it and then you'll be for it.

3 hours ago, sandymere said:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

An between em they own atleast 3 first x herders I sure ?

Keeping it simple for the two simpletons katch and sandy the the jukels on the whole don't need more than a quarter part herding blood ta be versatile theat s what rays meaning and ill say same. They don't. Abit a terrier helps the temp and stability of the jukel atb bill

Between the Spanish Internet quoting sandy and the simpleton katchum they both ain't got a clue who the feck would travel and import galgos when we have one the best coursing hounds in the world here in. UK and two were in amizt of a ban. That must put one in the simpleton bracket  I reckon sandy gets all emotional when on his travels visiting the galgo rescue centres fecking daft pussy. The ratio of fractions in a jukel depends on the given land one runs faster land faster type even though it can be the same type you pair ain't got a fe King clue yas both need ta out and b bb babout and you sandy get out in the cold a wee bit because those galgos would die under me sheer volume of graft in shitty terrible conditions would see them bags of bones and listless wasting hounds. Atb bill

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, sandymere said:

Judging by some of the comments, there are a few on here a little more than a ¼ touched in the head or it may be dementia, one of the two. ? yes Ray 1/4 is plenty

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

back to bickering i see ,sad really...i expect the pups (if they materialise) to be steady calm temps like both parents ,i know what is behind in the parents plays a part too  but i expect the breeding took place of this Kelpie dog because all the right signs were showing ...its a gamble with all litters ,but i think ive lessened the odds of getting a bad one 

• Like 9