Kelpies as a stud,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Everyday is a school day ole yin, an I’m no foolish enough to think I can’t learn a thing or 2 from here an there?

Well yas ad vice from Neil be something ta chew the fat over tomo plus bird also had one I think these are the aces fa first hamd knowledge bits a info they may have had the same foundation lines hey worth asking aye it. Atb bill

Just now, Attaboy said:

There goes another good thread!

2 minutes ago, Attaboy said:

There goes another good thread!

It his what it his attaboy all this simplicity seems ta be a no no with katchum common sense aye feck all ta do with ought else. Atb bill

7 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

A lot of fox dogs around mate, check out the running dogs FB pages Australia most are stags and bullgreys  I talk to a few of them not many kelpie only the odd whippet x for rabbits

I think you will find they are mostly in Vic or Southern NSW,Riverina,not many around my area.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, billhardy said:

It his what it his attaboy all this simplicity seems ta be a no no with katchum common sense aye feck all ta do with ought else. Atb bill

its a dog  hes getting bill ,not a f***ing crocodile ,dont be over complicating things ,if ye never had kelpie x ye will learn from each other over time ,...thier very laid back lurchers once the greyhound blood is added ,,,in fact id reckon their perfect for anyone with a calm sensible disposition,.......with an open mind and a lot of enthusiasm the possibilities are endless lol

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

its a dog  hes getting bill ,not a f***ing crocodile ,dont be over complicating things ,if ye never had kelpie x ye will learn from each other over time ,...thier very laid back lurchers once the greyhound blood is added ,,,in fact id reckon their perfect for anyone with a calm sensible disposition,.......with an open mind and a lot of enthusiasm the possibilities are endless lol

Jig saw a knows about kelpies and there types I have aquaintances that have them  that's but like with all types pne usually does abit of research on the lines before one does a mating gives you a general idea the welps ,kelpies are kelpies but they all differ mainly in temperament I aye having a dog I just putting across som folk  take a type with out any if not little knowledge katchum comes ta mind fella .atb bill

2 hours ago, billhardy said:

Jig saw a knows about kelpies and there types I have aquaintances that have them  that's but like with all types pne usually does abit of research on the lines before one does a mating gives you a general idea the welps ,kelpies are kelpies but they all differ mainly in temperament I aye having a dog I just putting across som folk  take a type with out any if not little knowledge katchum comes ta mind fella .atb bill

I've done more investigating on the offspring of this dog than you are aware of,you presume a bit too much,I've seen the dog,told by others how good at his job he is,how much knowledge do ye need to know,as I said,a balanced calm approach to any new worker will pay dividends

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

I've done more investigating on the offspring of this dog than you are aware of,you presume a bit too much,I've seen the dog,told by others how good at his job he is,how much knowledge do ye need to know,as I said,a balanced calm approach to any new worker will pay dividends

That be good jigsaw I wish you good luck atb bill

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, jigsaw said:

well ,i was in the yard with the Kelpie dog and hes a real soft oul mutt,loves yer mans daughters ,and is quiet happy to lounge in the sun waiting for his master to put him to work ,what i saw of him ,i really liked and think if he passes his laid back temperament to his off spring ,id be satisfied with that ,i have had one for 12 years allready and i couldnt have asked for a better dog/shooting partner  and general all round mutt.as for foxes ,they wont be high on my list of quarry with these dogs 

Sounds like a great temperament.

I think a lot of people think that kelpies are hyper because they've only seen hyper ones but each one's different. Noggin was friendly but polite with it (i.e. he waited to see if someone wanted his attention and accepted it if they didn't...I say was friendly as since his accident his character has changed... but that's too long a story for this thread). Ned is extremely positive and friendly but his negative is that he assumes everybody wants to play with him and can be pushy with his affection. However, Old Rusty was the same as a pup and grew into an adult with a wonderfully calm and laid back attitude to life. If he's half the dog Rust was then I'll be happy.

• Like 1

A mate of mine runs a pair of Kelpies , a few Collies and a Huntaway on his farm . Was asking him about the Kelpies and by his reckoning they are fantastic working dogs . They push just hard enough to get respect of sheep / cattle without the manic nature of the Collies , then as soon as their job is done they are happy to go out the way and wait until needed again , where as the Collies are constantly around the stock looking for work nipping at the cattle etc 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, postie said:

I've been around a few Kelpies and Kelpie lurchers over the years and can honestly say that their temperament was spot on?

20180211_093238.jpg

20180211_103509.jpg

smashing animals,could i ask where the red dog was bred ,ive seen this photo before ,did he origionate from Wales by any chance ....the expression on the black dog sums them up ,i hope the bitch has took and she has a nice tidy litter ,looking forward to the future of another kelpie lurcher....any photos of the kelpie x postie

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1