Kelpies as a stud,

18 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Well my bitch had her first couple runs on lamp last night, was asked to go check couple gates that kept blowing onto road an needed blocked up, gets to arable field an bitch is off lead as usual an  is just stood pointing into field haha I sort gates an grab lamp out car to have quick scan, an see a good few rabbits sat tight in the high winds, bitch is up an over gate straight away an runs at rabbit closest, I was gonna flick lamp off an let it go but it got up an by this time she was only yards away, Bunny headed for fence an she took it in the run, no retrieve but a half a lap a honour instead haha eventually got bunny off her, an slip on an to my surprise still a few squatters sat out, she saw the second as it squat an give a few pulls on slip a I thought fcuk it, away she goes full pelt down the beam an picks it right out it’s seat, an a retrieve too boot, that will do me, will hold her back again now an ferret her bit more till end a season, phone was dead but I’ll get some pics later on at work ?

Fair play mate. Nice when they start to do a few bits and pieces for you. Well happy with my young un what I started this season. Hope she carry’s on do the business for you. Atb Igz

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2020 at 01:41, Neal said:

That's similar to how I felt about my first kelpie. He tried so hard to please me and whenever he didn't understand what I wanted him to do he'd keep trying until he got it right. Ironically, the older he got the more the roles reversed i.e. I realized he was invariably right so I tended to follow his lead, he soon cottoned on to this so just did his own thing...seems a waste to have a dog with natural talents and a brain to match to then keep telling it, "No! Do what I say!" I've never bred a litter of pups in my life but I really regret not getting something out of him.

To quote somebody else: if he wasn't the pick of the litter, somebody else got a bloody good dog.

I only just saw this message now (I don't get on here much these days) but I always like hearing your Kelpie stories. For some reason my Kelpie doesn't like to jump, I have been trying to gradually get him higher and higher, then I try get him to jump on the ute or over a fence and he doesn't want a bar of it! Anyway I was playing with him in the backyard and he starts barking his 'serious' bark and I shone the torch over the back fence, which is about 6ft high and saw a fox. Because he is young and learning I fired him up thinking it will confirm to him they are quarry and to be pursued and he launched at the 6ft high fence got his front legs over the top and climbed up and over! He won't jump a 3ft fence when I tell him. They certainly are smart arses...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, jackthelad said:

serious look in the eye of that pup.......handfull jigsaw?

not in the least,very passive ,very obedient ,and very available to the right man lol

• Like 1

i said i was hoping id produce a decent few workers ,well i think ,i will have 2 very good workers in the 2 i kept (well 1 I kept,  the other i was stuck with lol) ,and i believe the rest of the owners are satisfied so far with theirs ,