Kelpies as a stud,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Couple hours out this morn before the driving rain an snow took the fun out the day, pup getting big now, an knows what’s what upto now?480E282C-F216-48E0-8F4F-F26C20C735E5.jpeg.a249e99911cfc440e3d00decc82ecc9a.jpeg34AA86AA-1F8D-4A6C-98A2-D17771D2DE70.jpeg.b5d40aaa9ef58b57c1a32244077c6356.jpegCF40FFB0-29BF-4D0A-A5D2-3DE861436A41.jpeg.fd0e831a92d1585f92724d5f986bcd66.jpeg

Kin el katch, has jigsaw been 100% with you? Looks to have a touch of bull and saluki blood in her ?

Only jesting ?. Looking good ?

50 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Kin el katch, has jigsaw been 100% with you? Looks to have a touch of bull and saluki blood in her ?

Only jesting ?. Looking good ?

Our Robert guessed gsd x reckon ray let the gret lump by

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Couple hours out this morn before the driving rain an snow took the fun out the day, pup getting big now, an knows what’s what upto now?480E282C-F216-48E0-8F4F-F26C20C735E5.jpeg.a249e99911cfc440e3d00decc82ecc9a.jpeg34AA86AA-1F8D-4A6C-98A2-D17771D2DE70.jpeg.b5d40aaa9ef58b57c1a32244077c6356.jpegCF40FFB0-29BF-4D0A-A5D2-3DE861436A41.jpeg.fd0e831a92d1585f92724d5f986bcd66.jpeg

mate she turning into a stunning looking lurcher looks really robust fek that clattering into you full tilt haha age is she now don?

I really enjoyed this thread and I think you have done brilliantly to maximize your chances of getting what you want. If I was in your part of the world I would have loved to have taken a pup from this litter. I currently own a pure male Kelpie (my first Kelpie) and I really enjoy having him, he seems to pick things up quicker than any dog I have owned before but he does lack that extra gear when pursuing game. He is only 13 months old but I know that I am going to enjoy having him around until one of us passes on.

• Like 2
On 03/02/2020 at 02:56, Silversnake said:

I really enjoyed this thread and I think you have done brilliantly to maximize your chances of getting what you want. If I was in your part of the world I would have loved to have taken a pup from this litter. I currently own a pure male Kelpie (my first Kelpie) and I really enjoy having him, he seems to pick things up quicker than any dog I have owned before but he does lack that extra gear when pursuing game. He is only 13 months old but I know that I am going to enjoy having him around until one of us passes on.

That's similar to how I felt about my first kelpie. He tried so hard to please me and whenever he didn't understand what I wanted him to do he'd keep trying until he got it right. Ironically, the older he got the more the roles reversed i.e. I realized he was invariably right so I tended to follow his lead, he soon cottoned on to this so just did his own thing...seems a waste to have a dog with natural talents and a brain to match to then keep telling it, "No! Do what I say!" I've never bred a litter of pups in my life but I really regret not getting something out of him.

To quote somebody else: if he wasn't the pick of the litter, somebody else got a bloody good dog.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Neal said:

That's similar to how I felt about my first kelpie. He tried so hard to please me and whenever he didn't understand what I wanted him to do he'd keep trying until he got it right. Ironically, the older he got the more the roles reversed i.e. I realized he was invariably right so I tended to follow his lead, he soon cottoned on to this so just did his own thing...seems a waste to have a dog with natural talents and a brain to match to then keep telling it, "No! Do what I say!" I've never bred a litter of pups in my life but I really regret not getting something out of him.

To quote somebody else: if he wasn't the pick of the litter, somebody else got a bloody good dog.

that is spot on and exactly how I work my cockers,    get them on the whistle and walking to heal when needed, and then let them work.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, two crows said:

that is spot on and exactly how I work my cockers,    get them on the whistle and walking to heal when needed, and then let them work.

That's the problem with some kelpies: "No!" sometimes doesn't work and you have to resort to "I said NO you prick-eared, belligerent, antipodean b*st*rd!"

• Haha 8
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

WeWell my bitch had her first couple runs on lamp last night, was asked to go check couple gates that kept blowing onto road an needed blocked up, gets to walk arable field an bitch is off lead as usual an  is just stood pointing into field haha I sort gates an grab lamp out car to have quick scan an see a good few rabbits sat tight in the high winds, bitch is up an over gate straight away an runs at rabbit closest I was gonna flick lamp off an let it go but it got up an by this time she was only yards away, Bunny headed for fence am she took it in the run, no retrieve but a half a lap a honour instead haha eventually got buy off her, an slip on an to my surprise still a squatters sat out, she saw the second as it squat a give a few pulls on slip a I thought fcuk it, away she goes full pelt down the beam an picks it right out it’s seat, an a retrieve your boot, that will do me, will hold her back again now an ferret her bit more till end a season, phone was dead but I’ll get some pics later on at work ?

Onwards and upwards now Don  ! she can only get better and Better

• Like 1