Kelpies as a stud,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I disagree an have found the few 3/4 greys Iv had we’re lacking, soon as the dog was asked to be out most days or nights the condition never held on dogs, it’s dogs for jobs an horses for courses. You may think 1/2 is too much but others may think 1/4 is not enough?

maybe 1/4 then , but back to lurcher than straight greyhound , your right to much sight hound will drop stamina, but still think these dogs x back to coursing type or lurcher x lurcher  be spot on, the kelpe will be strong gene ?

• Like 1

Hope everyone had a good  xmas day my mate bought a bitch of a lad at 10month old that jacked on its 10 white hare now who the fck would push a dog to that limit so young anyway the lad he bought it off Seen it out a few seasons later kill 5 brown hares  daytime the lad was livid he kept saying it wasent the same bitch she turned out top class daytime hare bitch prob one of the best I've seen  theres plenty pups out there it's all down to.luck and who ownes them I've made the same mistakes myself I've seen dogs for 50pnd beat 1000pnd coursing dogs  some people right crosses off because they seen a bad one I've seen a bad one in every fcken cross alive it's the good ones you remember I could slag every cross of but I wont because I've seen a few cracking dogs way all sorts in them have a good new year lads slowly slowly catchi monkey ?

• Like 5
2 hours ago, bird said:

back on track lol , like said on here these pups make great rabbit dogs for day/night deff?  my self i not really fan of any herding type x really , they just dont suit my personality , dont like sensitive type temps , i think when x back to running dogs, it  makes  trait stronger  deff.  but i reckon drop kelpie say 1/4 x back to running dog either greyhound, or lurcher , you have hell of a dog , pace stamina, strong temp . that bitch i had was only 1/4 kelpie  1/4 collie x grey, but that 1/4 kellpie deff made a difference  to the temp, more bolder type temp, ok she was bit over the top, with bit sharp  dogs/people  but that was just her, met few other and there temp were spot on with dogs and people . if ive learned anything with lurchers in 30 years, you dont need alot of base blood , 1/4 plenty of any breed  x back to running dog. i think one of this line that been bred now 1x kelpie x grey back to running dog , few years time  great dogs for the future , as you got the right foundation  to build from?

Depends how they throw, seen 1/4 breds that were just greyhounds ??‍♂️

• Like 3

Ive got a half cross border collie greyhound never had a dog with so much collie in she is just 10 months old but looking at those kelpie pups they look alot racier than what she was at the same age I like the larger amount of collie in her she takes a bit of a knock without any problems I can see these pups being the same 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, fatlad said:

Ive got a half cross border collie greyhound never had a dog with so much collie in she is just 10 months old but looking at those kelpie pups they look alot racier than what she was at the same age I like the larger amount of collie in her she takes a bit of a knock without any problems I can see these pups being the same 

Was it you who had a pup off deputydog a few year back ? Saluki bull grey x collie whippet grey ?