Kelpies as a stud,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I jus feed the fcuker an get it out an about mate, was jigsaw that done all the hard graft, I’m just reaping the rewards ? cheers tho?

you sound a bit like me you feel your just feeding the fcuker but your actually training it without your self actually knowing your training it your training to fit in how you wanna roll??Not trying to push your luck purdeys progressing it by certain time scales of age 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bird said:

nice pup that, all the litter should make good rabbit dogs .i like to get them out young 9 weeks old, just after them jabs. it really helps with live stock, gates, hedges , ditches, by time they get to 6 months old, they catch rabbits, and not be phased   day/night . both bryn and Buck were out young , best thing i ever did. regards size i say with the bitches  23-24in  dogs  25in, the kelpie will keep the size down, but 23-25in spot on for rabbits and what ever pops up, i be bit careful  with mouthing  rabbits, let her have good old smell and feel them, but after that, not let her touch them . she look great little temp from pics, nice and confident , carnt stand nervy sensitive  dogs , both mine are, ok do great at there jobs, but as ive said before not keen on there basic temps .

How many dogs have you owned mate you only talk about the ones you still own which with all the old dogs the story’s of them get better and better and the none ped whippet that gets mentioned ever time a whippet post comes on.

Edited by Trev70
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I jus feed the fcuker an get it out an about mate, was jigsaw that done all the hard graft, I’m just reaping the rewards ? cheers tho?

That pups a belter don really well put together mate check the legs in the fecker looks like a cracking jacket on it as well be nice to see when it’s a bit older you won’t break that in a hurry looks a tough wee f****r now 

• Like 1
On 11/11/2019 at 20:57, Trev70 said:

How many dogs have you owned mate you only talk about the ones you still own which with all the old dogs the story’s of them get better and better and the none ped whippet that gets mentioned ever time a whippet post comes on.

Right, here goes this in 30 years not a lot,  4 collie xs  with counting old Bryn,  3 bullxs. 1 lurcher xlurcher bitch, 1 x gsd x grey Buck I've got now and 1 none ped whippet bitch that you mentioned above lol. So not a lot really. A lot of my dogs either died out working, or  had badInjuries and  could not run so we're p/t/s.  Old Bryn still going OK he 12, Buck 7 and going OK, out every day for 2 hours , both keep me happy. I've always said on the sites, that I had bull breeds 1st, only wanted a healither type dog that might catch me dinner, which all have done for me, that's why I had lurchers. I've dropped bollocks with lurchers like most people have, but tried to learn from it if I can, not all ways though haha. If I can help people with. My bit of experience I will. that's what hunting site about is it not!! 

• Like 17
5 hours ago, bird said:

Right, here goes this in 30 years not a lot,  4 collie xs  with counting old Bryn,  3 bullxs. 1 lurcher xlurcher bitch, 1 x gsd x grey Buck I've got now and 1 none ped whippet bitch that you mentioned above lol. So not a lot really. A lot of my dogs either died out working, or  had badInjuries and  could not run so we're p/t/s.  Old Bryn still going OK he 12, Buck 7 and going OK, out every day for 2 hours , both keep me happy. I've always said on the sites, that I had bull breeds 1st, only wanted a healither type dog that might catch me dinner, which all have done for me, that's why I had lurchers. I've dropped bollocks with lurchers like most people have, but tried to learn from it if I can, not all ways though haha. If I can help people with. My bit of experience I will. that's what hunting site about is it not!! 

Average of a new lurcher every 3 years lol

On 13/11/2019 at 14:55, bird said:

Thanks that answer's my thought's.

Well he may end up staying,which is a pity,for 2 is one too many ,at the moment were flat out with work,can't get out the countryside at all...he'd be better with a one on one situation,but I still get stupid offers on him...so maybe the right owner will surface yet,13 weeks old yesterdayScreenshot_20191117-185134.jpg.23666491b51179d64604fac5cbc43249.jpg

• Like 6
4 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Well he may end up staying,which is a pity,for 2 is one too many ,at the moment were flat out with work,can't get out the countryside at all...he'd be better with a one on one situation,but I still get stupid offers on him...so maybe the right owner will surface yet,13 weeks old yesterdayScreenshot_20191117-185134.jpg.23666491b51179d64604fac5cbc43249.jpg

Can’t believe no one has snapped your hand off. If I was getting another pup, I’d be over in a flash. Fingers crossed the right person comes along 

• Thanks 1