Kelpies as a stud,

I like to see pups at 3-4 month, you have a much better idea of the stamp of the final product. It's a shame breeders don't habitually keep them back that extra month imo.

That dog pup is a cracking strong thing! I actually wish I had the work for him.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

Size of that thing looks to have a real thick set about it nice thick knuckles on it they all like that? 

Yeah but they all have plenty of kangaroo legs too lol...they won't be stumpy,all fed like savages from 3 weeks old and it paid off

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I like to see pups at 3-4 month, you have a much better idea of the stamp of the final product. It's a shame breeders don't habitually keep them back that extra month imo.

That dog pup is a cracking strong thing! I actually wish I had the work for him.

Jesus you couldn't keep them till 4 months,you wouldn't have a towel or a bed sheet left on the line ,not a trousers to wear,and the meat they eat is unreal,plus I think one on one bonding should take place as early as possible

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Jesus you couldn't keep them till 4 months,you wouldn't have a towel or a bed sheet left on the line ,not a trousers to wear,and the meat they eat is unreal,plus I think one on one bonding should take place as early as possible

f***ing hell, I've given you PTSD! :laugh:

No, I get that jig. LOL. I'm just saying I personally would be more drawn to that pup at 3-4 months of age than I would a 7-8 week old litter. I personally don't think those 3rd and 4th months make any difference to the human bond but I think it'd do pups heaps of good to be around their kind for longer.

I don't think there'll be much variation between them,they were like peas in a pod,one or two a bit smaller than the rest ,and to be honest I it was a great experience but it was an even greater experience to see them leave lol

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Wideboy said:

My sister got a springer at 4 months old and it died at the age of 3 a few months ago. The next week I brought her to a lad selling 2 month old pups and she picked one. She told me she would never get another pup over 9 weeks old again as the bond she has with this one now is so much more. And it’s just 4 months now?I personally wouldn’t take a pup that was older then 9/10 either. Just an example bud. 

I have no doubt there are hundreds of similar anecdotes mate. I still don't believe it makes a difference. Good to hear she is getting on well with her pup all the same. :thumbs:

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

That the one still looking for a home , ? 

This feller here a bit bigger than the bitch too,, in fairness 10 weeks old,he's huge lol

IMG_20191026_175946__01.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I have no doubt there are hundreds of similar anecdotes mate. I still don't believe it makes a difference. Good to hear she is getting on well with her pup all the same. :thumbs:

They can end up nervous and withdrawn from getting bullied by siblings at that age.

1 minute ago, jiggy said:

They can end up nervous and withdrawn from getting bullied by siblings at that age.

Honestly,at 5 weeks I wanted them gone,they were wild little b*****ds,you walk in to feed/play with them,they went on full attack,shoes,pants,socks,ankles....all fair game...and they fought and played hardball from a very early stage

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

Honestly,at 5 weeks I wanted them gone,they were wild little b*****ds,you walk in to feed/play with them,they went on full attack,shoes,pants,socks,ankles....all fair game...and they fought and played hardball from a very early stage

Yeah it's hard on all partys involved terrorise Dam, owner and each other.? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

I once had two coursing dog pups left  and they were bastrds for fighting full on, a chap came for one, and they set off on one , the chap said to me I have never seen pups fight like that ile have em both lol they made top class dogs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1