Kelpies as a stud,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

ive 2 pups left ,and ive a few over here enquiring on them but im not selling to those lads ,theyd never see their old bones with these guys i reckon,...serious owners only considered ,their good company for each other at the minute ,we bring them in to the house every evening so they can cause mayhem for a few hours ,then back to their bed ,fed and tired lol...mad little feckers they are ,,ive enjoyed the experience overall,but the last few weeks was a tad stressful to say the least lol

• Like 1
4 hours ago, baker boy said:

Feeding must be a thing over there, went to pick some terriers up years ago and every time I sat down I got fed, my mate went to Bagshot to pick up a pup fella half opened the front door took money handed over the pup and closed the door on him, barely said a word..?

Hospitality at its best atb bill

18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Wasn’t only jigsaws family, everybody we met in the south of Ireland treated us very well, never really stopped In north but I’m south they just laughed at us an helped any way they could, considering we never took euro’s?

this country is one of the friendliest about i reckon,no one pre judges anyone (mostly,lol) and everyones willing to help,and do business with anyone looking for business,bringing that foreign shitty money wasnt a good move though lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

this country is one of the friendliest about i reckon,no one pre judges anyone (mostly,lol) and everyones willing to help,and do business with anyone looking for business,bringing that foreign shitty money wasnt a good move though lol...

Did you and jigsaw have to communicate with sign language. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

He put on his poshest telephone voice for us ?

lol,theres some bit of truth in that ,i had to speak slow and clear for the lads,when i spoke to the b and b owner in blarney it was back to normal,100 mph speech lol

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Cow herding ?

Yep fet Hong the cows in while katchum attaches the units lolta be fair this should be thought out previous these will have lots a pent up drive and energy every day a day that needs loads and loads of stimulation of the brain wait till the body needs the exercise  they'll need it every day in season or not all Yr round. Some would be better suited with just a drop or quarter base blood that of a kelpie. But hey I don't know do I if the kelpie bloods has should be it'll be a task in itself fa those that work ta keep these happy plus meet the jukels requirements.in the field high drive jukels can be a fecking nightmare one can not be ill in fact the handler needs ta be like the jukel fecking offa it fa at lest first three ta four yrs. But hey enjoy with luck yall be fine atb bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

slow and steady wins the race bill,gradually bring em on ,they wont be doing back flips in the kennels while waiting to go.lol..the last bitch i had ,you could not tire her out but she was quiet content to chill at anyones side when off duty,the sire to these pups is a very laid back animal UNTIL duty calls and then hes a dynamo,but back in the yard quiet happy to sit with the young kids ,playing ball or just sleeping in the sun...(the rare times we get it )..i expect these pups to be steady when they get a bit of training and discipline,  i dont foresee a problem anyway...lets hope im right 

• Like 13
4 hours ago, jigsaw said:

slow and steady wins the race bill,gradually bring em on ,they wont be doing back flips in the kennels while waiting to go.lol..the last bitch i had ,you could not tire her out but she was quiet content to chill at anyones side when off duty,the sire to these pups is a very laid back animal UNTIL duty calls and then hes a dynamo,but back in the yard quiet happy to sit with the young kids ,playing ball or just sleeping in the sun...(the rare times we get it )..i expect these pups to be steady when they get a bit of training and discipline,  i dont foresee a problem anyway...lets hope im right 

I hear of all these notoriously high drive type dogs that it's known "need heaps of work daily or they'll turn into monsters" and yet I've seen more than one type in the hands of pragmatic no nonsense dogmen that are as chilled as an ex track greyhound with very little daily work, just consistency and a bit of physical exercise (by no means a lot).

I'm not saying they don't exist but I think stockmanship/nurture plays a huge role.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I hear of all these notoriously high drive type dogs that it's known "need heaps of work daily or they'll turn into monsters" and yet I've seen more than one type in the hands of pragmatic no nonsense dogmen that are as chilled as an ex track greyhound with very little daily work, just consistency and a bit of physical exercise (by no means a lot).

I'm not saying they don't exist but I think stockmanship/nurture plays a huge role.

I suppose if yas give them nought they'll eventually gett used T a.nought I have seen thus so the traits are not needed in a jukel of the part timer pos hunters pester killers are mu vh sought handlers da thus type the very use of the type his da driven hunter jukels thT can take a good bit of graft. Has the saying goes no build the drive no drive. Atb bill

• Confused 1