Kelpies as a stud,

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

5 and a half weeks gone and no indication yet shes preggers,its too early yet i know ,i wait in hope and have turned back to religion (well not quiet ,but it could happen lol)

not sure if you know.....but if she hasn't took and you go for it again next time she breaks down.....you can buy online ovulation strips....its just a strip of paper you insert slightly in to the bitch ..it changes colour when there at there most fertile....and if its possible with travel ect....then mate here 2-3 times over 4-5 days

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

On 20/07/2019 at 10:31, TOMO said:

not sure if you know.....but if she hasn't took and you go for it again next time she breaks down.....you can buy online ovulation strips....its just a strip of paper you insert slightly in to the bitch ..it changes colour when there at there most fertile....and if its possible with travel ect....then mate here 2-3 times over 4-5 days

Hopefully I won't have to do it again for years,I don't enjoy breeding pups,I fret a little too much over them....that was the difficulty with the mating ,the distance and work was a hinderance

Edited by jigsaw
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Hopefully I won't have to do it again for years,I don't enjoy breeding pups,I feet a little too much over them....that was the difficulty with the mating ,the distance and work was a hinderance

hope it works mate , maybe give it another week , then get her checked by your vet, then you deff know. never bred running dogs, but did bull breeds, bred a bullmastiff  , got 2 matings in the day morning them one in the evening , o i know  one tie can be enough ,   10 pups, one died  but rest turned out great , few went abroad  Germany, USA, Holland , rest here  , won crufts  with my male  the stud, so alot of interest in the litter . wouldn't breed  dog again  ,  , more so a lurcher  rather buy one i. sounds like you got good  stud and bitch, maybe if not this season, try her again in her next season, when she breaks down  they say from 11 days  - 16 days , but it getting her as Tomo  says when she most fertile   .

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, bird said:

hope it works mate , maybe give it another week , then get her checked by your vet, then you deff know. never bred running dogs, but did bull breeds, bred a bullmastiff  , got 2 matings in the day morning them one in the evening , o i know  one tie can be enough ,   10 pups, one died  but rest turned out great , few went abroad  Germany, USA, Holland , rest here  , won crufts  with my male  the stud, so alot of interest in the litter . wouldn't breed  dog again  ,  , more so a lurcher  rather buy one i. sounds like you got good  stud and bitch, maybe if not this season, try her again in her next season, when she breaks down  they say from 11 days  - 16 days , but it getting her as Tomo  says when she most fertile   .

i had her tested on a Monday,vet told me she was a few days off ,then same test wednesday,told me shes right tomorrow ,bang on the button,the bitch stood and accepted the dog no bother and tied ,for over 30 minutes ,it was an hour and 20 minutes each way to go,i got home for 11 that night after working all day ,it went well and i hadnt time to go again untill the saturday or sunday ,where i thought she would be passed her most fertile moments ,anyway ,shes done and hopefully taken ..another 2 weeks will tell...i would never have bred a litter if i could have found a pup from the exact breed ...but i want a kelpie x again and know what is coming down the track (hopefully) when these pups arrive..there will be a toast to their health and well being ...and mine ...when they come ,,lol

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

This young bitch is coming on a treat..?.

DSC_3812.JPG

if they were advertised a while back for sale ,i wouldnt even consider breeding a litter ,she is spot on ,any back ground info on her Phil,is she yours?

37 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

if they were advertised a while back for sale ,i wouldnt even consider breeding a litter ,she is spot on ,any back ground info on her Phil,is she yours?

by what you said , regards the mating  you got it spot on and good tie  30 mins , really hope there pups on the  ground  in 9 weeks. the above bitch  looks to me like a acd , another great  working dog, 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, bird said:

by what you said , regards the mating  you got it spot on and good tie  30 mins , really hope there pups on the  ground  in 9 weeks. the above bitch  looks to me like a acd , another great  working dog, 

Thanks Ray,I gave it my best shot anyway,I'm down 320 euros for my efforts,but I don't care about that,be worth it if it happens,that is a beaut of a bitch above ,sneaky slinky all rounder lol...im off now with herself on a 2 hr drive to pick up a pair of Jill ferrets from my mate in Belfast,hes got a great line of workers so i will have a good rabbiting team by next season hopefully.....we meet up have brekkie and catch up on things ,thees no hope for me .lol

Edited by jigsaw

You are right, to move forward with your plans Jigsaw.

There will always be more money to earn, so give it your best, you can do no more.

The fawn bitch is a pure Kelpie,..she is a good worker on her sheep and I did have a mind to use her, as a Dam to create lurchers.

Unfortunately,. the cruel hand of fate has decreed otherwise.

My dear wife is ill. 

She must now be, my first priority

Anyway,..all the best of luck with your own exciting project,..regards, Phil.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

There will always be more money to earn, so give it your best, you can do no more.

The fawn bitch is a pure Kelpie,..she is a good worker on her sheep and I did have a mind to use her, as a Dam to create lurchers.

My dear wife is ill. 

sorry to hear about your mrs  phil , i know she been poorly few times , hope she gets better , be alot on your mind now , dogs take the back burner  in times like these  pm if you want, if you ever fancy  chinwag   , might take your mind of it a bit .  Ray

• Like 2

My dear wife is ill. 

so sorry to hear that Phil,best wishes for the future and hope all goes well for you and family,,she must be your ONLY priority,the dogs are well  able to wait in the wings till all is back to normality...kind regards to you and your wife...

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

My dear wife is ill. 

Sorry to hear about your wife Phil,

my wife going through treatment and it's been a very dark time but we can see some light at last ,

stay strong and I hope everything turns out ok .

atb 

mooch

• Like 3