Kelpies as a stud,

I hope the bitch is in pup and you get a nice litter jiggy ....and hopfully a few lads stay in touch with you when they take the pups and with a bit of luck some post on here of there advetures with them.....best wishes with them mate....

now the 3/4 bred that will be my bread and butter....nice grew over one of them

• Like 3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I hope the bitch is in pup and you get a nice litter jiggy ....and hopfully a few lads stay in touch with you when they take the pups and with a bit of luck some post on here of there advetures with them.....best wishes with them mate....

now the 3/4 bred that will be my bread and butter....nice grew over one of them

thanks Tomo ,me too...as for the 3/4 ,you never know in the future,if i live long enough for that to happen ,lol

• Like 1
5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Now now bill don’t be bitter Cos Iv pointed out ye tell lies now an again, leave the mans thread alone now rather than use it to get a dig at meC if I honestly thought ye man enough I’d come show you the dog when i get sorted just to show you, you know nowt, but what’s point yous never admit to being wrong ?

i won’t reply tho this anymore as it will only help you ruin the thread, I’ll speak to the breeder in private an leave you to waffle your know all shite??

Katchum what the feck yas o. About yas calling a mm an a liar I aye no fecking liar thiss thread you yas self gave seen ta be a two bit fecking simpleton where jukel are ya have very little k ow ledge yas tthings ya fecker the man's had my thoughts that ard honest and ill say it again. One with any sence does research o. A line of any type of studs what eva the breed its a mere fecking fact and with herders the temperament his the main quality in any worker. Tyou aye seen me to be a liar cause I ain't a liar you follow all the ythreafs I post on your k ow ledge would fit on the back of a Sr ond class stamp. I forgot more bullshitter fact. Atb bill

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Katchum what the feck yas o. About yas calling a mm an a liar I aye no fecking liar thiss thread you yas self gave seen ta be a two bit fecking simpleton where jukel are ya have very little k ow ledge yas tthings ya fecker the man's had my thoughts that ard honest and ill say it again. One with any sence does research o. A line of any type of studs what eva the breed its a mere fecking fact and with herders the temperament his the main quality in any worker. Tyou aye seen me to be a liar cause I ain't a liar you follow all the ythreafs I post on your k ow ledge would fit on the back of a Sr ond class stamp. I forgot more bullshitter fact. Atb bill

Reckon hes gerrin to u bill why not calm.down a bit owd lad 

For the best 

• Like 1

A reckon he a wind up merchant but he a two bit messer allways will be putting units on cows twenty four ten 365days of the yr  very little time to do a jukel other ta empty out lol blacky he a shitter cow shitter .atb bill

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Reckon hes gerrin to u bill why not calm.down a bit owd lad 

For the best 

Blackly I quite a fit fella  perhaps not has fit  outa season an all but still okay  lol atb bill

Just now, billhardy said:

A reckon he a wind up merchant but he a two bit messer allways will be putting units on cows twenty four ten 365days of the yr  very little time to do a jukel other ta empty out lol blacky he a shitter cow shitter .atb bill

There's an invitation for yu katchum has you say you'll come show me I am wrong ,which by  by the way where have I said on the post they won't come  to anything you twist folks words ya an manipulative ause hole it's there fa all ta see having an opinion on a stud his just that but you take ones thoughts and opinions and twist the post all because your gonna get one .even when you ask fa an opinion well fella theres lots things aint worked out right fa me in ta dogs and plenty others also ,but hey its like ought els yall not do enough ta find tnis out soft fecker atb bill

20 hours ago, runner neil said:

A mate of mine runs a pair of Kelpies , a few Collies and a Huntaway on his farm . Was asking him about the Kelpies and by his reckoning they are fantastic working dogs . They push just hard enough to get respect of sheep / cattle without the manic nature of the Collies , then as soon as their job is done they are happy to go out the way and wait until needed again , where as the Collies are constantly around the stock looking for work nipping at the cattle etc 

That's been my experience of them too. They have so much energy you'd think they'd never be able to turn it off but as soon as I get home they just find somewhere to kip and that'll be it until I reach for a coat or boots again. Rusty was a real sun worshiper and would spend even the hottest summer days lounging in a hot spot; if the sun moved and he was in the shade he's get up and move to another hot spot.

Postie, that top photo is a stunner! When I used to have lurchers I always preferred slim collies as I presumed they'd breed better lurchers but now I no longer need to think about their offspring I prefer a dog with more substance like that black and tan. Is it a Winesland dog by any chance as it looks similar to the sire of my first kelpie and the grandsire of my current eldest, both of which were of that breeding...probably just a coincidence though.

• Like 2

,i know you need to assess and consider the temperament but as ive met the dog ,spoke to a man that used the dog as stud and he told me the offspring he produced have developed into very keen working dogs ,very biddable animals and in no way neurotic ,its enough for me to use him,the fact he was bought for one thousand euros ,im sure the current owner checked out this side of the dog as well as the working ability ,and he says he leaves the dog around the farm yard where the kids play with him and he is no bother to anyone,but always ready to do the job in an instant ,that for me is the the end of the enquiry,if theres pups there in the belly of the bitch ,they have everything I WANT  for my future ,if folk dont think thats enough ,then i can bet theres plenty more robust  keen pups being created elsewhere ...and a search of the litters to be, might be needed,ive had a few different crosses over the years and most made a decent companion,so its not too difficult to size up a pup over months and see how to approach their introduction into the wonderful world of slaying stuff.....and if its possible with some of you lads ,,stop the f***ing bickering ,its getting fairly boring to see on lots of topics here ...keep it constructive ,objective and unintrusive ..

• Like 8
28 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

,i know you need to assess and consider the temperament but as ive met the dog ,spoke to a man that used the dog as stud and he told me the offspring he produced have developed into very keen working dogs ,very biddable animals and in no way neurotic ,its enough for me to use him,the fact he was bought for one thousand euros ,im sure the current owner checked out this side of the dog as well as the working ability ,and he says he leaves the dog around the farm yard where the kids play with him and he is no bother to anyone,but always ready to do the job in an instant ,that for me is the the end of the enquiry,if theres pups there in the belly of the bitch ,they have everything I WANT  for my future ,if folk dont think thats enough ,then i can bet theres plenty more robust  keen pups being created elsewhere ...and a search of the litters to be, might be needed,ive had a few different crosses over the years and most made a decent companion,so its not too difficult to size up a pup over months and see how to approach their introduction into the wonderful world of slaying stuff.....and if its possible with some of you lads ,,stop the f***ing bickering ,its getting fairly boring to see on lots of topics here ...keep it constructive ,objective and unintrusive ..

Amen brother 

• Like 1