Kelpies as a stud,

Thanks Neal,I will dig deeper into the dogs background,the owner is a hill farmer and is not the most talkative of folk,I do know he paid 1k for the dog and it came from Wicklow,I am sad to hear the old lady passed on,.....oh and I'm still waiting on a few photos of the young dogs you promised me a long while back lol...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup today ......  

Few recent pics of my pup, looking more lurcher like now, picks everything up very quickly 

Posted Images

Me and technology are not great friends! 

As an example I've tried to send this reply about half a dozen times in the last couple of hours but it keeps sending me to a different page and saying ERROR 404.

Some craic if I get a litter of dog pups,lol...I be gutted myself,there's 3 bitches needed so far,but I'm counting my chickens before they hatch,I hope the bitch is in pup 

• Like 1
On 09/07/2019 at 16:36, TOMO said:

yeh.........DONT....:D

That's exactly what my advice was going to be!

Seriously though... the same as with any dog...temperament is everything so make sure the sire and dam are dogs you'd be happy to spend the next sixteen years with.

• Haha 1
On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:25, Aussie Whip said:

Running dogs are such a small % of hunters here,in NSW anyway,its all pig hunting.Cattle dogs are used for them sometimes or are in a lot of pigdog lines.They use pure kelpies a lot for bailing pigs to shoot or until the lugging dogs arrive.You cant hunt deer or roos legally with running dogs but staghounds are mostly used for fast bigger stuff or bullygrey types.The last 15 to 20 years I've mainly hunted rabbits with whippet or whippet/ stags,apart from catching goats for dog food with a pitbull.Couple of pics on living off the land section under pig headed.

A lot of fox dogs around mate, check out the running dogs FB pages Australia most are stags and bullgreys  I talk to a few of them not many kelpie only the odd whippet x for rabbits

6 hours ago, Neal said:

That's exactly what my advice was going to be!

Seriously though... the same as with any dog...temperament is everything so make sure the sire and dam are dogs you'd be happy to spend the next sixteen years with.

well ,i was in the yard with the Kelpie dog and hes a real soft oul mutt,loves yer mans daughters ,and is quiet happy to lounge in the sun waiting for his master to put him to work ,what i saw of him ,i really liked and think if he passes his laid back temperament to his off spring ,id be satisfied with that ,i have had one for 12 years allready and i couldnt have asked for a better dog/shooting partner  and general all round mutt.as for foxes ,they wont be high on my list of quarry with these dogs 

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1

A believe it's wise ta ger some advice fa them that had a breeds  or xs of a jukel. Plus back ground information on the line of a stud prior a mating his surely a must.and more importantly temperament. Under pressure. But there we have it it his what it his good luck and hope all goes well atb bill

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Everyday is a school day ole yin, an I’m no foolish enough to think I can’t learn a thing or 2 from here an there?

No fa what it's worth ya aye want ta learn from here and there katchum ya a chancer your attitude which ramjs idiot says it all but hey ya just showing your microscopic knowledge on jukels full stop and how one goes about getting a chance f1. You are a fool. Taking a welp on breed and xs type alone that's a fact your a bigger novice than I thought only fools an Ll that but even so I wish you best in your venture you have already been advice but hey I believe a collie xs grey would suit you better. Ya should a gone collie John's litter. Atb bil

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

???

Yas have no answer da that katchum ya fecking blind man  yall fumble along though lol lol it may be a biter in situations with your terriers it temperament be one a those grumpy types where it could be unpredictable. Ha ha ha ya did ask but then didma want any info from here or there begs believing. Atb bill