Re locating Rabbits

Last October I released 4 Doe  and 1 Buck Rabbits on some land close by me , in Novembet I added 3 more [2Does and   a Buck] this morning I was up there for the first time since and the Dog put three Rabbits out of the Bracken which ran into an old reopened sett , I will add to these over the next year  and they just may take off, the land is ideal South facing side of a massive Hill covered in Gorse and they should thrive . We shall see..

micks pics 239.jpg

• Like 9

I've been dropping rabbits on a piece of land by me most seasons for last 10 odd yrs.....finally now they have a strong population and don't get hammered......nice to be able to walk the dogs and they got some scent and a few runs to keep them busy....beats driving 60 miles to my nearest permission?mixed Scottish and English rabbits in with some Welsh stock?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I've been dropping rabbits on a piece of land by me most seasons for last 10 odd yrs.....finally now they have a strong population and don't get hammered......nice to be able to walk the dogs and they got some scent and a few runs to keep them busy....beats driving 60 miles to my nearest permission?mixed Scottish and English rabbits in with some Welsh stock?

keep saying I'm going to do the same....bring some back from up north.....then go out to Norfolk and get a load and drop them here.....still saying it...but not done it yet....lol

3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

keep saying I'm going to do the same....bring some back from up north.....then go out to Norfolk and get a load and drop them here.....still saying it...but not done it yet....lol

you do that tomo bring them back round here for me to go at?. it's a good thing what you lad's are doing. but you have to look at what caused original rabbits to decline in the first place to see if they can avoid the same fate. 

• Haha 1

I've been putting out rabbits from different Warren's for a while now in the hope that it might strengthen the genepool,I'm fortunate to have access to large numbers of rabbits,but when the myxy or the rhd hits it does come hard.heres hoping.