George h 87

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big girl on her 4th crow tonight out the hood 

Anybody getting a new bird for this season ive not long got new female gos buteoides bred by jorg freye shes 6 year old cant wait to pull her 

Just picked up a Pere Gyr Saker fancied a change.  

Posted Images

Everything that could go wrong did, lol. First I tracked out the wrong way probably because the bird was still moving. Then my receiver batteries were going. I switched receivers to my new one and snapped the aerial off. Walked almost to the bird then all the way back to get truck to see if I had spare batteries in truck. Drove around to fields, luckily batteries had gained a bit of charge due to being switched off. Tracked into bird as quickly as I could before batteries quit on me. Then forgot my glove, found bird and had to take my shirt off and pick up bird on that, lol. To which she thought my fingers were meat and tried eating them all the way back to the truck. Oh the joys of hawking lol.

8 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Everything that could go wrong did, lol. First I tracked out the wrong way probably because the bird was still moving. Then my receiver batteries were going. I switched receivers to my new one and snapped the aerial off. Walked almost to the bird then all the way back to get truck to see if I had spare batteries in truck. Drove around to fields, luckily batteries had gained a bit of charge due to being switched off. Tracked into bird as quickly as I could before batteries quit on me. Then forgot my glove, found bird and had to take my shirt off and pick up bird on that, lol. To which she thought my fingers were meat and tried eating them all the way back to the truck. Oh the joys of hawking lol.

Sounds like an interesting day ?

7 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Sounds like an interesting day ?

Its been a bit like it lately. Had to leave her out on Monday night up at 4.00 a.m retrieved at first light with a full crop of crow lol.

Should be alright now as got my GPS back and running, as from today!

Edited by Moorman 1
2 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Its been a bit like it lately. Had to leave her out on Monday night up at 4.00 a.m retrieved at first light with a full crop of crow lol.

Should be alright now as got my GPS back and running, as from today!

Been looking at them gps they sure do make things look a lot easier lol  . Which gps you running the Marshall ? 

21 hours ago, Elchapo said:

She’s doing well mate , giving them black stuff hell 

Cheers !

This new microsensory system is a game changer.  Had one day before yesterday a straight 600 metre flight and a kill. Today was a 3.5 mile track down, and that's how the crow flies.

Kill15 Track 3.52 miles.jpg

Kill.15.jpg

Kill,14.jpg

14 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

Cheers !

This new microsensory system is a game changer.  Had one day before yesterday a straight 600 metre flight and a kill. Today was a 3.5 mile track down, and that's how the crow flies.

Kill15 Track 3.52 miles.jpg

Kill.15.jpg

Kill,14.jpg

How come you chose the micro instead the Marshall , I don’t actually no the ins and outs of each system but noticed the Marshall tag half the size of micro 

The battery doesn't last long on the Marshall and the range isn't good. The micro is the only system that works anywhere in the world that has phone signal. It has a system that sends a text message with the gps co ordinates and it will take you there on google maps sat nav fashion, its a cracking system. It also has a normal telemetry system and a live gps system, so for all 3 systems to fail would be highly unlikey. It also has built in solar panels on the tag, and functions where you can put the tag to sleep from your phone at night to save battery etc. It really is a game changer. I have heard of people losing their birds with the Marshall due to poor range, and low battery life.

Edited by Moorman 1
9 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

The battery doesn't last long on the Marshall and the range isn't good. The micro is the only system that works anywhere in the world that has phone signal. It has a system that sends a text message with the gps co ordinates and it will take you there on google maps sat nav fashion, its a cracking system. It also has a normal telemetry system and a live gps system, so for all 3 systems to fail would be highly unlikey. It also has built in solar panels on the tag, and functions where you can put the tag to sleep from your phone at night to save battery etc. It really is a game changer. I have heard of people losing their birds with the Marshall due to poor range, and low battery life.

Cheers , like I say haven’t realy looked in to them much , 

so say say for instance you can’t get phone signal will the telemetry still work ?