raffa leaves newcastle

8 hours ago, j j m said:

its ashly they will not want to deal with ,get rid of him a few good managers would take the job

Exactly JJ, Ashley goes and Newcastle may just show their true potential under new owners and a quality manager 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How things can change in such a short time. Full of hope at the end of last season. Making progress on the pitch at last. Then news of a takeover. Looking even better! No takeover, Raffa gone, Pe

If I was a Newcastle supporter I would be so disappointed in theshort sightedness o f Ashley , Rafa wanted to build Newcastle ,he could see the potential ,he wanted investment in the infrastructure of

Max's computer must be broke ? Cheers, D.

I still have hope that the reported interest from a new owner is genuine and goes ahead. Not expecting Man City type investment but would hope for an owner who's ambition extends to a little more than avoiding relegation and getting TV money. 2nd half of last season we actually started to play ok football and did not look out of place in the league. If the new owner brought Raffa back and let him continue with what he started to build (signing Rondom a must) then that would do.

It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings, or rather the fat b#####d leaves. That fat b. being Ashley not Raffa.

• Like 1

i have heard the sale is ticking along  nicely,  but  there are two problems 1....the buyer has connections to a consortium looking to buy into Leeds which is of concern and 2...Mike Ashly is a c**t to deal with.Apparently his refusal to buy Rondon was the signal Rafa needed to depart.Same source stated Lampard will be the new Chelsea manager on a 3 year deal.

I would think that how much Raffa would be given to spend, or how much he would be picking up in wages was not the problem. More likely  he would not be permitted to spend the money on players he wants and keep who he wants to keep. Ashley's "business plan" at NUFC has always been buy cheap and sell at a profit. Carroll (cost nothing), Sissoko, Wijnaldum etc. And it has been a good business plan. NUFC still in Premier League and I would imagine as a business still showing profit. Not to mention free worldwide advertising for the tatt that the owner sells. But what type of football manager with any self respect would want to work within those confines?

Perez should be next to go. Cost under £2m. Longstaff cost nowt and must be worth a punt at £15+. Dabravka similar. Apparent interest in Almiron, and he will be sold if a profit can be made before the transfer window closes.  Rondom available at £16.5m. A no brainer, but does not fit the business plan. He will have little value 2 or 3 years from now, even if he could help NUFC win a cup or finish top half of the league. It's just cold calculating soulless business to the present owner.

On 24/06/2019 at 23:08, Blackmag said:

That doesn't surprise me mick the toon were a threat then we're as slumberland as now could never be other than a lower league team ?

That is true mate, it's a point you can't argue about,Newcastle where a very good team back then and like you say Man Uniteds biggest threat for a couple of seasons.

Edited by MickC

If I was a Newcastle supporter I would be so disappointed in theshort sightedness o f Ashley , Rafa wanted to build Newcastle ,he could see the potential ,he wanted investment in the infrastructure of the club ,the training facilities ,the academy ,etc ,things that wouldn't realise a return for years ,he's not to bothered about getting tin pots on his cv ,he can see the big picture ,,with reasonable investment for the next three years ,no interference from board room ,the sky would be the limit for a club like Newcastle ,Ashley has cost them a manager of experience ,ability and integrity ,a massive club with a greedy narcissist for an owner ,those geordies deserve more .

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

How things can change in such a short time. Full of hope at the end of last season. Making progress on the pitch at last. Then news of a takeover. Looking even better!

No takeover, Raffa gone, Perez gone, Rondon not signed, the sale of the rest of the "family silver" far more likely than unlikely. The sale of Perez in particular pisses me off.

A speculative buy from Spanish 2nd division. An unconventional player. Not a centre forward, not a "number 10", not a winger. But was the nearest thing that we had to attacking talent under various managers that meant he became  established in the starting 11. Most of that period he was given a restrained  work a day job to do. Many times did not impress the boo boys (fools). Only in the 2nd half of last season when Rondon became fit and Almiron was signed was he given the freedom to show what he can do. And he showed it.

Added to that, in his 1st few seasons in the Premier League was kicked from pillar to post and, was a bit soft. He has hardened up over the years and wised up. He is now a savvy Premier League player. I reckon he will be 1 of the stand out players this season. But it's the Leicester fans who will reap the benefits not NUFC. But, we made a canny profit.

Some of my friends have reluctantly renewed their season tickets this week. Why? Because they take their sons or grandsons to St. James' who do not understand the situation. They did not have the heart to disappoint them and tell them that they won't be going to the football this season. That's why Ashley has us by the bollocks, because of what the club means to the people of he region.

Edited by eastcoast
changed a word
  • Like 4