Who else loves their fishing?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only new to the forum and wanted to see who on here is also mad for their fishing? It doesn't matter what type of fishing it is: Coarse, saltwater, shore, boat, lure or bait we are absolutely mad for

That is very true. Fishing really is one of those hobbies where it is as expensive as you want to make it. If you have some coarse gear that will do you for a fair bit of your sea fishing.

Sea fishing once you have the gear is free and a carp rod and reel will cover a hell of a lot of fishing from the shore ..

Posted Images

6 hours ago, longers01 said:

Me and our kid and a few lads did a boat trip of Whitby last year cost us 60 bucks each turned out not a bad day had cod up 2 10 pound and plenty of ling biggest 12 pound atb longers01 

Cool. Which boat was it? I’m from Whitby originally. The fishing up there isn’t at its best. Years of overfishing unfortunately.

4 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Near Exeter mate, I've had a few good days catching Pollack off the kayak in Falmouth, drifting near the light house, lovely part down there...would like to.mess around in those creeks a bit more for the bass and bream..

There’s some fantastic fishing to be had down around here. Such a fantastic variety if you want to put the time and effort in. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Liamboy said:

I subscribed to your channel think your video's are great, loads of useful stuff on there for novices or experienced fishermen even. ?

That’s brilliant thankyou very much. It’s just really me and my family sharing what we love doing. It’s a fine line explaining things in enough detail that novices can get it but you aren’t teaching the experienced guys to suck eggs. Sometimes you get it right, others you don’t. It’s all a learning experience. ???

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Liked your video on how to use a radio on the boat.we never had one of them.

i fish most of chesil,from seatown to abbotsbury.

Thankyou. It’s one of those basic fundamental things that do so many people get wrong and it absolutely could save someone’s life. 

I’ve only ever fished Chesil once. Full 12 hour session and totally blanked apart from hermit crabs, plastic rubbish and line snags.lol

12 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Liked your video on how to use a radio on the boat.we never had one of them.

i fish most of chesil,from seatown to abbotsbury.

I lived near chard for a while and used to fish the river Axe down in the tidal zone where the old railway/tram lines runs alongside on the other bank,there's boulders in the river and you can find peelers under them and i used to catch a few bass and plenty of good sized eels there.As it goes one eel i caught on a few left over rag worm i had was fat with peelers and i gutted it out and used what was in it's belly to catch another 3 eels :victory:..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, fireman said:

I lived near chard for a while and used to fish the river Axe down in the tidal zone where the old railway/tram lines runs alongside on the other bank,there's boulders in the river and you can find peelers under them and i used to catch a few bass and plenty of good sized eels there.As it goes one eel i caught on a few left over rag worm i had was fat with peelers and i gutted it out and used what was in it's belly to catch another 3 eels :victory:..

I know chard.what a shithole but all around is nice.

1 hour ago, sam r said:

Used to love carp fishing ,here and in France but like everything as soon as it gets popular prices go through the roof ,so I don’t bother anymore ?

Sea fishing once you have the gear is free and a carp rod and reel will cover a hell of a lot of fishing from the shore :thumbs:..

Edited by fireman
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, fireman said:

where about near chard did you live.?