Who else loves their fishing?

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

We all booked on a boatX loads of us an Night before it the weather said it was gonna be real bad an I was asked to go into work so cancelled, all the lads turned up an the skipper or captain or whatever never??? some them drove for hours to be there at first light? in end it got put back to a diff,  date an I said straight away no chance am I wasting a day an going, all lads turned up an again the guy was late. Boat was broke an after hours a waiting they went out an had a shit time ?? I get that all fishing can be hot an miss but that boat fishing sounds tho it can go wrong quick ??

And trying to roll a fat one in those tiny toilets with the boat rolling all over the place takes ages.

• Haha 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only new to the forum and wanted to see who on here is also mad for their fishing? It doesn't matter what type of fishing it is: Coarse, saltwater, shore, boat, lure or bait we are absolutely mad for

That is very true. Fishing really is one of those hobbies where it is as expensive as you want to make it. If you have some coarse gear that will do you for a fair bit of your sea fishing.

Sea fishing once you have the gear is free and a carp rod and reel will cover a hell of a lot of fishing from the shore ..

Posted Images

15 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Keep sayin I gonna get me an me lad out sea fishing never done it before but still not got round to it. Would have to be on a boat or kayak tho ?

Make ths trip to the south west and we'll organise it Don, get on the kayaks for a day....your lad would love it!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

We all booked on a boatX loads of us an Night before it the weather said it was gonna be real bad an I was asked to go into work so cancelled, all the lads turned up an the skipper or captain or whatever never??? some them drove for hours to be there at first light? in end it got put back to a diff,  date an I said straight away no chance am I wasting a day an going, all lads turned up an again the guy was late. Boat was broke an after hours a waiting they went out an had a shit time ?? I get that all fishing can be hot an miss but that boat fishing sounds tho it can go wrong quick ??

Hes a shit skipper mate end of....get on with a decent skipper/boat and they work their bollocks off for you all day long....I guess we're lucky down here as there are some great skippers with decades of experience....you still get the old "should have been here yesterday" lol....any skipper worth his salt would ring the night before if it's off...I've never turned up and the boat not been there, or not going out... that is really shit

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Keep sayin I gonna get me an me lad out sea fishing never done it before but still not got round to it. Would have to be on a boat or kayak tho ?

Was out last week out of Hartlepool for the day mate.  £40 for the day, took home 10 codling and a load of mackerel, got a bit lumpy towards the end and my mate was ill for the last few hours ...

• Haha 1
On 03/07/2019 at 21:37, ginger beard said:

Good thing about your videos is there plain understandable english and your a bloke to have a pint with,river monster bloke and that geordie are right bell ends.

i like fishing and go fairly regular but never catch anything apart from dogfish.

Haha. I’m glad you think so. I fully agree with you about Robson. Cannot stand to watch him. Possibly with the volume off. As for Jeremy Wade, the first couple were great, since then it’s all gotten too dramatic. I’m really glad you enjoy the videos and find them easy watching. Where about’s do you fish? There’s been many a time when I’m glad to see a dogfish on a slow night.lol.

On 03/07/2019 at 21:43, W. Katchum said:

Well if you want to ask any questions just give me a shout on here or The Fishlocker fb page. If I can help I will. ???

On 03/07/2019 at 21:44, South hams hunter said:

That's a shame, think we are really missing that down here. Mind being in plymouth we have some very good gilt lads that are hapoy to give advise

I’d be more than happy to share what I know - as I have with many things in the past. It’s just the lads down here get really emotional about marks. There was a lad who did some vids down here and had guys go round his house and threaten him and then smash windows and slash tyres. 

Absolutely ludicrous I know but not what I want around my house for sure. It’s only fishing afterall.

On 03/07/2019 at 21:52, terryd said:

Very good never tried prawns. Wonder if i could catch them on a shallow sandy beach with a push net ?

Haha. Funny you should mention that. Just trailed out my homemade push net today. Going to try it on the sand next.

6EA2413E-A4C8-47E8-B1D8-F12133ED9456.jpeg

0C942EC7-1A11-4F48-AA66-715A3D019D91.jpeg

On 03/07/2019 at 21:58, W. Katchum said:

That skipper wants throwing in the harbour!! What a cowboy!! Boat fishing can be amazing fun. You don’t even have to go very far. I take my 3 year old out with me all the time with no bother. 

But as you say things can go wrong quick. Here a recent session that was shaping up to be an insane day until things went down the pan in a blink of an eye ??

17 minutes ago, The Fishlocker said:

Where abouts in the south west are you like? I’m Falmouth based.

Where you from originally mate, you sound just like my mate who was ill last week, gota be up this way somewhere ?

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, The Fishlocker said:

Haha. I’m glad you think so. I fully agree with you about Robson. Cannot stand to watch him. Possibly with the volume off. As for Jeremy Wade, the first couple were great, since then it’s all gotten too dramatic. I’m really glad you enjoy the videos and find them easy watching. Where about’s do you fish? There’s been many a time when I’m glad to see a dogfish on a slow night.lol.

Liked your video on how to use a radio on the boat.we never had one of them.

i fish most of chesil,from seatown to abbotsbury.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, The Fishlocker said:

Where abouts in the south west are you like? I’m Falmouth based.

Near Exeter mate, I've had a few good days catching Pollack off the kayak in Falmouth, drifting near the light house, lovely part down there...would like to.mess around in those creeks a bit more for the bass and bream..

• Like 1