40 minutes ago, darbo said:

i like the look of him Stormy. Does he hunt up well and is he a good marker?

Yes mate he's got a cracking nose . He's 19 months old and should have had a full season behind him but was hit by a land rover at 8 months, set him back a long way. Started with the ferrets in November and picked it up really quick, marking and following the action, anticipating the bolt well. 

Had the left femural head removed and the right hip joint pinned. Amazing how he's recovered, loads of hydrotherapy has built muscle up and he's ready for the coming season.

• Like 3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy nothing more than been out with my young Collie/Greyhound 

I had a collie x whippet/grey and sensitive was the last thing you could say he was  he was the result of an old hard mangy border collie getting to my mates whippet grey at the auction mart and

The Mongeral wheaton grey collie grey 1985   

Posted Images

Thanks for the reply real shame about the injury i hope he continues to progress and do well for you.When this old bedlington goes i am edging my bets towards a whippet for ferreting and general mooching. Good luck for the coming season.

Cheers mate, he's never gonna be a Derby winner but doing really well considering. Great character and nature, good company for mooching. No fool in the intelligence stakes either which surprised me for a sighthound.

Roll on September.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, stormyboy said:

Cheers mate, he's never gonna be a Derby winner but doing really well considering. Great character and nature, good company for mooching. No fool in the intelligence stakes either which surprised me for a sighthound.

Roll on September.

Fair play 

On 06/07/2019 at 18:48, stormyboy said:

? could be something in that, little fecker thinks he owns the place. ?

20180519_115812.jpg

lol , i had  none ped whippet bitch , little 20lb 20in thing, fast at racing  and good on rabbits day/night, had couple hares with her in the day, they bloody drag her lol, had to get to her quick, she was very soft mouth. now down the track, there males 23in  34 lb  strong little dogs, and pile in to cats/ foxes no prob, you had to watch them all the while, a lad had 2 brothers and one day a cat was standing on top of his pigeon loft , the one brother ran up the loft which was 7 1/2 ft high apex  , pulled the cat down one dead cat, these whippets had drop staff in them  gens back, you could see it more in the males than the bitches , if was having whippet , it deff be a none ped racing male great little dogs  , alot were kept outside   had heat lamps and blankets  , when hunting they didnt feel the cold to bad, but got to be honest, when you had like my 1xs both got great coats, i can see why people would choose a lurcher over whippet, if like Aussie whip  yeh warm climate  great whippet all the way  if hunting rabbits, but over here with weather when its cold and pissing down  , lurcher for me . 

• Like 1