On 29/06/2019 at 12:26, terryd said:

Yea I can get all that got to have eye in my arse and constantly on alert just in case. Next dog I want some small scruffy and laid back. Don't need a 100% up and at them now a days. Times have changed and need a something that slips under the radar

Same here, too many roads and people around here for mine, it's not very relaxing. My old one bred the same way liked a long run, but nothing like this crazy fecker. Now she's around 4 and the collie in her is becoming more evident, in fact I watched her stalk another dog she likes to harass crouched to the ground like a sheepdog the other day. I'm not a terrier person, but can understand why bull lines are often crossed in to this type to make more of an all rounder.

1.png.cffa72f307b9446cdcb2e2e4ac705a74.png

• Like 3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy nothing more than been out with my young Collie/Greyhound 

I had a collie x whippet/grey and sensitive was the last thing you could say he was  he was the result of an old hard mangy border collie getting to my mates whippet grey at the auction mart and

The Mongeral wheaton grey collie grey 1985   

Posted Images

On 29/06/2019 at 15:09, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I had a collie x whippet/grey and sensitive was the last thing you could say he was 

he was the result of an old hard mangy border collie getting to my mates whippet grey at the auction mart and he was the only pup kept. 

He was f***ing nails the c**t , solid headed with that big shoulders stance only a prick of a collie has. 

Ran from no dog , no miles were too far to cover , water was nothing to him and he’d run through any cover. 

He lacked a real turn of pace though however I often thought if I’d mated him to a pure grey he’d have made better. 

no other dog  sums up the art of lurching  to me than a well put together collie x

A would a liked him atb bill

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, billhardy said:

A would a liked him atb bill

Thought you hated collie crosses bill, you been slating f**k out of them on most threads I see you commenting on for months?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Thought you hated collie crosses bill, you been slating f**k out of them on most threads I see you commenting on for months?

Thought they were all cowards ??no good for nothing unless they were Mali xs then there the best cross since sliced bread ???‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Thought you hated collie crosses bill, you been slating f**k out of them on most threads I see you commenting on for months?I don't) 

I don't dislike any xs but with most collie xs they have that predictable temp. His may have been a cur bred which on all likely would have had something else in the mix  they were common back then in the hills and fa what it's worth a good uns a good un whageva the xs and the traits he described happen ta be pluses I like in a jukel atb bill

14 minutes ago, poxon said:

Thought they were all cowards ??no good for nothing unless they were Mali xs then there the best cross since sliced bread ???‍♂️

A fighter may I add in most cases do. T. Mean a game type jukel on game or teeth lots a scrappers in jukels generally turn tail when the real action starts typical collie trait lol atb bill

On 28/06/2019 at 01:54, Aussie Whip said:

I find my whippets are sensitive to discipline but get over it quick(maybe lack of brains,thinking) I don't know.They are definitely not sensitive when hunting and can cop bad rips and try to keep going.Also are fearless when confronting dangerous animals even though they are not built to tackle them.Their gameness is what I admire in them,that and their gentle quietness in the house.They are smart enough for the hunting game and for me, I cant see what collie would bring except maybe thicker hide.

Can’t see what a collie would bring.......really?

7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

As I said,for me,yes really.

That’s fair  fair enough. I personally love whippets, preferring the smaller stockier ones,  although  when it comes to standing around in wet cold windy weather they can turn into shivering wrecks, also found then to lack stamina. Great dogs if you work in warmer weather and don’t expect too much. 

• Like 1