9 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Not sure really I'd like something along the lines of 1/4 wheaten 1/2 grey with maybe some deerhound in there or bull. But would only want something with a drop of bull in if any 

I’m sure I see on here not to long ago that most Wheatons carry bull blood any way. 1/4 of any base blood more than enough in most Lurchers fella I like the look of some of the genuine Wheaton xs but a lot of these Wheaton crosses I see looks just like a smooth bull crosses or like a rough bedlington Lurcher of some type that’s been sold to them as a Wheaton x  

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy nothing more than been out with my young Collie/Greyhound 

I had a collie x whippet/grey and sensitive was the last thing you could say he was  he was the result of an old hard mangy border collie getting to my mates whippet grey at the auction mart and

The Mongeral wheaton grey collie grey 1985   

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’m sure I see on here not to long ago that most Wheatons carry bull blood any way. 1/4 of any base blood more than enough in most Lurchers fella I like the look of some of the genuine Wheaton xs but a lot of these Wheaton crosses I see looks just like a smooth bull crosses or like a rough bedlington Lurcher of some type that’s been sold to them as a Wheaton x  

Yeah get what you mean there I like dc bitch on here but then I've got on so well with the one from you I may never stray from a beddy x again. Got a fair few years to think yet anyway wouldn't be looking for another one untill mines around 6ish unless one came up that dosnt pop up often that really took my eye. Sort of like what your getting in a few weeks looking forward to see how that goes for you 

1 minute ago, Saltmoon said:

Yeah get what you mean there I like dc bitch on here but then I've got on so well with the one from you I may never stray from a beddy x again. Got a fair few years to think yet anyway wouldn't be looking for another one untill mines around 6ish unless one came up that dosnt pop up often that really took my eye. Sort of like what your getting in a few weeks looking forward to see how that goes for you 

I like the look of dc bitch strong work man type ??If you can find a genuinef1 working wheaton greyhound being put back to a good greyhound jump on it mate something I’ve learned in life timings never right for nothing in life but your make it workout well ??I’ll find it hard to stray from bedlington Lurchers now my beds firmly made with them I’ve been around a few different xs on our old team over time to be honest it’s only the bedlington xs that’s left a impression on me plus one little bull x bitch she wasn’t bred out of any thing special but was a real good un an left a impression on me. I’ve picked the pup I wanted last weekend I chosen a bitch that looks collie marked traditional collie markings I mean they weren’t born heavy rough coated so can’t tell for definite if it will be broken coated or not but saying that my bitch I bred looked smooth till about 6weeks old then whispery bits started coming through I recon the pup will be broken coated this bitch took my eye the minute pictures were sent at about 2hrs old 

• Like 3

I've always had a drop of bull or beddy in my lurchers and got on fine with them,done everything and that bit more to please me,this young Wheaton x ticks all the boxes so far,what I have noticed with her mind is Her lack of aggression towards other dogs,even when they being a cnut to her.....she's still young so could change,but at the moment I'm enjoying not having to have eyes in my arse?because if she wanted too....she would make short work of another dog if she was to lose it ?

her nose is exceptional, she picks up scent and hunts like a hound,but don't really stray to far out of sight.this season she will see a bit more,if she plods along like she has been then I see no reason why she won't make a good honest dog?she keeps me in meat then I'm happy, don't need no super dog these days, I'm winding down with the dogs,what I got here will do me for the next few seasons,I've no plans to breed any more litters of runners or digging dogs.....times are a changing.....and not for the better....less hassle mooching with a lurcher these days for me?

• Like 2

Comparing two dogs out one litter be it terrier lurcher spaniel they are all different my fawn bitch is a evel c**t way other dogs pure and simple her belly brother is bomb proof ?I added wheaton blood simply for coat bull blood is great but skin like tracing paper I really wanted a real old fashioned mongrel looking lurcher that's what I got he done exactly what I wanted his mother killed 5 hares in front of the big 27 inch Wheatonx there was 5 4 brothers there that day to witness it each one carried a hare home fr the pot  she was lighting fast fr a collie x a bitch called Beth a first x could beat every whippetxgrey on the lure even coursing she was a one off she produced only 1 real good dog blue to a deerhoundxgrey we hunted both them as a pair fr 10 years my old dog and his mother including the terrier made it to above 15 /16 years old I put him back to a 3 quarter collie grey she dident hold the Wheaton and collie x is a great mix I've only seen 1 my own the other fuji fenn same stamp as my my old dog big heavy coat plenty game whith a touch of brain Mine was 1/4 1/4 half grey on paper . 

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Like 1
On 23/06/2019 at 11:55, fred90 said:

neighbour of mine had a labradorxgreyhound 30 years ago it killed everything and I mean everything not seen one before or since. 

I was out with a lad that runs a lab x lurcher last yr ,big lump of a juckel looks bit like some of the bullx you see ,

I see him retrieve fox and drop them at ya feet ,good on the lamp and loves water .

22 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've always had a drop of bull or beddy in my lurchers and got on fine with them,done everything and that bit more to please me,this young Wheaton x ticks all the boxes so far,what I have noticed with her mind is Her lack of aggression towards other dogs,even when they being a cnut to her.....she's still young so could change,but at the moment I'm enjoying not having to have eyes in my arse?because if she wanted too....she would make short work of another dog if she was to lose it ?

her nose is exceptional, she picks up scent and hunts like a hound,but don't really stray to far out of sight.this season she will see a bit more,if she plods along like she has been then I see no reason why she won't make a good honest dog?she keeps me in meat then I'm happy, don't need no super dog these days, I'm winding down with the dogs,what I got here will do me for the next few seasons,I've no plans to breed any more litters of runners or digging dogs.....times are a changing.....and not for the better....less hassle mooching with a lurcher these days for me?

Yea I can get all that got to have eye in my arse and constantly on alert just in case. Next dog I want some small scruffy and laid back. Don't need a 100% up and at them now a days. Times have changed and need a something that slips under the radar 

IMG_5296.jpg.d243ece33282dd193b8810344a8a266e.jpg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, terryd said:

Yea I can get all that got to have eye in my arse and constantly on alert just in case. Next dog I want some small scruffy and laid back. Don't need a 100% up and at them now a days. Times have changed and need a something that slips under the radar 

IMG_5296.jpg.d243ece33282dd193b8810344a8a266e.jpg

I get where your coming from T ?them hairy runners don't seem to bring as much unwanted attention ?

• Like 1

I had a collie x whippet/grey and sensitive was the last thing you could say he was 

he was the result of an old hard mangy border collie getting to my mates whippet grey at the auction mart and he was the only pup kept. 

He was f***ing nails the c**t , solid headed with that big shoulders stance only a prick of a collie has. 

Ran from no dog , no miles were too far to cover , water was nothing to him and he’d run through any cover. 

He lacked a real turn of pace though however I often thought if I’d mated him to a pure grey he’d have made better. 

no other dog  sums up the art of lurching  to me than a well put together collie x

• Like 10

That lucy in that pic was a evel c**t bite you no problem I was wary of her the 3 them all.out different dogs we were going out hunting one day mate never lampted only daytime Lucy was due pups to a 3 quarter colliex we were going to leave her she was screaming the kennel down we fetched her she was due in a few day.massvie she was running loose  just out the we seen a fox she clocked it was a good few hundred yards away she was off fck sake she got to it and destroyed it she was alote harder than my bitch we got to her the foxes puddings were out she weplted a full litter a week later she wouldent let anyone near her welps she was a liability really she was fcken wild I had a pup how many can you keep she was killed later chasing a fox on the road her father was a dog called Shane a big greyhound who was worked mother a pure collie the lad owned great days sadly we lost all the bloodlines but I have some great memories they are all i need .

• Like 3

The pup I've got at the moment is ok with other people and dogs my mates lurcher couldn't get on with her so he swapped with the pup I was getting off a mate both are border greyhounds and they both seem really outgoing and forward the one I've got is from Hancock's out of a dog called rasputin she's 17 weeks broke to stock and ferrets she's alot more outgoing than any other collie crosses I've had but time will tell at the moment she is a pleasure to be with 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, fatlad said:

The pup I've got at the moment is ok with other people and dogs my mates lurcher couldn't get on with her so he swapped with the pup I was getting off a mate both are border greyhounds and they both seem really outgoing and forward the one I've got is from Hancock's out of a dog called rasputin she's 17 weeks broke to stock and ferrets she's alot more outgoing than any other collie crosses I've had but time will tell at the moment she is a pleasure to be with 

Any pics of your pup mate?