Haymins pups..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These dogs are turning 4 now...I know a few lads on here had pups off Jim... How are they doing? Mines done the things I'd hoped she would, and has the temperament of her mother which is a r

Here’s mine. Never got him as a pup like you lads but I’ve put lots of time into him. Out grafting him 4,5,6 even 7 nights a week at one stage. Think he’s learnt me more than I’ve learnt him as only g

Soft as shit at home. Loves the kids and always wants a fuss. 

Posted Images

Here's Max, turned out about 29tts. Slimmer build compared to some of the other dogs from the litter.

Being honest, he's not doing what he was got for. Been given plenty of chances. Gets in close really quickly then just tucks in behind them an follows them to the hedge/wood. I think the fast rabbits are more 'his thing'

Apart from that, he's a lovely dog lol. Great with the ferrets, kids and other dogs. He's got a brilliant temperament, just not as much 'fire' in his belly as i was used to!

He was pretty slow to mature though so who knows, maybe this season is his chance to shine!

20190411_191441.jpg

PB_1515778624784.png

post-31547-0-49689000-1479762584_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I've never bred a litter either Joe, always bought in...

I like this dog a lot, as you know, and you know the dog I would put over her too..(If it ever happened), but those are the question I ask myself...as you say from John's bitch to Walshies dog there was some difference in size, although most the temperament seems sound (like the mother??)...

I suppose my thoughts are based on watching Fergie over the last 4 years, plus watching the potential stud since a pup....but you're right is it right to breed off that alone?

I've never seen Whins dog, Rex go (Fergies sire), but heard good things...and not just from Whin lol....

I suppose if it ever happens, at least they have both seen some work...

Like you ive never bred a lurcher myself as had others i could allways get a pup off and ive mainly kept dogs but im starting to wish i had. You only relise quite how good they were when there gone and your trying to replace them with stuff that hasnt had half the stick or time put in. if ya fancy it do it would be my advice.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 3
45 minutes ago, johnny boy68 said:

Jose......she threw to the whippet compared to some.

20190623_141200.jpg

received_596310740833011.jpeg

Always looked like a speed machine John.... need to get her down here this season for a few runs, we've talked about it enough!! Lol

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, bullmastiff said:

Here's Max, turned out about 29tts. Slimmer build compared to some of the other dogs from the litter.

Being honest, he's not doing what he was got for. Been given plenty of chances. Gets in close really quickly then just tucks in behind them an follows them to the hedge/wood. I think the fast rabbits are more 'his thing'

Apart from that, he's a lovely dog lol. Great with the ferrets, kids and other dogs. He's got a brilliant temperament, just not as much 'fire' in his belly as i was used to!

He was pretty slow to mature though so who knows, maybe this season is his chance to shine!

20190411_191441.jpg

PB_1515778624784.png

post-31547-0-49689000-1479762584_thumb.jpg

Nice one Luke, hope you're well mate.... only a short trip but he was good around the holes the morning we had a mooch with the ferrets, caught a bolter well too....

I know you were getting a tad frustrated, the offers still there for this season to.have a run with Fergie.... I reckon he'll come good.. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, C.green said:

Like you ive never bred a lurcher myself as had others i could allways get a pup off and ive mainly kept dogs but im starting to wish i had. You only relise quite how good they were when there gone and your trying to replace them with stuff that hasnt had half the stick or time put in. if ya fancy it do it would be my advice.

I think I may over think it all mate...

I'm sure there would be enough decent lads wanting a pup, not bothered about money if I was breeding for myself anyway... She's a from a litter of 13, that's a bit daunting!! Lol

• Like 2

i would of liked to of had 1 from this litter, but timing wasn't right at the time.....every pup I've seen from this litter has an exceptional temperament  around people and kids,same as the dam Mist.,all made a good size with speed for anything.....and it seems everyone's happy and working with what they got?fair play to Haymin in finding them all good homes,because it wasn't a small litter that's for sure ?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Always looked like a speed machine John.... need to get her down here this season for a few runs, we've talked about it enough!! Lol

Cheers Kev. Definitely next season.

Typical Liverpool fan ?

3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Nice one Luke, hope you're well mate.... only a short trip but he was good around the holes the morning we had a mooch with the ferrets, caught a bolter well too....

I know you were getting a tad frustrated, the offers still there for this season to.have a run with Fergie.... I reckon he'll come good.. 

Yep, we're all good now. Life's finally settled down and let us catch our breath!

I live 'hope eternal' that he suddenly comes good!  At least we've got a friend with a promising bitch that comes over to put some food in the freezer! lol. His bitch running with Max seems to work.

More than willing to head down. Just give me a shout when your free. ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

The sire to haymins bitch is the same sire to my bitch and loads of dogs up here in scotland and it passes on a great temprement to his offspring  whins dog rex was the sire to theses dogs was it not 

Yes that's right mate, Rex was the sire... I didn't realise you had a bitch out of the same sire as Jims Mist.... do you know the breeding of that dog?

The temperament thing is right, she is steady as they come around pretty much anything and anyone...

2 hours ago, bullmastiff said:

Yep, we're all good now. Life's finally settled down and let us catch our breath!

I live 'hope eternal' that he suddenly comes good!  At least we've got a friend with a promising bitch that comes over to put some food in the freezer! lol. His bitch running with Max seems to work.

More than willing to head down. Just give me a shout when your free. ?

Glad to hear all's good mate...you down for the comp?

Yes I've heard the bitch is showing promise, good on her...I always liked her to be fair...shame about the owner lol....

We'll sort a day and night come the season, picked up some new decent ferreting land for a day out then have a shine later....just ran out of time after seeing you this year!!

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Yes that's right mate, Rex was the sire... I didn't realise you had a bitch out of the same sire as Jims Mist.... do you know the breeding of that dog?

The temperament thing is right, she is steady as they come around pretty much anything and anyone...

Isn’t it a bobcock ... 3/4 whippet 1/4 grey 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Paddy the dogs name was  the sire of he so-called bobcocks lol.probuced fast dogs bred by geof flecher one of the fastest grews in scotland Screenshot_20190624-045006_Photos.jpg.8f770811f0a1559a0987a4f522f41b1e.jpg

• Like 2