Haymins pups..

These dogs are turning 4 now...I know a few lads on here had pups off Jim...

How are they doing?

Mines done the things I'd hoped she would, and has the temperament of her mother which is a real plus... she's a nice dog to be around and puts a bit of meat on the table...that'll do for me20190106_142545.jpg.c444c9691bc4285b279278e60211dde6.jpg20190203_195024.jpg.88054559af4909e03af7c6e918a21fe1.jpg

20190622_135217.jpg.f8eb9152c7db0625d67eef6d80ac5fd9.jpg

• Like 12

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These dogs are turning 4 now...I know a few lads on here had pups off Jim... How are they doing? Mines done the things I'd hoped she would, and has the temperament of her mother which is a r

Here’s mine. Never got him as a pup like you lads but I’ve put lots of time into him. Out grafting him 4,5,6 even 7 nights a week at one stage. Think he’s learnt me more than I’ve learnt him as only g

Soft as shit at home. Loves the kids and always wants a fuss. 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Ye know there’s very few litters I see bred in here that I think back in an think fcuk, I shoulda had one them. But this is the biggest one the few I do have. Never bothered about the breedin or nowt but when j saw the way jim was raising them I wrestled with meself a few times an decided against it in end, gutted I did but that’s life

no surprise most the owners of not all are happy as they had the best a starts?

To be honest mate, Jims bitch, Mist, had one of the nicest temperaments in a dog I've seen...she was the kind of dog you liked being around...plus Jim is a top bloke... I had little choice, he bombarded me with photos from week 1..and picked the bitch I have now for me at 3 weeks old...sent a pic of her saying "this is the one for you Kev"... I hadn't even said I was having one at the time lol...

I picked another one before I went up, but he had kept his pick back as well....he was right, she wouldn't leave the kids alone from the off...we had no choice lol...

I speak to a few lads with pups out of the litter, Johnnyboy had a real racy bitch, I'll see him at the comp for a catch up and see how she's going, she looked like she could shift, been trying to get her down here on some gear at some point...

The dogs were huge, and from what I was told could handle a bit of hard work...

Mines turned out around 25" and 70lb or so...shes a fairly powerful dog and is very long, she can shift...

I've toyed with the idea of putting my mates dog over her in the next year or so, he is 9 or 10 now so time is running out, I've watched him from a pup and he is..... well he's a proper animal...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, white van man said:

I take this one out every now and then.......she’s not too bad!! 4 already. Time has flown 

C33A528F-1EB4-4080-BC14-9FEC8C274684.png

Mental ain't it mate....and now we have a new one in the gang!! Lol

Here’s mine. Never got him as a pup like you lads but I’ve put lots of time into him. Out grafting him 4,5,6 even 7 nights a week at one stage. Think he’s learnt me more than I’ve learnt him as only got into the dogs a few years back but what a great first dog he’s been for me. Great temp and drive. Brilliant in the kennel, haven’t heard a moan out of him in the 2 1/2 years I’ve had him apart from when we’re on our way out and I’m getting the lead hel have a little howl. 

A3E0259F-9906-47EA-8773-D0404C8B309D.jpeg

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, Igz said:

Here’s mine. Never got him as a pup like you lads but I’ve put lots of time into him. Out grafting him 4,5,6 even 7 nights a week at one stage. Think he’s learnt me more than I’ve learnt him as only got into the dogs a few years back but what a great first dog he’s been for me. Great temp and drive. Brilliant in the kennel, haven’t heard a moan out of him in the 2 1/2 years I’ve had him apart from when we’re on our way out and I’m getting the lead hel have a little howl. 

Like the dogs I've seen.out of the litter, he looks a fair lump... looks on good nick mate..

Glad to hear he's done well for you as well, you've got the bug now!! Lol

If you don't mind me asking how did you come to get hold of him?

Edited by NEWKID
4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I've seen 5 of them and tbh they're all a bit big for my sort of work but all well put together with good temperaments.

Cheers, D.

You could put a saddle on some of the dogs lol...

Your right though mate, I've had her ferreting and lamping rabbits from early doors, and she's caught a fair amount of bunnies....but I know as well.as you she ain't a rabbiting dog...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Like the dogs I've seen.out of the litter, he looks a fair lump... looks on good nick mate..

Glad to hear he's done well for you as well, you've got the bug now!! Lol

If you don't mind me asking how did you come to get hold of him?

Yes mate he is a lump. He’s 29 and long. He can also shift mate, makes the ground up well. Oh yes deffinatley got the bug for it. It’s been great as we’ve done a lot on our own mostly just me and him out till all hours. I do go out with mates maybe once or twice a week but during the season once the mrs and kids are off to bed at 9 that’s our q to get out. I ended up with him off a lad off here. To be honest I put it out on here what I was looking for and I know it wasn’t an easy decision for him and at one time I thought he d changed his mind so I know he never went on a whim but his circumstances changed. Still speak with him regular and keep him updated. To be fair he wasn’t bothered about money and was willing to gift but as it was Xmas time and he had kids I left a good will gesture to show my appreciation and it’s paid off. Best 100 pound I’ve ever spent. Last season he really stepped up like I was hoping but also towards end of season we ended up stuck in a bit with him been layed up here and there so decided to get a pup as I hated not been out ?. Not yet been layed up from an injury though he can’t half take a nock. Sometimes I wince but he shrugs it off and not a peep. Just gets a bit sore now and again. He not perfect, he has faults but I put that down to me not having him from a pup so never got chance. Was eager at the time and wanted something to work then that’s why I went for a young dog instead of a pup. But from now they will always be from pup. If I knew I could have another one of him I wouldn’t think twice. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Igz said:

Yes mate he is a lump. He’s 29 and long. He can also shift mate, makes the ground up well. Oh yes deffinatley got the bug for it. It’s been great as we’ve done a lot on our own mostly just me and him out till all hours. I do go out with mates maybe once or twice a week but during the season once the mrs and kids are off to bed at 9 that’s our q to get out. I ended up with him off a lad off here. To be honest I put it out on here what I was looking for and I know it wasn’t an easy decision for him and at one time I thought he d changed his mind so I know he never went on a whim but his circumstances changed. Still speak with him regular and keep him updated. To be fair he wasn’t bothered about money and was willing to gift but as it was Xmas time and he had kids I left a good will gesture to show my appreciation and it’s paid off. Best 100 pound I’ve ever spent. Last season he really stepped up like I was hoping but also towards end of season we ended up stuck in a bit with him been layed up here and there so decided to get a pup as I hated not been out ?. Not yet been layed up from an injury though he can’t half take a nock. Sometimes I wince but he shrugs it off and not a peep. Just gets a bit sore now and again. He not perfect, he has faults but I put that down to me not having him from a pup so never got chance. Was eager at the time and wanted something to work then that’s why I went for a young dog instead of a pup. But from now they will always be from pup. If I knew I could have another one of him I wouldn’t think twice. 

Glad he's found a good working home with you mate...

Mine is my shadow, and a few of the lads have said the same, really loyal types...

Sounds like he's giving you loads of good times mate, which is all you can ask for really...

That’s it mate. He keeps me more than happy. Hopefully it stays that way. He gives his all that’s all we can ask for.  Be nice to see a few of the others from the litter as I know there was quite a few, about 13 if I’m correct 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Do you breed on the basis of a litter or the individual dog? Is the litter too varied in size and shape to give you what you want. Does adding another stud add more variety or will it level it all out? Could you breed within the litter? I like kevs bitch plenty of drive and pace and only asking out of interest never bred dogs in my life.

I've never bred a litter either Joe, always bought in...

I like this dog a lot, as you know, and you know the dog I would put over her too..(If it ever happened), but those are the question I ask myself...as you say from John's bitch to Walshies dog there was some difference in size, although most the temperament seems sound (like the mother??)...

I suppose my thoughts are based on watching Fergie over the last 4 years, plus watching the potential stud since a pup....but you're right is it right to breed off that alone?

I've never seen Whins dog, Rex go (Fergies sire), but heard good things...and not just from Whin lol....

I suppose if it ever happens, at least they have both seen some work...

16 hours ago, Igz said:

I've been  out with this dog a fair few times saw him put some gear away he is a big old dog bit big for me but that's just me personally the dog can move and can turn brilliant temperament and for igz dog he's done well 

• Like 3