good mates that are there for you no matter what

No what you mean mate been in a couple of dodge situations in the past with a few of us when bottle comes in to it and  when it come to the crunch you no who was your true pals when u looked around and they was only u and 2 of your mates left haha 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

im not on about the so called bull sh,tters that say that will be there for you but when you need them there not to be found,a good mate of ours had a bad turn 3 weeks ago hes got no family just good

Ive had stick for it in the past but ive always said my friends are more important to me than my family,i chose my friends i didnt choose my family.....i have a lot of acquaintances and general pal ty

If you have 1 or 2 truly good mates then your a very lucky person. Fair play to ye for looking after yours in his hour of need. 

Posted Images

having worked on the doors for many years in the past ,in some rough night clubs I found out who had my back and who I could trust,but they wernt really my best mates they were work mates ,not people I really bothered with much outside of work id see them in the gym and at work ,my best mate ive known since school and we have always been there for eache other through divorces and at one point a prison spell in the early days when a fight turned nasty

i have read this post and thought long and hard on the subject,ive one mate ,and he is a mate ,that has given me financial help when i was completely fooked ,a substantial ammount of money ,and ove a 2 year period i paid it back ,no stress from him at all,BUT  if it came to anything else ,the same mate wouldnt be one to stand beside ye and take a blow ,so in that respect ,yeah hes there if ye need help OTHER THAN  fisticuffs ,and since ive gone over my 50's now thats not an issue ,soooo..i have to say ive got 1 mate that will come and do whatever i ask of him once he knows its the only way ,other than him ...I stand alone lol but i got two good sons that are guaranteed to do what it takes if the family unit is threatened ,.......does that count?...i kinda stay to myself these days ,preferring my own company a lot ....in other words im an odd bolix 

• Like 1

there can be times when your own company is good ,but like I say when my mate took ill he has no family around him so he had to depend on his mates,since he split up with his wife he has had nothing but bad luck ,im not going to say its all her fault but she done some dirty tricks leading up to the divorce including taking a lot of money out of accounts before he realised what she was up to,im glad hes shot of her because women like that will do it again,i just hope he has the strength to live a normal life and put it all behind him 

Personally i dont think a mate standing by your side in a tear up proves anything whatsoever about friendship....some people just enjoy scrapping its no hardship !

Ive lost money,time and blood for friends and blood was by far the easiest ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Personally i dont think a mate standing by your side in a tear up proves anything whatsoever about friendship....some people just enjoy scrapping its no hardship !

Ive lost money,time and blood for friends and blood was by far the easiest ?

Was going to say something similar earlier. ?

• Like 1

just took my mates supper around as we take turns going around making sure hes ok ,and hes looking much better then when I first saw him in hospital,still cant get his words out which is frustrating for him , its sad to see a lad that was so fit and big go down hill so quick, ,but he will get there

• Like 4
4 hours ago, j j m said:

there can be times when your own company is good ,but like I say when my mate took ill he has no family around him so he had to depend on his mates,since he split up with his wife he has had nothing but bad luck ,im not going to say its all her fault but she done some dirty tricks leading up to the divorce including taking a lot of money out of accounts before he realised what she was up to,im glad hes shot of her because women like that will do it again,i just hope he has the strength to live a normal life and put it all behind him 

One of my 3 close pals had a bad motorbike accident, the cozzers phoned me from the scene and told me to go to Whitechapel where they were air lifting him a bit lively because they thought he was going to die.

Anyway, he survived and after a long, long time in hospital he was allowed home.

They didn’t know if he would walk again and he was staying at his mum and dads, getting very melancholy and generally being a f***ing baby about it.......it came to some harsh words telling him to get a grip and be a man to snap him out of it, and it did.

I don’t think anybody except people who a very close to a person can do or say those things.

• Like 2