good mates that are there for you no matter what

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

im not on about the so called bull sh,tters that say that will be there for you but when you need them there not to be found,a good mate of ours had a bad turn 3 weeks ago hes got no family just good

Ive had stick for it in the past but ive always said my friends are more important to me than my family,i chose my friends i didnt choose my family.....i have a lot of acquaintances and general pal ty

If you have 1 or 2 truly good mates then your a very lucky person. Fair play to ye for looking after yours in his hour of need. 

Posted Images

you have associates and you have true friends, some of them lifelong mates, who will be there for you through thick and thin, ican count my true ,friends on one hand, this time last year I was going through a rough time with a bout of  cancer, those true friends and their families were there for me and my family,then and now,the help and support of these lads was priceless,something I will be eternally grateful to them for.

• Like 6

your right len im happy to say ive a few close friends that I can say I know will be there for me ,and me for them,i had a experience a few years back when I was there for some one when he needed help , but when I needed help he done feck all for me I never talked to that person again you live and learn in life

• Like 2

Ive had stick for it in the past but ive always said my friends are more important to me than my family,i chose my friends i didnt choose my family.....i have a lot of acquaintances and general pal types of people but i only have a handful of true friends who id do anything for,i love them dearly and am totally committed to them having studied their characters over many years and been through a lot together.....must admit i never thought id ever say it but my ol woman has become one of my best friends i always thought the " shes my mate as well as my wife " thing was a corny pile of nonsense but shes as solid as they come and through some sticky situations never left my side,very special person and the first female friend ive ever had.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

A man may be not rich in money. But a poor man can be rich in friends. It's the true friends you can not buy. Big respect to you.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

when I'm out and about  with my kids they say... you've got loads of mates dad as I say hello to a fair few people!

I tell them there not my mates there just people I know.. true friends are like rocking horse shit,

I count myself lucky as I have two mates who I've known since nursery school and still have a pint with 40 years on.. 

good on you Jeff :thumbs:

• Like 1

There's no doubt my brother is my best mate. We've been through a lot together, and barely spend a day without speaking or seeing each other...he says I was his dad when we were kids, I'm.only 2 years older...been in business together for over 20 years...most people can't understand how close we are, say they couldn't work with their brother etc...I probably couldn't work without him...

I've a couple of mates who I've know most of my life, I know if the shit hits the fan they'll be there, as would I (and we have over the years)...

Like everyone says, loads of acquaintances and many mates, but true loyal friends are on one hand...

• Like 5
2 hours ago, j j m said:

im not on about the so called bull sh,tters that say that will be there for you but when you need them there not to be found,a good mate of ours had a bad turn 3 weeks ago hes got no family just good mates ,he had been bad for a few weeks then got rushed in to hospital 2 in the morning I got the call me and the big felleh big shaun t went straight to the hospital he had had a stroke and was not in a good way ,basically after his divorce he had not been looking after him self and drinking a lot,well we got him home all our wives done the house up while he was in hospital we filled his freezer and have been checking on him all the time ,tonight he said jeff if it was not for my good mates I would of ended my life it hit me hard to hear him say such a thing I never knew his divorce had hit him so hard as he does not say a lot,this is the lad that lost his fac because he was on anti depression tablets ,which is fair enough,its nice to think that we were all there for him when he needed uss,but some people are not lucky enough to have good mates ,I say look after your mates and they will look after you ,apart from the odd gob s,ite

Really good stuff mate, plus your wives taking care as well..... could do with a lot more looking out for others in today's world....

• Like 2