Southern Ireland

Just now, milliken said:

bring out of the north you don't need anything maybe just get it chipped just in case but out the south you need passport

Cheers mate I thought as much 👍 any ideas to how much a passport Is in the south? 😁

Just now, milliken said:

not sure mate I know they have to have all jags they chipped so the probably round £60-£80 before you get passport If your stuck ill fly down pick it up and send it out the north for you

I’m sure summat can be sorted pal, thanks for offer tho it’s appreciated👍 

52 minutes ago, slip lead said:

Get a night crossing, with a cabin, I've done it more than once, they only look in boot if you get stopped.. 

Or it screams it's bollocks off 😂

Passport is roughly a ton across Europe, including jabs. Some charge more, not many less ;)

• Like 1

The situation is that NI is part of UK, an EU state. No restrictions taking a dog across the water from the mainland. ROI is a separate EU state. Dog needs passport.

Hypothetically speaking it is entirely feasible that a man could drive up to Larne, take the ferry to Cairnryan, drive across the border and then back again, without being challenged by officialdom. The only way you know that you have crossed the border in Ireland is that the speed signs change from MPH to KPH.

However, this would be breaking the law and as such it is something that I could never condone.

Edited by eastcoast
spelling mistake
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

The situation is that NI is part of UK, an EU state. No restrictions taking a dog across the water from the mainland. ROI is a separate EU state. Dog needs passport.

Hypothetically speaking it is entirely feasible that a man good drive up to Larne, take the ferry to Cairnryan, drive across the border and then back again, without being challenged by officialdom. The only way you know that you have crossed the border in Ireland is that the speed signs change from MPH to KPH.

However, this would be breaking the law and as such it is something that I could never condone.

👍

On 22/06/2019 at 19:09, W. Katchum said:

Mate of mine is after a pup from the south an wants to go get it, does it need passports or brought out via the north? I’m hopefully gonna be doing same thing soon so all answers appreciated 👍

Stop asking stupid questions when you already know the answer. And you don’t have any mates so stop telling porkies as well

4 minutes ago, Steak knife said:

Stop asking stupid questions when you already know the answer. And you don’t have any mates so stop telling porkies as well

Shows how wrong you are eh butter knife, Cos the terrier pup come over the other day an I’ll be going over soon if litter comes off 👍