Here's one to think about, as you all know there has been a lot of bees this season, i have had at least 70 calls for different species, some we have done and some we have talked the customer into leaving them alone, now just say that you have convinced the customer that they will not do them any harm and then they get stung and end up having a severe reaction are we then as so called professionals then liable, this is what one of my big contracts asked me.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Customers are all allergic

"my child's allergic to all bees and wasp stings" 

Me: That's highly unlikely, the stings are different and it's rare to be allergic to both. 

"she's highly allergic and the doctor says she might die" 

Me: You don't even have a nest they are just feeding on that bush. 

"my child can't play in the garden" 

Me: Because bees are feeding happily on a bush? 

"LOOK CAN YOU DO SOMETHING OR NOT??????" 

Me: F*ck off

"what" 

Me: sorry what? 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I lost a customer that was a regular on the moles. The "lady" of the household wanted some mining bees killed as her grandchildren were coming to stay, the bees were in a little patch of lawn (not on the main lawn) under a window. I told her I wouldn't do it, never called me again.

• Like 1

I don't know how true it is ...but I read or herd that some folk get an allergic reaction to some bee stings because tiny bits of pollen go in with the sting and the reaction is due to the pollen ...like I say not sure if its true but it does sound true...

On 06/07/2019 at 09:35, Torquemada said:

I lost a customer that was a regular on the moles. The "lady" of the household wanted some mining bees killed as her grandchildren were coming to stay, the bees were in a little patch of lawn (not on the main lawn) under a window. I told her I wouldn't do it, never called me again.

Mate fair play to you.

• Like 1
On 06/07/2019 at 11:33, TOMO said:

I don't know how true it is ...but I read or herd that some folk get an allergic reaction to some bee stings because tiny bits of pollen go in with the sting and the reaction is due to the pollen ...like I say not sure if its true but it does sound true...

It is probably true. A friend was stung by a wasp and came out in a painfull and worrying rash. He rushed to casualty where a doctor told him it was bad reaction to a plant. My mate said somethong like " Look,I'm a pest controller,I know what I'm talking about."     

To which the doctor replied "Look, I'm a doctor I know what I'm talking about."

Then he went on to explain that the wasp had probably been feeding on ivy or a similar irritant plant and my mate had reacted to that not the wasp's venom. 

Bearing in mind a wasp has ,I think,eleven main toxins and cart loads of minor ones in its armoury and it forages on dead bodies, various insects and catterpillars with histamine-coated bodies and flies that have been feeding on corpses and poo,as well as irritant plants ... Well ,it's a wonder we all don't end up with reactions and allergies,but it could explain why some stings do have more effect than others. 

• Like 2