Sorry but...

Shooting wood pigeons for sowing and crop protection only.

Shooting the corvids for chick, lamb, nest etc protection only. ( only if they are attacking firstly)

Carry on as normal with grey squirrel, rats and rabbits should be about right I would think ?

If I`m wrong, I`m sure you lads will say so.

atb.  Mark.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mark williams said:

Shooting wood pigeons for sowing and crop protection only.

Shooting the corvids for chick, lamb, nest etc protection only. ( only if they are attacking firstly)

Carry on as normal with squirrel, rats and rabbits should be about right I would think ?

If I`m wrong, I`m sure you lads will say so.

atb.  Mark.

Spot on mate from what I’m finally seeing. Would you shoot a magpie then in a tree if it presented itself? Knowing the f****r will be on anything young and protected... maybe not that day, but you might not get that chance another. 

39 minutes ago, Rez said:

For sure. I think so too. I’m just thinking perhaps that those two images there could just be one of us. To the anti... there would be hardly any difference between seeing an image of us on here, or them in that editorial.

I know what you're saying mate :thumbs:

....... But, as far as I'm concerned, the Antis can go f**k themselves :yes:

this picture caused a blazing row between me and my brother's missus. She said I was a shit dad for teaching my kid to kill defenceless animals, I said she was a shit mum for feeding her kids microwave meals and snorting coke on a Saturday night.

That was my daughter's first rabbit - she was 9yrs old and worked patiently for 3hrs before she got it. She took a good clean shot all by herself.

She was so proud of herself that night :good:

She carried that Rabbit half a mile back to the car , talking about what we'd make from it.

The next day, she was interested to see and learn about the heart, liver, kidneys and lungs.

If I remember correctly, we had a very nice stew from it.

I know it's not a post about pigeons but, I think part of the problem is that people aren't passing this stuff onto kids and telling them that it's ok.

....... They're going through a school system full of lefty vegetarian tranny wankers that are encouraging them to be offended at every opportunity.

Well, not in this house ;)

........ We'll keep doing what we do and, the Antis can just go and cry into their lentils :feck:

IMG_20150828_232620.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

As above...

My kids have been around my shooting and ferreting for the last 3 years...

They love it when i come home with rabbits and squizzys and love coming out ferreting too.

My oldest 2 know how to hole up and set a net and how to hold and dispatch a rabbit.

School (primary) phoned me last week about them eating rabbit. I told the school yes we eat rabbit and squizzy legs. And we catch them ourselves.

They didnt believe me i dont think. Mainly because they are all... how you put it...

Lefty vegatarian tranny wankers...

I think its because people dont realise where their food comes from.

Notice how butchers shops are starting to close down? We have lost at least 5 very good butchers around our town.

I think they now see me as a hill-billy sitting on my porch on my rocking chair.

20190524_220304.jpg.7fd7d9ec9ef3e16909ee336293aa3a7f.jpg

My oldest with his first ferreted on his own rabbit

FF

Edited by Furrosious ferreter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
13 hours ago, Rez said:

Thought I’d ask um... see what they say. Might all be above board.

66E8953F-71E2-4A80-9333-A1FE9CEA29B5.png

I think we should contact all shooting magazines just to let them know we all need to take the rules onboard. good idea Rez i will do the same.

iwm

• Like 1
6 hours ago, timmytree said:

If I saw a number of magpies searching a hedgerow at nesting time I would shoot, just to reduce numbers. But one magpie sat in a tree in autumn or winter? What harm is it doing?

Eyeballin meh ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 23/06/2019 at 11:35, timmytree said:

That's about it Mark, no collared doves though or any of the gull species. They are now OFF the GL.

No bird species to be shot without good reason, certainly not just because they're picking away in a grass field or happened to be in a tree within range.

Farmers don't grow grass fields for no apparent reason its still a crop so what makes it different to wheat and barley? Only saying as I don't know the answer. And then another thing hand on heart once you've tried all the so called non-lethal methods why not just carry on scaring them off rather than shooting them. I for one will not be posting trips out unless its just rabbits, but I will never be short of pigeon pie. Remember the 3 S's.

On 22/06/2019 at 23:33, Furrosious ferreter said:

As above...

My kids have been around my shooting and ferreting for the last 3 years...

They love it when i come home with rabbits and squizzys and love coming out ferreting too.

My oldest 2 know how to hole up and set a net and how to hold and dispatch a rabbit.

School (primary) phoned me last week about them eating rabbit. I told the school yes we eat rabbit and squizzy legs. And we catch them ourselves.

They didnt believe me i dont think. Mainly because they are all... how you put it...

Lefty vegatarian tranny wankers...

I think its because people dont realise where their food comes from.

Notice how butchers shops are starting to close down? We have lost at least 5 very good butchers around our town.

I think they now see me as a hill-billy sitting on my porch on my rocking chair.

20190524_220304.jpg.7fd7d9ec9ef3e16909ee336293aa3a7f.jpg

My oldest with his first ferreted on his own rabbit

FF

Sound that is ff. And yeah, nothing wrong with sitting on your rocking chair on the porch, with a nice 'jug o shiiiine' ?

12 hours ago, Northern Rock said:

A lot of these magazine articles will have been written and scheduled months in advance, probably before the change to the GL. 

True my man. We must of had a super warm winter then... with all the foliage in the shot ?

But yeah, I agree.