They Shall Not Grow Old

Not sure if this has been posted before but I finally got to watch this over the weekend. My sons bought it for me for Father's Day.

It's a WW1 documentary and Peter Jackson has taken hundreds of hours of film footage from the Great War. Restored it. Colourised it and added sound. It's one of, if not the best, documentary I've ever seen. I watched the making of it straight afterwards to see how he actually did it and I can't see anyone here that would call it anything other than a masterpiece.

Must see.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve seen this it’s amazing very moving. 

Yup, always moving, and a great round of applause from the crowd at the end, a young girl sitting near us as the show ended said "Am I proud to be Canadian? Hell yeah" 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, mackem said:

Yup, always moving, and a great round of applause from the crowd at the end, a young girl sitting near us as the show ended said "Am I proud to be Canadian? Hell yeah" 

It’s nice to hear of their patriotism I was recently in the Dominican Republic and it was Canada Day and the hotel put on a bit of a thing for the large amount of Canadian guests staying where we were, it was good to celebrate with them and man they can drink not necessarily like the British where we sink pints they sink lots of spirits. 

• Like 1