Beddy whippet grey

I love a bit of good bedlington blood in my Lurchers not a fan of bedlington x whippets tbh there pretty to look at though love a racey bred collie/greyhound x bedlington greyhound ticks all boxes for me

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well took a big leap of faith with my bitch having such a good collie grey for marking and ferreting all round really had my heart set out for another one. Whilst looking for one I came across a beddy

I think the world of mine 3/4 beddy 1/4 grey x whippet grey,trained him as a gundog easily,ferrets,lamps,beats and has a few gears for everything plus a great nose 

Still at it, she's 9 now.. With my brothers first X... full of drive, but never given enough work...

Posted Images

5 hours ago, poxon said:

I love a bit of good bedlington blood in my Lurchers not a fan of bedlington x whippets tbh there pretty to look at though love a racey bred collie/greyhound x bedlington greyhound ticks all boxes for me

Do you not think the whip adds a birra summat as in grew like 

5 hours ago, poxon said:

Edited by Black neck
Bunt ends
2 hours ago, Black neck said:

Do you not think the whip adds a birra summat as in grew like 

Got to for the people to favour them over a straight whippet some of these none peds (grews) are little flying machines but not my cuppa tea would last 5 minutes this cross in my possession before it ended up with the rest of my crippled collection ??

• Like 1

20190202_112356.jpg.4304b8b41cc7ed4847ae54ecd938c3d1.jpg3/4 whip 1/4 beddy...

Been a good little rabbit dog, wish she had a bit of grey in her...another 3 inches would really of made the difference imo...

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

20190202_112356.jpg.4304b8b41cc7ed4847ae54ecd938c3d1.jpg3/4 whip 1/4 beddy...

Been a good little rabbit dog, wish she had a bit of grey in her...another 3 inches would really of made the difference imo...

The best ferreting dog I owned was this way bred  smooth coated though with a blue mask I often thought the same kid but I would pay good money to have him again was a natural marker good strike and a good burst after a bolt wether by ferret or busher 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

The best ferreting dog I owned was this way bred  smooth coated though with a blue mask I often thought the same kid but I would pay good money to have him again was a natural marker good strike and a good burst after a bolt wether by ferret or busher 

It's when they are up and running she'll struggle, a lot of it is arable around me...but lamping she's a clever little b*****d, can send her on in the dark, will come outside of the beam, once she gets herself hedge side of a rabbit not many get away... she's no world beater by a long way... but she makes me smile when she runs the lamp...

We haven't really got the land for big numbers of rabbits, a dozen is a good night...the best night I had with her though, was 9 rabbits in 11 slips we only done 3 big fields and went home....I only planned a couple of your walk but was done in an hour lol... I know loads of dogs will do the same, seen it lots of times...but there was something about the way she does it, if that makes sense, always thinking...I'll miss her when she's gone, but will definitely have a bit of grey in the next one..

• Like 5

Don't get me wrong kid big numbers weren't his thing on the lamp but was decent enough but  round a hole or bushing were his strength clever runner in that sense was and is missed funny at times once he knew something might bolt he totally switched on and rarely missed and knew we're to be 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Don't get me wrong kid big numbers weren't his thing on the lamp but was decent enough but  round a hole or bushing were his strength clever runner in that sense was and is missed funny at times once he knew something might bolt he totally switched on and rarely missed and knew we're to be 

I get you completely, they aren't clever in a collie way...but know how to hunt, they suss it out....I like a beddy cross...

• Like 3
19 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I get you completely, they aren't clever in a collie way...but know how to hunt, they suss it out....I like a beddy cross...

How intelligent do you need a dog to catch game the worse thing is a dog that's over intelligent and start to think to much  

20 hours ago, NEWKID said:

It's when they are up and running she'll struggle, a lot of it is arable around me...but lamping she's a clever little b*****d, can send her on in the dark, will come outside of the beam, once she gets herself hedge side of a rabbit not many get away... she's no world beater by a long way... but she makes me smile when she runs the lamp...

We haven't really got the land for big numbers of rabbits, a dozen is a good night...the best night I had with her though, was 9 rabbits in 11 slips we only done 3 big fields and went home....I only planned a couple of your walk but was done in an hour lol... I know loads of dogs will do the same, seen it lots of times...but there was something about the way she does it, if that makes sense, always thinking...I'll miss her when she's gone, but will definitely have a bit of grey in the next one..

21 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Still at it, she's 9 now..

20190623_231214.jpg.43b1a37b1f96e48d0ce30ff721d58de0.jpg

With my brothers first X... full of drive, but never given enough work...

20181211_171040.jpg.3c3c8dfd996c4b9b2f0dfa7030ae66ac.jpg

Top pic says it all ,

31 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

How intelligent do you need a dog to catch game the worse thing is a dog that's over intelligent and start to think to much  

Couldn’t agree more. I like a doer rather than a thinker. as I have said before for out and out ferreting you don't need greyhound blood. but for you lads that lamp and other things greyhound blood is essential. 

1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

That's my point mate, they like to hunt, and can work out situations..they always appear to be trying their hardest...well all the ones I've seen do anyway.

• Like 1
Just now, NEWKID said:

That's my point mate, they like to hunt, and can work out situations..they always appear to be trying their hardest...well all the ones I've seen do anyway.

With out a doubt deserve more credit than they get at times never had a bad one or seen one yet 

• Like 1