I bled gin once last Yr while she was a pup ish.. She will never bleed again. By doing that. Early the problems gone for me... Front claws are the worst for bedlingtons  simply because there's no rd pressure on them as they scatty and drive from the back end... 

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There you go lads. Cheers, D.  

Hard to beat natural remedies walking and saltwater on the beach as well

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Mate this twat is my rollerblade taxi ?

As you can probably guess, he's not trotting when we go out skating and it's not unusual for us to do over 10Km each time. Plus days in the mountains, where he is completely free to roam and roam he does.... right over the fecking ridges and into the next valleys, the cnut ?

Should have bled him young. 

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

life's to short to get ate up over I t

I'm not bothered but he liked to call me a scabby b*****d for borrowing money from my parents.even though i paid back every penny.he also liked to tell how he was earning £1000/week.( another lie).

so i was reading his old threads( the one where he was selling a pup he just brought ) and wanting to buy an air rifle instead and i quote " i've fallen out of love with dogs" or words of that effect.it all there to see..anyway sorry...while looking at the photos of the pup i went snooping and found a letter from the dole office saying he wasn't allowed any dole money because he hasn't paid enough into the pot.

Hypocritical scab.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I'm not bothered but he liked to call me a scabby b*****d for borrowing money from my parents.even though i paid back every penny.he also liked to tell how he was earning £1000/week.( another lie).

so i was reading his old threads( the one where he was selling a pup he just brought ) and wanting to buy an air rifle instead and i quote " i've fallen out of love with dogs" or words of that effect.it all there to see..anyway sorry...while looking at the photos of the pup i went snooping and found a letter from the dole office saying he wasn't allowed any dole money because he hasn't paid enough into the pot.

Hypocritical scab.

Wash at home ? 

Its good to cut back your small earth dogs  just the same make em bleed while they young. Around 12 "month. Cut real short draw blood. But not the back ones  because they the back end not the working end...  Just keep a eye on them. See what.. Never ever cut straight down always sideways from underneath away from your paw.. Even cutting real short. And bleeding them. Don't worry. And don't ever. Ever do all in one go. Even trimming. Make it nice fir the dog or bitch. ? 

8 hours ago, sandymere said:

I wrote about nail length a good few years ago, when I advocated medium length to reduce injuries whilst leaving enough to give traction/grip. This means that when a dog is standing in a relaxed position the nails should be just clear of the ground. This allows the tendons under the toes to be fully flexed and the toes to sit up in a natural position with the extensor tendons over the toes to be fully extended. But when running the flexor tendons will flex to drive the, reasonable length, nails into the ground to give maximum grip.

When the nails are kept too short grip is reduced, much like worn spikes on cross country running shoes, and there is also a greater risk of even small knocks to the nail opening up the quick which then leaves an open potential portal for infection to get in.

When the nails are kept to long they push up the end of the toe which extends the flexor tendon under the toe, reducing its efficiency and dropping the toe whilst shortening the flexor tendon above the toe. Tendons take months to adapt so once the tendon has been stretched/shortened it will be a long time if ever before it returns to the original state. With extended toes there is even less grip, in spite of longer nails due to compromised flexors, and the gap between main and toe pad is increased leading to a greater risk of injuries.

Leaving a dog on its bed for months will result in stretched flexor tendons and shortened extensor tendons resulting in chronically flat feet but this will be the least of its worries as all of the bones and tendons throughout its body will lose density and bulk, becoming weaker and thinner. This will take months to put right and is basically poor stockmanship.  Dogs can and do run on imperfect feet but to give a dog flat feet for the want of a little exercise seems pretty poor, perhaps if an owner hasn’t the time to exercise their dogs then perhaps a guinea pig would be a better option.

feet.png.cd0aa1f02f835c183f1e1c6ad8f42fbc.png

nails clear and toes sitting naturally.

IMG_20190509_125256.jpg.eceffb4e3fb7011e518263e0cf739828.jpg

long nails lifting the front of the toe causing it to flatten

IMG_20190705_195419.jpg.c91178b136ded5435492ca39fa895789.jpg

edit to add links

https://www.bones.nih.gov/health-info/bone/osteoporosis/conditions-behaviors/bed-rest

https://pmj.bmj.com/content/79/932/320

Is that your work or is it plagiarised?

21 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Is that your work or is it plagiarised?

Sandy ear  is right. However is dogs are inbred to fuk. He needs a new line..  Stop what you doing. The ankles are skinny as fuk..  Bring in new breed ..  I've never cared for long  leg girrafs plainly they carry too much injury   I would Rarther have a Bedlington. As they are all rounders. And tough as an old man's boots.   

• Haha 1