35 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The geezer on the bike you mean ?.....there used to be another one doing the knife sharpening if you remember they would cycle from Tower Bridge to Custom House the old boy doing the knives had the totters yard in Star Lane that the boxing trainer Jimmy Tibbs took over... i remember he took me in Pollocks the tailors as a teenager to get fitted with my first suit and we collected it on the day i was going to court,so kept it on and like a little tramp went next door in Forinos for a Lemon Ice and dropped it down my new suit ?....funny days do you remember The Bridge House where we would all go and pretend to like music ?

Dont know if your interested mate but this is a good little book about those days...thats Jimmys boy on the front he now trains Dillian Whyte....its a funny read that might bring back some memories.

f**k me that came out a bit big !

IMG_0868.jpg

Absolutely the Geezer on the bike TOFFEE APPLE ridiculous noise and the other bloke Scissors Knives sharpened he used to shout it through his nose he had a grinding stone on the bike, I used to impersonate both of them to my kids growing up telling them what it was like in the East End lol.

The Bridge house a schoolmates parents used to run it good laugh back in the day, I will definitely look out for that book my Grandad was a docker it will give me an insight into how we got all the nice bits and pieces when we was young lol, off on me hols soon be a good read around the pool.

Sorry for hijacking your thread GL from Pie & Mash to a trip down memory lane ?  

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a pie of my own, call it Chicken Pie Cheat. It's so easy but taste really lovely. Some chicken thighs skined and chopped into cubes, fried off(could use breasts) one medium onion diced and fri

Asked for gravey on me pie n mash they told me I gotta go see a fella called Tony ? ???????

Aint you the chap who was in Tonys in Waltham Abbey the other week.....you need to sort your taste buds out...and for f**k sake dont tell him you thought it was Parsley Sauce ?

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Absolutely the Geezer on the bike TOFFEE APPLE ridiculous noise and the other bloke Scissors Knives sharpened he used to shout it through his nose he had a grinding stone on the bike, I used to impersonate both of them to my kids growing up telling them what it was like in the East End lol.

The Bridge house a schoolmates parents used to run it good laugh back in the day, I will definitely look out for that book my Grandad was a docker it will give me an insight into how we got all the nice bits and pieces when we was young lol, off on me hols soon be a good read around the pool.

Listening to you city boys talk about london,not just you two but the others to.it sounds like theres a community spirit between you cockneys.all knowing the same places and people when growing up.yet it don't sound like you've ever met and with london being so big its actually small.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Listening to you city boys talk about london,not just you two but the others to.it sounds like theres a community spirit between you cockneys.all knowing the same places and people when growing up.yet it don't sound like you've ever met and with london being so big its actually small.

There was an incredible community spirit in the East End and I felt it especially on the Isle of Dogs it’s the Big U shaped Thames bit on Eastenders people new people who new people and that’s how you got to meet and know everyone, if you got out and about , for all I know I might know Gnash who knows as we all have usernames on here and the savvy amongst us don’t give too much away, being a Hunting site it’s only like minded people who agree with what we believe in.

It is a small place I will never forget a situation in Cyprus years ago I was on a boat doing a little tour sitting opposite me was a neighbour who I grew up with who I hadn’t seen for years funny journey life. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

There was an incredible community spirit in the East End and I felt it especially on the Isle of Dogs it’s the Big U shaped Thames bit on Eastenders people new people who new people and that’s how you got to meet and know everyone, if you got out and about , for all I know I might know Gnash who knows as we all have usernames on here and the savvy amongst us don’t give too much away, being a Hunting site it’s only like minded people who agree with what we believe in.

It is a small place I will never forget a situation in Cyprus years ago I was on a boat doing a little tour sitting opposite me was a neighbour who I grew up with who I hadn’t seen for years funny journey life. 

That made me smile lol, the very same thing happened to me in Cyprus ( Paphos) bloke I hadn't seen for 15 years and only lives 5 minutes from me and I bump into him over there and never seen him since we got back lol.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Hey up bud I love all things london. Used to get up bridgehouse in our Mk 11 cortina lol  most my fam Thames lighternan pub owners or worked billingsgate fish market. Folk had it hard and worked hard so our there kids never had hardship not to give it away to the  freeloaders . Nowdays we got  cnts and Sadiq Khan. Lol bunch of bullshitting lazy arse lib labour scummy cnts and dianne Abbott goes over anytime for jezza and is a racist shlaaaaaaaaag ???????? bet she couldn’t down a double double eels up top  extra liquor lol  yrs back frankie black and co used to bring frank in our pub. For a jolly up. Great days as were the seafood on the bar and the all day drinking down the standard at woolwich ?

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, ginger beard said:

The community spirit was superb back then,solid people who stood up for each other in an absolute toilet of an area,we was all poor but we didnt know it....Flattop is too polite to say but where he was from on the Isle of Dogs was the more upmarket part,it was still a shithole but where i was from in Canning Town was just desperate ive always felt an instant connection with people from this area like a common bond of determination to improve your life simply because getting any worse wasnt an option.

• Like 1

Very few people know that Cyprus is actually a small area in Beckton named after the Cyprus estate that used to house the workers at Royal Albert Dock.....it was named the Cyprus Estate to commemorate the island coming under British control in the 1800,s..... Cypriot immigrants tended to head for the area with the mistaken belief that they had their own community here.....a lot of people from the area myself included have an affinity with Cyprus and Cypriots for this reason.

• Like 1
On 21/06/2019 at 17:13, gnasher16 said:

You ever tried the one in the food court at Lakeside ?....

Now I don’t know why that surprises me but it does mate, dont know why but I can’t picture you mincing round Lakside! Haha

I bet you love it with all the tribes ! Haha

Anyway, had the obligatory mince round there myself last summer because my daughter wanted to go and this was there......a bit of you I think 916F30DD-B16C-426C-B54B-E2613FEF5EF2.jpeg.dd9eda028ee06fd481527f05d6e1d9fb.jpeg

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

? Same as you mate the things we do for our kids eh.....well  actually grandkid now.......f****n Build a Bear factory whats my life come to !

Don’t feel bad, I used to be a regular in that shop ! Lol

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Don’t feel bad, I used to be a regular in that shop ! Lol

Same here...my girls loved it in there... even had build a bear parties for them both at one point...my eldest is 20 now....load of shite imo lol

• Haha 1