I always find after eating Pie & Mash you get an overwhelming feeling of wow I’ve had a good feed,  every Saturday without fail my Nan & Grandad used to take me for pie and mash I’ve visited most that existed a real nice memory was the the one in Woolwich because as we were on the Isle of Dogs we used to get the Woolwich Ferry which is still in service today why on earth they are promoting the Mayor in the pic,  who knows might be an older photo as the present Mayor is an embarrassment to people who new and loved the old London of the past.

37F7E874-5020-438C-A49A-CF6023DF7D76.png.42cf8aa9df97dc692f190a97db480584.png

• Like 2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a pie of my own, call it Chicken Pie Cheat. It's so easy but taste really lovely. Some chicken thighs skined and chopped into cubes, fried off(could use breasts) one medium onion diced and fri

Asked for gravey on me pie n mash they told me I gotta go see a fella called Tony ? ???????

Aint you the chap who was in Tonys in Waltham Abbey the other week.....you need to sort your taste buds out...and for f**k sake dont tell him you thought it was Parsley Sauce ?

Posted Images

11 hours ago, green lurchers said:

It’s a thing of beauty ? well it was.  Til  5 mins ago Lol 

DE8ACEEC-B0EA-4B91-B30F-927317C2D645.jpeg

If my missus served me that up after a days graft she would get it straight over her head, is that eel with pie n mash? ? 

• Haha 1
Just now, green lurchers said:

Bet you’d love that swilling round ya tonsils ??

Honestly I'd vomit before it past my lips ,thank God I've been fed on proper grub and I've the figure to prove it lol

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Flacko said:

I’d like to try it every time down that way never find a place serving it GL do they open evening times as well , & do many locals make their own atb Flacko 

Used to be open all day and eve not nowadays. You best google local pie shop when and where you be in town ?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, downsouth said:

The Liquor aint bad its the pies that are f**king shit in them London pie n mash shops.

I see it like this I don’t eat shit pies outa packets home made yeh can’t see the prob in most pies sold out the pie shops. They not as bad as U make out. ??

Edited by green lurchers

One of the biggest eel fisheries is from here in lough neagh, but try buying eels to eat at home???? Not a feckin chance, smoked eel looks nice, but then we pies are just filled with total chemical shite, where as the old days they were all home made in premises