2 hours ago, tomburras said:

Hi Phil,   the adler is amazing! It's so tiny and light it folds up compact too. It's crazy quiet and doesn't even sound like a gun it is like a metallic clink noise. It's quiet even with standard cartridges. You can even hear the shot hit and rattle through the grass. The eley 3 inch subsonic 18g no.6 's are a good load too. I have the mossberg version in 20 bore and that is good but very front heavy. Sound wise the .410 adler blows the 20 out of the water as it is as loud as  an unmoderated spring airgun. You could carry the alder round all day its so light they come with sling swivels fitted too. The only drawback is the cost of cartridges I Baugh 150 the other day and it cost £60. The alder is £329 wich I think is a bargain, pretty much the cost of a decent airgun scope! I'd highly recommend the alder! It's so nice to be out with something as quiet as an airgun and can still shoot runners. 

Thanks Tom, I think it is on my list. I looked at a Mossy hushpower in 12 g, my god, I don't think I could lift the thing into my shoulder but as yet I haven't picked up the Mossy hush in .410 so don't know what they are like. The Adler looks ideal for my needs.

Phil

4 minutes ago, philpot said:

Thanks Tom, I think it is on my list. I looked at a Mossy hushpower in 12 g, my god, I don't think I could lift the thing into my shoulder but as yet I haven't picked up the Mossy hush in .410 so don't know what they are like. The Adler looks ideal for my needs.

Phil

I know exactly what you mean regarding the 12 bore version it felt rediculous.  iv never held the .410 version so I don't know what it'd like but I imagine it's still gonna be front heavy. The little folding alder .410 is ace. But so are the baikal version and Iv had a few of them in .410 and noise wise there isn't much between them. 

I did test some Eley standard 3'' and 3'' subs through a none hushpower gun with no sound difference which did surprise me as I thought the subs would have been a little quieter but not on my tests.  Yes I must get one sorted out soon although it is more for winter and spring than summer but it gives me time to look at reloading as well because my mate is going the same route so we can share costs as reloading on .410, 28g and 16g makes a big difference in cartridge price. I was going to chat with Clay and Game at the Northern Shooting Show but completely forgot but not far from me so I can go over to talk to them. 

Phil