Went up to the farm to zero the 97k blue and the pro sport in

set the target out to 40yrds (paced) 97k took 5 to 6 shots and it was spot on

used the jeep to rest on and used the porter aim to rest the rifle on

this 97 is some thing else i sold it to one of Philpots mates and wish i had not as soon as i did

so when he told me it was coming back up for sale i bit his hand off and got her back

when i was done scoping it in and after scoping in the pro sport i had a drive round the farm as you do and took a rabbit out with the 97

so a nice bonus in the bag

IMG_20190619_185842.jpg

IMG_20190619_190036.jpg

IMG_20190619_190042.jpg

IMG_20190619_185906.jpg

IMG_20190619_191733.jpg

IMG_20190619_190057.jpg

IMG_20190619_190106.jpg

IMG_20190619_210102.jpg

• Like 7

Now the pro sport

where do i start with this rifle i found out sharp ish it dose not like JSB pellets the first ps iv had that dose not like them

at all

so after trying to get it to like them and failing i moved onto the day state with much the same results

by this time it was getting to me big time

then i remembered i had a tin of AA express diabalo in the jeep so started to use them now at first they were a little bit better

but not much but stuck with it then after a good few pellets it started to come good very good

but still a few good flyers mind so im going to stick the mtc mambers on and try again

in the end i was blowing the bulls out of the target to the point i must of put 200 in the same place blew all the center of the target out just about

so its getting there lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20190619_193135.jpg

IMG_20190619_194526.jpg

IMG_20190619_194532.jpg

IMG_20190619_195631.jpg

IMG_20190619_194541.jpg

IMG_20190619_203714.jpg

IMG_20190619_195705.jpg

• Like 3

Awsome shooting Jimmy.  I replaced my airgun with a adler stelth .410 and the range is limited to 30 yards so I'm looking to get a new springer soon and I think it's goin to be a 97 in .177. That blue stock is bloody lovely ?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Awsome shooting Jimmy.  I replaced my airgun with a adler stelth .410 and the range is limited to 30 yards so I'm looking to get a new springer soon and I think it's goin to be a 97 in .177. That blue stock is bloody lovely ?

Tom if you were closer mate id loan you my baby for a couple of weeks

this hw97k blue 177 is some thing else Tom

TBT tuned shoots like a pcp and iv had that many iv lost count this one is by far the best iv owned

its so accurate its unreal honest

you know its good when some one dose not like a 97 and cant put it down

just ask Vizlauk (Sean)

• Like 1

It sounds a belter. Iv not used spring airguns for a couple of years now. And truth be told Iv been very slack and moved onto hushpower shotguns as Iv not been able to practice holdovers etc and so Iv just popped off close range rabbits with a head torch and my hushpower shotgun. Cowboy in the airgun section I may be! but with no doubt but it's been very effective. Airgun ownership is coming soon with a tbt kit and a Polish whatever I buy ?

This has been my newest tool and very quiet too even with eley 28g 3 inch

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/shotguns/adler-stealth-.410

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, tomburras said:

It sounds a belter. Iv not used spring airguns for a couple of years now. And truth be told Iv been very slack and moved onto hushpower shotguns as Iv not been able to practice holdovers etc and so Iv just popped off close range rabbits with a head torch and my hushpower shotgun. Cowboy in the airgun section it may be but with no doubt but it's been very effective. Airgun ownership is coming soon with a tbt kit and a Polish whatever I buy ?

Get your self over to mine some week end and ill take you out with the spring rifles and a day at the range

you can kip at mine by the time im finished you will think you had been shooting them for years ,

and thats an invite mate

that 410 looks good mind

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Get your self over to mine some week end and ill take you out with the spring rifles and a day at the range

you can kip at mine by the time im finished you will think you had been shooting them for years ,

and thats an invite mate

that 410 looks good mind

Such a great offer and I'd love to take you up on that some day thank you so much!!!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tomburras said:

It sounds a belter. Iv not used spring airguns for a couple of years now. And truth be told Iv been very slack and moved onto hushpower shotguns as Iv not been able to practice holdovers etc and so Iv just popped off close range rabbits with a head torch and my hushpower shotgun. Cowboy in the airgun section I may be! but with no doubt but it's been very effective. Airgun ownership is coming soon with a tbt kit and a Polish whatever I buy ?

Interesting Tom as I am wanting a hushpower Mossberg or the Adler but not really aware just how quiet they are with subs, I know they are not quiet with standard .410 cartridges. It is never going to be a well used gun as I want it for certain applications only so a Mossberg at £600 is perhaps too much despite it being a 3 shot. How do you find the Adler Tom.

Phil

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tomburras said:

Such a great offer and I'd love to take you up on that some day thank you so much!!!

Just send me a pm when you have a spare week end and leave the rest to

me Tom

any time my friend

• Thanks 1

Some fine shooting going on there Jimmy.  :hi:

I`ve been doing shed loads of target shooting with the spring rifles myself whilst the GL got sorted.

I still find it impossible to get a preference between the springers I own but hell yes the HW 97 is an exceptional rifle in any format :good:

atb   Mark.

P.S. your stock is crap compared to mine. :feck:

" Only saying like"

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, philpot said:

Interesting Tom as I am wanting a hushpower Mossberg or the Adler but not really aware just how quiet they are with subs, I know they are not quiet with standard .410 cartridges. It is never going to be a well used gun as I want it for certain applications only so a Mossberg at £600 is perhaps too much despite it being a 3 shot. How do you find the Adler Tom.

Phil

Hi Phil,   the adler is amazing! It's so tiny and light it folds up compact too. It's crazy quiet and doesn't even sound like a gun it is like a metallic clink noise. It's quiet even with standard cartridges. You can even hear the shot hit and rattle through the grass. The eley 3 inch subsonic 18g no.6 's are a good load too. I have the mossberg version in 20 bore and that is good but very front heavy. Sound wise the .410 adler blows the 20 out of the water as it is as loud as  an unmoderated spring airgun. You could carry the alder round all day its so light they come with sling swivels fitted too. The only drawback is the cost of cartridges I Baugh 150 the other day and it cost £60. The alder is £329 wich I think is a bargain, pretty much the cost of a decent airgun scope! I'd highly recommend the alder! It's so nice to be out with something as quiet as an airgun and can still shoot runners.