Anyone working a Picardy cross apart from zedge ?

32 minutes ago, keeganrees said:

Hi interested to see if anyone else working one.

i own one coming up to 8 so know what they bring to the table.

would possibly like to line her to another ?

What do they bring to table mate genuine ask I've never even seen 1 far as I know 

The one I have and the sister I’ve seen .. very much like a collie.. but with a higher drive , better jacket , good strong bone structure, very good stamina. Good natural instinct. Very intelligent. marks second to none. Taken it all.. and some 

dont get me wrong I know other breeds do it as well and I’m certainly not breed blind. 

Just interested to see if anyone else doing much with them 

they suit what I do in all honesty 

My mates got one, he not far off 2 years old now. Seen a few bits towards back end of last season but he was showing good signs and like you say. High drive, intelligent, and the rest. This season wel see if it works out for him. Hasn’t been rushed. Was still pretty green till 18 months old. He’s about 28”

F222C63A-91AA-43A1-8DA5-C798A2C8F79C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Igz said:

My mates got one, he not far off 2 years old now. Seen a few bits towards back end of last season but he was showing good signs and like you say. High drive, intelligent, and the rest. This season wel see if it works out for him. Hasn’t been rushed. Was still pretty green till 18 months old. He’s about 28”

What else is in him mate ?? Any ideas where he had him from 

1 hour ago, keeganrees said:

Supposedly he Picardy x deerhound. He got him at 15 months. His old dog, collie bull grey broke down start of last season and he had a bitch that didn’t make the grade. Kept giving her chance  after chance so he was without a dog. Lad he knew had the Picardy and it hadn’t done anything so he took his chance and from what weve seen he’s happy but only time will tell I suppose. 

Supposedly he Picardy x deerhound. He got him at 15 months. His old dog, collie bull grey broke down start of last season and he had a bitch that didn’t make the grade. Kept giving her chance  after chance so he was without a dog. Lad he knew had the Picardy and it hadn’t done anything so he took his chance and from what weve seen he’s happy but only time will tell I suppose. 

39 minutes ago, Igz said:

The old bitch I got is 1/2 Picardy grey x 5th 1/2 deerhound made 26tt ... he’s got no grey in him ?  Cracking dog mind .

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Igz said:

weve

Not sure why it sent 3 times ?. Not to sure about the grey. I’d be lying if I said I knew. I’ll try get a bit more info but I thought he would of had some grey in him

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Igz said:

The old bitch I got is 1/2 Picardy grey x 5th 1/2 deerhound made 26tt ... he’s got no grey in him ?  Cracking dog mind .

6 hours ago, keeganrees said:

what does the 5th represent????....bit confused

On 21/06/2019 at 00:11, Igz said:

Nice looking juckel that ,

skycats fella as one I think ,I was offerd a pup from lesta way and parents were doing most stuff,but not for me .

i think they is a few different types of Picardys ,different size ,coats ,

best way ,18mts about right age for seeing work ,many dogs ruined because it was worked befor it chance to grow ,

atb

mooch