Spawn of Satan.....twice?

Ok, well I thought the TAC R1 would make a good "Fun Gun" as it were and decided to buy one. I'd seen a couple down at the range and was already well aware of the S&W 15-22 doing the rounds and it's subsequent success. Semi-auto .22 rimmy? In an AR-15 platform? What's not to like I thought. Cheap ammo, plenty of fun etc, etc. I'm a member of a few clubs so obviously proceeded to take it to one of said clubs, which shall remain nameless in order to protect the innocent. The reactions have been mixed to say the least. Anything from "They're not proper rifles" to "Guns like that give the shooting community a bad name". The best one so far was an old fuddy-duddy exclaiming in great exasperation "I really don't get people buying military style firearms when they are civilians, I guess it's just fashionable" whilst sat there loading a .303 british into an SMLE rifle!!! To top it off, the look on his face was almost one of "Get thee behind me spawn of satan" So, in my complete and utter evil way I slapped an old Nikko Stirling scope on top of it, just to annoy the purists too. That will make me the Spawn of Satan twice right? :) :) :) :) 

GHOST.jpg

Edited by M0SAD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

nothing wrong with any semi auto .22lr.lots of fun putting those little bullets down range as fast as you can pull the trigger.have the tippman myself and you should have shot on the right hand side of the guy who does not like assult rifles?

• Like 1

GET thee behind me Stan Satan :diablo:,how dare you enjoy your self Young man ,whats the world coming too ,in my day during the war harrumph :lol:

Go for it the day i give a monkeys about what others do i,l be being lowered into my wooden overcoat :thumbs:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Left side... Shot on the left side...anyway, how reliable is it and what ammo?

It's very reliable for a .22 rimmy, seems to love either the Geco Semi-Auto 40gr or the good old CCI Standards in 40gr too, definitely does not like the Hornady stuff though...pants :)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve read in one of your other posts referring to “slotting “ rabbits, now this !!! There is an Andy McNab in there , just trying to get out !!??

Dammit, I should known better than to think i'd of got away with that on here, too many Commando magazines as a kid I guess :) :) :) 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, M0SAD said:

Dammit, I should known better than to think i'd of got away with that on here, too many Commando magazines as a kid I guess :) :) :) 

Mosad  , you are now THL’s very own “Tackleberry”!!! Good on you mate , if you want a Tac r1 that’s your business. It might not have given the right impression when you turned up with a utility vest and a pair of Aviator sunglasses ? though. 

• Like 1

Turning up in mossy oak and a staffie to do the weekly shop is the last resort of mr J Rambo esq and long may it continue .If we were all sensible and stuck to  the rules them theyre shandy drinking jessies in that Westminster cesspit have won

.And anyway having 6 webbed toes means im  a good swimmer :clapper:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I use to own an H&K MP5, the walther/umerex version??not the GSG??. Had a nikko sterling holographic red dot sight on it, it was great fun. Gave the wife a go of it on guest day at the range I use to go, she loved it the smile on her face was class?

• Like 2

I'm with some of the OP sentiments, nothing wrong with these if you want some fun on the range, but I've seen wannabee Rambo's in the field with them and personally think that's dumb!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 3

Totally agree Deker on the range no problem ,around here turn up on a farm with that fellow in your hands and concerned of Dingleberries is going to be phoning armed response so fast you wont have time to load up before the 9mm version will be pointing at you by some large gents in black and it aint Will Smith .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 19/06/2019 at 13:32, shovel leaner said:

I’ve read in one of your other posts referring to “slotting “ rabbits, now this !!! There is an Andy McNab in there , just trying to get out !!??

Just off to slot a few rabbits.................

image.png.27e219955b68588958487b2bc90ce06a.png

or get slotted by the armed response lol

• Haha 6