Trying to put a smile on his face ☹️

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I’ve got a mate who has 99 problems and thought I’d try and cheer him up with a bit of fox action, I was told that a bloke was worried about lambs he had on a small holding so off we went, on arr

Well it turns out my mate now has 100 problems and things don’t seem to be getting any better for him, so I get the text, can we get out for an hour, my reply, pub or shooting, definitely shooting, go

It used to be big hunt ground, the land behind the sheep is a grouse moor that a lad I know is the head keeper on, sadly it’s died out a fair bit now and I think there’s only one pack now, when it alm

Posted Images

Another hour out and another 5 hoppers, all taken along the edge of the crop, the barley is looking about 2 weeks off coming down and the oil seed rape has been sprayed off so not long to wait now for some summer foxing and the mad couple of weeks where the rabbits have no idea what has happened ?

928BD841-32FB-482D-9DE1-2ECAE6AC4CCD.jpeg

• Like 5
On 16/07/2019 at 23:39, Stavross said:

Another hour out and another 5 hoppers, all taken along the edge of the crop, the barley is looking about 2 weeks off coming down and the oil seed rape has been sprayed off so not long to wait now for some summer foxing and the mad couple of weeks where the rabbits have no idea what has happened ?

928BD841-32FB-482D-9DE1-2ECAE6AC4CCD.jpeg

We combined barley start of week, trying to get straw done now before rain! Love this time of year for the shooting, trouble is work so manic don't get to do any shooting! I'm only supposed to look after the bloody sheep!! 

20190718_111821.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

We combined barley start of week, trying to get straw done now before rain! Love this time of year for the shooting, trouble is work so manic don't get to do any shooting! I'm only supposed to look after the bloody sheep!! 

20190718_111821.jpg

I don’t even work for them but still end up leading grain out the fields for them, I think he thinks it’s payment for having the run of his land

8 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

You could be doing alot worser things stav!

To be fair I like driving tractors ( I’m a bit weird like that) just not after I’ve been at work all day and just wanted a wander out in the fresh air ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

To be fair I like driving tractors ( I’m a bit weird like that) just not after I’ve been at work all day and just wanted a wander out in the fresh air ?

Use to do a bit myself.

Nowadays I just get asked to some welding. 

Talking of mucking out. Calf pens, now that's stink!

47 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Use to do a bit myself.

Nowadays I just get asked to some welding. 

Talking of mucking out. Calf pens, now that's stink!

Our turkeys arrive mid August, deep bedded until slaughter around 20th December. Then muck/disinfect out first week January as we need the sheds for lambing mid January. 4 months of turkey shit, THATS a stink! 

• Haha 2

Well another evening and another therapy session for my mate, we were ment to do Monday but he cancelled on me last minute due to some domestic issues, as I was leaving the house my phone rang and he invited himself out, so as I was on my way up the farm to shoot as they combined I took him with me, walking along with the combine he shot a couple of bolting rabbits and had a go at a bolting fox which luckily for me he missed and it ran straight past me, no more than 15 yards and the 40g 3’s mini magnum stopped it in its tracks, so that was it for here as once they had cut the headlands he called it a night, not before telling me that once all the crop is down we can have the run of the place so it was worth the trip up, as it was still early we had a run to some grass that’s just been bailed, giving it an hour with the caller and with nothing showing we called it a night, both going home happy after enjoying what was a very warm evening ?

BE02CAE2-7AC0-4968-8B68-55219E9ECB85.jpeg

D4DDAC32-FB49-4082-9518-2ACBA020A6E1.jpeg

• Like 4