Trying to put a smile on his face ☹️

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I’ve got a mate who has 99 problems and thought I’d try and cheer him up with a bit of fox action, I was told that a bloke was worried about lambs he had on a small holding so off we went, on arr

Well it turns out my mate now has 100 problems and things don’t seem to be getting any better for him, so I get the text, can we get out for an hour, my reply, pub or shooting, definitely shooting, go

It used to be big hunt ground, the land behind the sheep is a grouse moor that a lad I know is the head keeper on, sadly it’s died out a fair bit now and I think there’s only one pack now, when it alm

Posted Images

Well out again for a couple of hours, my mate seemed a bit happier today and I like to think some of that is down to me getting him out and about, so first off we head to the foot of the moors on the hunt for rabbits with the .22 and .17hmr, managed a couple but spent most of the time there watching a lovely roe buck and it turns out he’s got a bit of an injury to a rear leg so we may be back to take him in the near future, after that we headed back to the posh gardens where we accounted for another 11 between us before we lost the light, I’m starting to enjoy the.17 more and more, tonight was my turn for shot of the night with these two next to each other at 117 yards, all in all a lovely couple of hours out and we are starting to make a dent in the hoppers around the gardens ?

AB942570-B358-48A3-BDD4-F38FE1806809.jpeg

5CED84B8-3F34-43C3-8AAA-59E7C0A90D17.png

9652BAE0-7251-4C86-9F0E-8D39E28139A7.png

• Like 4

Have you explained to him if he puts his hand in his pocket and paid for an FAC and bought mm maybe a rifle and some bang bits then you would be happy for him .And enjoy him taking you out :laugh:

Nice bunnys for the pot by the way atb

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Have you explained to him if he puts his hand in his pocket and paid for an FAC and bought mm maybe a rifle and some bang bits then you would be happy for him .And enjoy him taking you out :laugh:

Nice bunnys for the pot by the way atb

Sadly there’s some things that have gone on in his life lately that don’t lend themselves to possessing a FAC 

Pity that life can knock you down hard ,but you do bounce back over time .My second wife is my best friend too and supports my shooting and hobbies and helped repair the damage the ex caused in my life .

Looks like your sorting his morale and well being out taking him shooting ,maybe he,d enjoy beating with your shoot as being outdoors with a good bunch of friends helps put demons to bed atb and well done 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Out on a little fencing job today and I’ve just been talking to the woman who owns the land, apparently her husband bought her the land next to there house for her to ride on, it’s just short of 160 aches and almost finishes at the bottom of the hills behind that handsome fella in the picture, now this chap is on the Sunday Times rich list so small change for a man of his standing, the amount of rabbits on it this morning was mental so before starting work I’ve offered my services as the last thing she wants is that 100 grand pony breaking a leg, fingers crossed her sugar daddy agrees when she runs it past him tonight ?

65585575-E898-43E3-BA38-8C76403467DC.jpeg

1904BD71-2B26-413B-AFDF-F4A363623D21.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Bloody hell you don't half hobnob with rich folk! And I thought it was supposed to be grim up north, seems they all rolling in it!! 

There’s a massive social divide up here, there’s those that have and those that are financially embarrassed like me, scraping a living off the landed gentry ?

Well a text off my mate and this is turning into a weekly therapy session, can we get out the house for an hour she’s driving me mad, yes we can petal where would you like to go, anywhere there’s rabbits, so off we went to a little place I go to at the foot of the moors, only taking the .17hmr with a fiver in the pot for the longest shot, he got to shoot first taking a nice 134 yard with a smile on his face, thinking he’s 5 quid up we had a walk around shooting another 4 all under 100 yards, with it been my turn to shoot and spotting one a good way off, I thought this is my chance to take the fiver and wipe that smile off his face, so up went the rifle and down went the rabbit, 149 yards, so there’s 5 quid towards all that ammo he burns through, 8 was the total for tonight, just looking forward to the crop coming down now so we can see just how far we can push the mouse gun ?

0A96E255-3F2F-46DA-8AD5-28E2269324E4.png

54D57A94-1CD7-443A-8609-D508A427E92D.jpeg

• Like 4