Trying to put a smile on his face ☹️

Well I’ve got a mate who has 99 problems and thought I’d try and cheer him up with a bit of fox action, I was told that a bloke was worried about lambs he had on a small holding so off we went, on arrival I could see he had nothing to worry about, the size of the lambs a wolf would of struggled to take them, so instead of sitting around on the off chance of calling a ginger I decided to take him for a bit of bunny bashing, letting him have the first few shots a smile soon appeared on his face, he managed 7 and I managed 5 in just over an hour, it was nice to see him turn that frown upside down for a bit and forget hit troubles, one thing we noticed was that two of the rabbits he shot had mixy, these were young rabbits, I hope this is not a sign of what’s to come 

76BEA8E7-264D-402E-940C-7580E3C479A6.jpeg

2027D33E-9076-4055-B45D-046897CA8A16.png

64DE3D0B-4142-46C4-A30F-6378D3640152.jpeg

• Like 8

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I’ve got a mate who has 99 problems and thought I’d try and cheer him up with a bit of fox action, I was told that a bloke was worried about lambs he had on a small holding so off we went, on arr

Well it turns out my mate now has 100 problems and things don’t seem to be getting any better for him, so I get the text, can we get out for an hour, my reply, pub or shooting, definitely shooting, go

It used to be big hunt ground, the land behind the sheep is a grouse moor that a lad I know is the head keeper on, sadly it’s died out a fair bit now and I think there’s only one pack now, when it alm

Posted Images

Good man on both counts Stavross, getting your mate out doing a bit and for slotting a few bunnies. Out on weds night myself, hoping to grab a couple and get my mate out. He's just got into shooting so is pretty keen to see how he fares with the "blood 'n' guts" side of hunting. Weather is supposed to be changing around here now so fingers crossed for a good night. Anyway, well done fella.

• Like 3

Well  done stav.

What is the 100th problem? Not you I hope! Can't see it being that but am surprised you let the feller have 7 bullets or more!

Only kidding, your a good man.

Good looking country there, probably give me a heart attack poking about up there now. Nice.

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, M0SAD said:

Good man on both counts Stavross, getting your mate out doing a bit and for slotting a few bunnies. Out on weds night myself, hoping to grab a couple and get my mate out. He's just got into shooting so is pretty keen to see how he fares with the "blood 'n' guts" side of hunting. Weather is supposed to be changing around here now so fingers crossed for a good night. Anyway, well done fella.

Best of luck for Wednesdays adventure ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Well  done stav.

What is the 100th problem? Not you I hope! Can't see it being that but am surprised you let the feller have 7 bullets or more!

Only kidding, your a good man.

Good looking country there, probably give me a heart attack poking about up there now. Nice.

I was very nearly his 100th problem the way he was burning through them rounds, us northerners are a very frugal people when it comes to that sort of thing, him less so when it’s not his money ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Stavross said:

I was very nearly his 100th problem the way he was burning through them rounds, us northerners are a very frugal people when it comes to that sort of thing, him less so when it’s not his money ?

My boy my life Oi Veh Hime ,troubles we got money we aint ,whats a man to do you take the food out of the mouths of my children:rofl::thumbs: ,well done  Stavross but now tell him the rabbits are a fiver each to cover expenses :laugh:

On 16/06/2019 at 23:04, Stavross said:

Well I’ve got a mate who has 99 problems and thought I’d try and cheer him up with a bit of fox action, I was told that a bloke was worried about lambs he had on a small holding so off we went, on arrival I could see he had nothing to worry about, the size of the lambs a wolf would of struggled to take them, so instead of sitting around on the off chance of calling a ginger I decided to take him for a bit of bunny bashing, letting him have the first few shots a smile soon appeared on his face, he managed 7 and I managed 5 in just over an hour, it was nice to see him turn that frown upside down for a bit and forget hit troubles, one thing we noticed was that two of the rabbits he shot had mixy, these were young rabbits, I hope this is not a sign of what’s to come 

76BEA8E7-264D-402E-940C-7580E3C479A6.jpeg

2027D33E-9076-4055-B45D-046897CA8A16.png

64DE3D0B-4142-46C4-A30F-6378D3640152.jpeg

Sound as a pound; we could all do with a mate like that. Good man @Stavross

• Like 3
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Good on you for getting your mate out? . Nice looking bit of ground there Stavross . Do they hunt that area ? It Looks like a great place to watch the hounds . 

It used to be big hunt ground, the land behind the sheep is a grouse moor that a lad I know is the head keeper on, sadly it’s died out a fair bit now and I think there’s only one pack now, when it almost stopped the bloke that owned the moor sold more game shooting to keep the money coming in, putting more pressure on the moor, luckily he’s now sold it to a chap who’s more interested is lower number days but better shooting and he’s all for moorland management and not shooting the arse out of it

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out my mate now has 100 problems and things don’t seem to be getting any better for him, so I get the text, can we get out for an hour, my reply, pub or shooting, definitely shooting, good choice ?, so I went and picked the little smiler up and headed to a house with a large front and rear garden where the rabbits are digging up his golf course, I took both the .22 and the browning T bolt .17hmr, first off we had a go with the .22 on the front of the property taking 4 in a little under 30 minutes, heading around the rear I dropped another one on the heli-pad, before giving him the .17 for some long bottom of the garden shots, best shot of the night was my mate with the .17 hmr, head shot at 132 yards, now that put a smile on his face, kept two that he wanted and put the others out for the foxes, it was a lovely evening to be out, without the heat of yesterday and not been harassed by flies ?

C5D641B8-77D5-4B80-97D0-E11248F20818.jpeg

5B494724-3369-42F8-8000-DF057CE9E382.jpeg

7415B1CB-0070-4BD1-95D7-6275A0FFF9E9.jpeg

AE0EDC44-1E23-40F0-A8A6-75E3B4047981.jpeg

• Like 7