Let's see your river catches 2019

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my mate kev just had a savage take......nice fish to start the session with??

well it's been a tough start.... I've managed a few chub 3/4 lb and mý mate kevs had 1 barbel.the rivers dropped a good 2/3 feet since I got here on Sunday morning.....got a good feeling about to

just roasting some marshmallows with the kids....had a 1 toner.......

Posted Images

IMG-20190915-WA0015.jpg.4c3d8cb3567c831e8ddc2d2b0e21c421.jpgAfter losing 2 good fish in the space of 10 mins it went quiet for a few hrs ......just packing up and had this lump to end the session?

well pleased my 3 mates were fishing and blanked??

my efforts pre baiting are paying off.....getting a better stamp of fish ,this winter could throw the odd suprise?

• Like 4

Had my first session for over a month this afternoon. Only went local and just took one rod and minimal tackle. It was just nice to get out after the enforced lay-off. I had a swim in mind that is on the opposite bank to where I usually fish and I have seen some good chub there whilst walking the dog.

973459927_SwimatSt_edited-1.jpg.67d706610f2cb3dabc2ee7ee5bdcc859.jpg

I fished with a small ball of paste flavoured with salmon and cheese. It usually works well for chub. First bite though was a humongous catfish that I fought for ages before swinging it in to hand.....

703820697_SmallCatfish.jpg.6a5c48547f10c20d3bb29a1f50ed1371.jpg

It is now cooling off in my freezer. I'll use it as a dead bait for its grandma  ?

Nothing much else to report. A few middling chub from a different swim and some finicky carp that mopped up the free offerings, but wouldn't touch a hook bait no matter what I used and how I presented it. Quite a mystery as they usually make a barbel bite seem tame.

There is always next time ?

• Like 6