Let's see your river catches 2019

3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Impressive catches mate .Otters all but fecked our local barbel water .Couple of dead fish found with just the brain eaten and well into double figures too .Had a 14.7 from same river 22 years ago and made the angling times back then ,caught on a huge bunch of maggots with a maggot feeder ,size 8 hook .

Had numerous teens from there and chub to 6 1/2 .

Had a decent barbel taken by a pike at the net one evening ,scared the crap out of me .Fish was ok though once essox let go .

Played a pike for 40 minutes recently  on a lake that took a 4 pound tench that died of its injuries .Pike was 30 plus without a doubt when I saw it take it in the shallows .

Got to love the savage takes from a barbel and the first run is the same as the last .

You ever had to walk down /up stream with a running fish mate ,that when you know it’s a good un .

give me a shout and i sort you some fishing on the wye....the big 1 I had last night went 13lb 6oz,should go 15 plus winter time?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my mate kev just had a savage take......nice fish to start the session with??

well it's been a tough start.... I've managed a few chub 3/4 lb and mý mate kevs had 1 barbel.the rivers dropped a good 2/3 feet since I got here on Sunday morning.....got a good feeling about to

just roasting some marshmallows with the kids....had a 1 toner.......

Posted Images

1 hour ago, staffs riffraff said:

I been on trent and dove fishing for barbel but no joy yet had a huge chub 6lb and other bits but no barbel on usual tactics meat and things like that any tips?

glug some pellets/bollies with this stuff....along with a few squirts in your feeder mix or pva bags825631614_Screenshot_20190830-121809_SamsungInternet.jpg.fe3e69af12947ad86c89924b02b20934.jpg

any of the fishy ones??

Any certain flavour boillie or pellet particular flavour that barbel seem to like? Gonna go for couple hours on canal along back of a gravel pit that heard alot of carp anglers chuck there bream and tench in when they catch them  did have a 4lb barbel 1/2 mile if that from there on a lock overflow 20 years ago now

22 minutes ago, staffs riffraff said:

Any certain flavour boillie or pellet particular flavour that barbel seem to like? Gonna go for couple hours on canal along back of a gravel pit that heard alot of carp anglers chuck there bream and tench in when they catch them  did have a 4lb barbel 1/2 mile if that from there on a lock overflow 20 years ago now

I had a lot of success recently on the swale and nidd on the source boilies. 

41 minutes ago, tomburras said:

I had a lot of success recently on the swale and nidd on the source boilies. 

the source catches everywhere tom?I've had hundreds of fish on it over the yrs ?

Shane have a look for some pellet O,'s cheesy garlic or spicy sausage halibut pellets....been catching on them all season,I give them a glug of that bait smoke and been catching well?2062747877_Screenshot_20190830-165946_SamsungInternet.jpg.d67ab306d710f9731fe51c1232361b8b.jpg

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

the source catches everywhere tom?I've had hundreds of fish on it over the yrs ?

Shane have a look for some pellet O,'s cheesy garlic or spicy sausage halibut pellets....been catching on them all season,I give them a glug of that bait smoke and been catching well?2062747877_Screenshot_20190830-165946_SamsungInternet.jpg.d67ab306d710f9731fe51c1232361b8b.jpg

Nice 1 DC they got them in my lfs shall get them try them as i know both rivers have decent amout of barbal in cheers guys

Hi daniel c!  them source boilies are amazing and my go to boilie they seem to catch everywhere iv had my pb 22lbs 7oz carp on them. Also have had a massive (unweighed) roach on them and even oddly even had a 14 lbs pike on them in january this year on a lake in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

Can’t go wrong with the source boilies. Went to France carp fishing last year for a week and they were what worked best. Always got a bag with me even if I’m not going to fish with them that day it’s good to have a few with you. My mate swears by them

• Like 2