Let's see your river catches 2019

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my mate kev just had a savage take......nice fish to start the session with??

well it's been a tough start.... I've managed a few chub 3/4 lb and mý mate kevs had 1 barbel.the rivers dropped a good 2/3 feet since I got here on Sunday morning.....got a good feeling about to

just roasting some marshmallows with the kids....had a 1 toner.......

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Greyman said:

Looks like Kev has stolen the lucky pink sleeve mate, ✌️✌️

he's been doing well this season?we opened up  a few new swims and a heavy pre baiting campaign out of season is paying off?plenty of water in the river at the start of the season has helped.....gets harder as the levels drop.pop over when your sorted be nice to see you before the comp?

Forgot.......did I mention I sold him my old lucky  rods and reels?

I love Chub fishing. Only ever been a handful of times and probably only caught half a dozen but I'd love to do more. 

Never caught a Barbel before but there are some stunning fish on this thread. Well done everyone, good fishing. It sounds like you have put a lot of effort in, did you mention pre baiting out of season? is that to keep them in an area or get them used to a hookbait you are going to use in season? how long are you prebaiting for before fishing? 

1 hour ago, BGA said:

I love Chub fishing. Only ever been a handful of times and probably only caught half a dozen but I'd love to do more. 

Never caught a Barbel before but there are some stunning fish on this thread. Well done everyone, good fishing. It sounds like you have put a lot of effort in, did you mention pre baiting out of season? is that to keep them in an area or get them used to a hookbait you are going to use in season? how long are you prebaiting for before fishing? 

The best way is to locate swims where barbel are likely to be and try half an hour to an hour in each until you locate them. Good places are where a faster current runs alongside a slower one. That is called a seam. Deep channels and channels between streamer weed are also good places. You often find deeper water on the outside of bends and if you can locate overhanging trees or bushes then fishing a few metres upstream of those can bring you some nice chub and barbel. The tail end of weirs can be good in summer.

Put a PVA bag on with some pellets or broken up boilies or small pieces of luncheon meat and the same bait on the hook. Lob it into the swim and sit on your hands until the rod wraps around. If nothing takes in 30 - 60 minutes try somewhere else.

• Like 3