WARS COMING

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeremy Corbyn coupled with dianne Abbott getting in power is more worrying than any world wars ?

Cue....  

I can't see an Iraq style invasion on the books. I don't think there is the appetite for it. The China situation worries me more than Iran.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

They’ll take on any rabbit on the planet. Fearless they are. 

Check out what aircraft the Irish Air Force have in service......that makes for comical reading ! Lol 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Check out what aircraft the Irish Air Force have in service......that makes for comical reading ! Lol 

No point in small neutral countries pumping billions into buying gear for battles that your not going to win anyway if facing a stronger power. Politics is the easier option. The pen is mightier than the sword. They'd be better pumping the money into something more useful like the housing crisis here or health.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I do not agree with national service at all. 

Its difficult enough dealing with dross who have voluntarily joined, never mind every single dingler From the street 

dross:laugh: don't hear that word on here very often... but it sums up the abilities if these young fcukers today!!

im on the flip side with the ns though, I think it would be a good thing if you regular army lads were allowed to discipline and kick the little shits into shape...

I know it certainly wouldn't of done me any harm when I left school

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, si brown said:

dross:laugh: don't hear that word on here very often... but it sums up the abilities if these young fcukers today!!

im on the flip side with the ns though, I think it would be a good thing if you regular army lads were allowed to discipline and kick the little shits into shape...

I know it certainly wouldn't of done me any harm when I left school

Dross is used regular here, it's the dust off coal and around £4 a bag, burns well and if you have a hydraulic ram your laughing, normally just stick in a plaggy bag an leave on the stove over night, saves banking it up.

I'm on your side too with ns, sure the squaddies would have fun kicking the kids (scum) into shape! What else could we do with vermin of today, let them stab each other out, or send them to the front line with they're kitchen knives ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

I work with students and the foreign students have compulsory service , and they dread it if there countries in any kind of dispute after getting there degree if they don't go back and do there 2 years national service they cant ever go home again . I was talking to warden and she was nearly in tears her degree was finished and she was panicking about her country's turmoil  but if she didn't go back she would never see her family again . 

We never get any real bother with the foreign students its always the british who seem to be in bother ,answer back etc good going for 12,500 students i think they know they will get discipline in the forces and listen to management unlike our home  grown students 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Dross is used regular here, it's the dust off coal and around £4 a bag, burns well and if you have a hydraulic ram your laughing, normally just stick in a plaggy bag an leave on the stove over night, saves banking it up.

I'm on your side too with ns, sure the squaddies would have fun kicking the kids (scum) into shape! What else could we do with vermin of today, let them stab each other out, or send them to the front line with they're kitchen knives ?

39 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Maybe compulsory cadets when they reach 14 that's how it is in my sons school, Duke of Edinburgh awards as well.

All good character building stuff, sets the moral compass as well.

I  built a Dross Pit  when I was a kid it was at a Metal Casting Forge,  Dross is all the impurities that come to the surface when you are producing cast iron  or any other Metal 

• Like 1

I don’t agree with national service,  I remember a fella in 2005 when he came to battalion and was asked by the CO, y u John the army??? His reply was needed a job.......Hedrick 4 came and his job came very real very quick, poor kid died.

he didn’t want to be there,  therefore he had in interest,  so he put himself in serious danger and everybody else around him,. But as it’s been said, warfare had changed, I was talking to my brother the other day, he’s on his 5th tour now, own room, WiFi,  air con, tv, he said it’s hiust like camp and thts then on the front line lol  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, micky said:

I  built a Dross Pit  when I was a kid it was at a Metal Casting Forge,  Dross is all the impurities that come to the surface when you are producing cast iron  or any other Metal 

I thought it was slag? We all call stuff different names depending where we're from though.

let's go down the snicket, ginnel etc ?

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Gav said:

I thought it was slag? We all call stuff different names depending where we're from though.

let's go down the snicket, ginnel etc ?

Slag is impurities in Coal and sorry to be a Prick but SNICKET and  GINNELS are ALLEYS 

• Haha 3

Ah, the good ol' ginnel, or as they became more commonly known in the 90's "Smack heads Lanes"...many's the time we used to have to dodge discarded needles and step over semi-comatosed junkies...fond memories eh? I remember at the time people would comment with such things as "A spell in the army would do them good" or "Bring back national service".  I never agreed with that myself, why sully our armed forces with adding them to the ranks. Could always put them on IED detection duty i suppose. :) :) :)

Edited by M0SAD
incomplete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

I don’t agree with national service,  I remember a fella in 2005 when he came to battalion and was asked by the CO, y u John the army??? His reply was needed a job.......Hedrick 4 came and his job came very real very quick, poor kid died.

he didn’t want to be there,  therefore he had in interest,  so he put himself in serious danger and everybody else around him,. But as it’s been said, warfare had changed, I was talking to my brother the other day, he’s on his 5th tour now, own room, WiFi,  air con, tv, he said it’s hiust like camp and thts then on the front line lol  

Just the man , dig deep you were 1 rir weren’t you ? 

Pm me brother....