What's that noise...

Unfortunately, he's challenging the new licences. What a muppet!

The guys all over tv as an "expert" and doesn't know that conservation involves rebalancing the countryside to correct the imbalance of man growing crops. There have been so many tales of murdered blackbirds and dead ducklings etc as a result of corvid population explosions, and he's still trying to get the new licences revoked.

I even had a Jackdaw in my urban back garden yesterday. Lived here 50 yrs, never seen that before.  So much for the Hedge Sparrows living in the hedge adjoining the fence. As for magpies, they're so many around me now they're coming into the gardens in packs and fighting.

• Like 1

The "man" is a worm who doesnt understand any implications of what he does .So many pigeons and crows around that wouldnt be here if he hadnt come up with his bullfeathers .

A pity no one is actually publiscising what damage his ban caused 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Lamper121 said:

Has anyone noticed that lefty papers like the Guardian haven't published any thing out the reissue of the licences, they were all over it before  but now its egg on face time they have shied away. 

Denial is a common trait of people that like to control and use other bullyish tactics.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, timmytree said:

Well get ready for another legal challenge, because NE folded and screwed up they had to pay WJs court costs so now WJ already have the funding for the next round in the kitty.

They have it anyway. CP's followers meant they raised £36K in a matter of days through crowdfunding for the 1st challenge:

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/wild-justice1/

Chris Packhan  has done very well by making his passion for wildlife into a successful career. He is as welcome to his opinions and dietry choices as any of us. He is also apparently mildly autistic ,though clearly at a high functioning level,which makes his ability to have made a success of his life something to be commended. However people on the autistic spectrum can not only be overly obsessive about their chosen interests but can also be quite gullible .

This not the first time he has made ill-judged comments and I can't help thinking that he may be being fed inacurate information and that his celebrity status makes him a figurehead to be used by others with an agenda.

The next challenge to general licences will no doubt involve a call for scientific evidence and that could take years of research and debate which is just what organisations like Wild Justice thrive upon.  Its all well and good farmers ,conservationists and pest controllers recounting years of experience but scientists are disbelieving sods and unless they themselves have done the research they rarely accept the opinions of others. Even so it would be a good idea if anyone who does shoot under the General Licences keeps notes in their game books of not just the day's bag but of failures of other methods of control  photos of damage caused by the pest species and the efficency of shooting . Who knows, it might not be long before Defra or someone might ask for input from interested parties and it would definately pay to be prepared with evidence.

That's easy.

Go to an area smothered in crow and magpie and take notes on the presence of other birds. A pen and one sheet of paper should cover it.

Now go to an area where crows and magpies are shot and trapped and record the presence of other species.

Only, this time take two pens and a note pad!

• Like 2
On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 06:25, BenBhoy said:

Sob sob, drip drip.....?? Sob sob, drip drip??

Oh, its Cwis Prickman crying into the almond milk on his cornflakes this morning!! 

This actually made me blow tea through my nose when I read it....simply brilliant :) :) :) :) 

• Like 1