the rest of the world take note

If only you lot knew about the farming practices over here in North America 

google “ desiccation of crops” 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_desiccation

Farmers spray the crops to mature them ready to combine. They are supposed to leave it X amount of days before harvesting 

they dont leave long enough so traces of roundup is still in our foods

even organic oats was found to have traces in it due spray drift from another farmer

our local council has being planting suitable plants/flowers now for a couple years. what was once mowed is now planted in a number of places. great idea i think. benefits the wildlife and saves on cutting. they should do it anywhere suitable i say.

12 hours ago, jigsaw said:

12 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

It's not hard to do .

Landowners and farmers don't give a f**k re spraying pesticides ect

They will spray in dangerous conditions with no thought to human welfare nevetmind bees ect 

I do !! Lol......I don’t use any chemical sprays at all.

I am using my animals to do everything that’s they normally use chemicals to do.

I point blank refuse to use any of that roundup type shit or anything like it.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Farmers spray the crops to mature them ready to combine. They are supposed to leave it X amount of days before harvesting 

even organic oats was found to have traces in it due spray drift from another farmer

Factory farming on your side of the pond is f***ing howling mate......it’s literally killing you !

12 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

It's not hard to do .

Landowners and farmers don't give a f**k re spraying pesticides ect

They will spray in dangerous conditions with no thought to human welfare nevetmind bees ect 

When farmers look at land they see money and it doesn’t matter what they have to do to wring every last penny out it. 

15 hours ago, jigsaw said:

the amount of fish kills over here at one time was unreal,and some say it was the shite sprayed on the land after a rain fall did it 

Happens quite regular on places like the Somerset levels as all the gear sprayed on the land gets drawn into the dykes and ditches when the rain comes down and the pumps fire up, to draw it off causes oxygen levels to plummet ✌️

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Factory farming on your side of the pond is f***ing howling mate......it’s literally killing you !

the majority of whats grown gets exported

warburtons bread,the wheat is grown locally to me,just saying

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

the majority of whats grown gets exported

warburtons bread,the wheat is grown locally to me,just saying

True, if you start to have a hard look at what’s in everyday food it’s bloody frightening.

I could bore the pants off you all for ages about it but the bottom line is, you just have to do the best you can.

Its even hard to buy pure olive oil because they cut the shit out of it!!

I just try and do simple things, I don’t buy ready made pasta sauce or any other sauce (other than Coleman’s mustard, Ketchup etc)......I make all my own from scratch.

I only buy Maldon sea salt, not the refined stuff.

I think a decent rule of thumb is if you look at the Mediterranean diet and try and keep close to what they are using and how they are cooking it’s about the best you can do.

Obviously, my big winner is meat because I produce all my own other than smoked bacon.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

True, if you start to have a hard look at what’s in everyday food it’s bloody frightening.

I could bore the pants off you all for ages about it but the bottom line is, you just have to do the best you can.

I just try and do simple things, I don’t buy ready made pasta sauce or any other sauce (other than Coleman’s mustard, Ketchup etc)......I make all my own from scratch.

I think a decent rule of thumb is if you look at the Mediterranean diet and try and keep close to what they are using and how they are cooking it’s about the best you can do.

Obviously, my big winner is meat because I produce all my own other than smoked bacon.

processed foods is a killer

i dont even own a microwave,never had never will

irn bru is on the banned list over here because of one E number in it.

mate you want to see some of the shite they sell over here compared to irn bru

cheeeze whiz,  luminous cheese type looking spread in a jar

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/what-cheez-whiz

• Sad 2
22 minutes ago, WILF said:

Japenese is the way to go....fresh and raw!! Lol

Like you everything from scratch... need to up my farming skills though...lol

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Like you everything from scratch... need to up my farming skills though...lol

Mate, if I’m honest I just bumble along.....don’t know any big secrets or anything like that.

Feed em, keep comfortable and relaxed and that’s it.

I have had a few casualties along the way but I dont beat myself up about it.....just wipe my mouth, carry on and try not to make the same mistakes.

Just enjoy yourself, that’s the main job.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, if I’m honest I just bumble along.....don’t know any big secrets or anything like that.

Feed em, keep comfortable and relaxed and that’s it.

I have had a few casualties along the way but I dont beat myself up about it.....just wipe my mouth, carry on and try not to make the same mistakes.

Just enjoy yourself, that’s the main job.

I've too much on to add more livestock at the minute mate...its a big project for me, long term I want it as a fishery for residence only...so a retreat of sorts.... 10 year plan...done at 52!! God loves a trier lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I know for a fact that they desiccate crops over here as well....