stealthy1

Bob Arum sees Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in Briton

Just now, shaaark said:

Ah right. Still prefer my traing diary, I'm more comfortable with that. And when I've finally recovered from this frozen shoulder, will be back into training properly again 👍

I'm just powering through a strength programme just now ans esting what I like. As long as the weights keep going up I'm happy. Will start to really think about training diet when this phase stalls

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Can't be doing with all this app nonsense personally lol. Used a training diary with what exercises, rep count, food intake, everything. And kept it accurate and strict as f**k. Personally can't understand how an app can accurately tell YOU what /when you need to eat,  how long to rest between sets etc.  Nah, not for me lol. 

Hope it goes well for you 👍

The food app don’t tell ye what to eat it just loosely works out how many am what macros to eat, an it got a data bank that covers almost all food already so you just tellit what you’ve ate it take a pic of s barcode an it keeps track of it all for ye mate, think it’s done by reebok for the cross fitters, I just used it to find out what food where worth what an then kept a sort a log of what an when I’d been eating 

the strength one is basic as fcuk, but really works it’s mental tbh I was doubting it at first but it’s only 5 excersize a split into 3 a day an it logs what you’ve done an counts down ye rest depending on what ye wanna take an auto adds weight to the next session for ye, for somebody like me it helped me figure a lot out quickly an progress without having to worry about a lot of other stuff😁

11 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'm just powering through a strength programme just now ans esting what I like. As long as the weights keep going up I'm happy. Will start to really think about training diet when this phase stalls

What I found, was training to increase musce mass and size is pretty impossible, unless you eat enough 'good' calories to cause a surplus, without just overeating and piling weight on for weight's sake. Work out out what your body's daily normal intake is, and add the calories, from good sources, as needed, in line with your training progress.

Actually pretty easy really. I think far too much emphasis has been placed on 'this two day split routine' or 'that three day split routine'. F

Fact is, you WILL get bigger, quicker and with less injuries, by using a sensibly put together whole body routine. And after a few months  when the training starts getting hard, add an extra day or two, even three, between training sessions. You won't lose any gains after a few days rest lol.

The above will work for most people, UNLESS, you're on a shitload of steroids and other drugs.

Edited by shaaark

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

What I found, was training to increase musce mass and size is pretty impossible, unless you eat enough 'good' calories to cause a surplus, without just overeating and piling weight on for weight's sake. Work out out what your body's daily normal intake is, and add the calories, from good sources, as needed, in line with your training progress.

Actually pretty easy really. I think far too much emphasis has been placed on 'this two day split routine' or 'that three day split routine'. F

Fact is, you WILL get bigger, quicker and with less injuries, by using a sensibly put together whole body routine.

UNLESS, you're on a shitload of steroids and other drugs.

That’s also why I choose the 5x5 programme, you, gnash tomo an few others recommend full body routines with compounds an that’s what this is, 5 compound for full body. But like I said earlier I’m start g to feel I could be doing more? Do you think the 5 big compounds are good enough to stay on full time? Or would you swap to summat else when you start maxing out? 😁

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s also why I choose the 5x5 programme, you, gnash tomo an few others recommend full body routines with compounds an that’s what this is, 5 compound for full body. But like I said earlier I’m start g to feel I could be doing more? Do you think the 5 big compounds are good enough to stay on full time? Or would you swap to summat else when you start maxing out? 😁

Pull ups and chin ups are the first things you should add if your adding anything

Don’t laugh at me 😳😂

but anybody heard of/recommend/or slate this guy?

carl raghaven? He a trainer guy from London that teaches the Olympic lifts, an part of that starting strength programme thing that Mark Rippetoe runs? Seriously thinking about going down for a day an get some tuition 😳😂

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Pull ups and chin ups are the first things you should add if your adding anything

I do them, or atleast try😂couldn’t do more than 2 no matter what I done before, I can do few more now but no many haha if ye upgrade the app there’s a few assistance ones ye can add

30 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Keep it simple katch. Squats, deadifts, leg press, bench press, dips, shoulder press, rows, pulldowns and variations of all of them, over time. And not all in the same workout. 

You could put say, flat bench press, deadlift and calf raises, covers your whole body, in one workout, say on a monday. All for say 10 reps. Don't go near your max level, but until you've got to try a bit like lol.

Couple of days off, remember, you are working. 

Next session, shoulder press, leg press, floor back extensions, ab work. Again, don't max out on em. After each set, put it in your app so you don't forget what weight you used, and how many reps you got to before it started getting really difficult.

Another whole body workout, remember, your pecs are a relatively small muscle group compared to your back and legs  they don't need to be trained as often as the bigger groups, again, as long as you don't intend to compete and start all that isolation bollox.

Like I said before, not trying to tell you what to do, just offering advice etc, which really does work, and work quicker and more effectively than these 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off etc routines.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Keep it simple katch. Squats, deadifts, leg press, bench press, dips, shoulder press, rows, pulldowns and variations of all of them, over time. And not all in the same workout. 

You could put say, flat bench press, deadlift and calf raises, covers your whole body, in one workout, say on a monday. All for say 10 reps. Don't go near your max level, but until you've got to try a bit like lol.

Couple of days off, remember, you are working. 

Next session, shoulder press, leg press, floor back extensions, ab work. Again, don't max out on em. After each set, put it in your app so you don't forget what weight you used, and how many reps you got to before it started getting really difficult.

Another whole body workout, remember, your pecs are a relatively small muscle group compared to your back and legs  they don't need to be trained as often as the bigger groups, again, as long as you don't intend to compete and start all that isolation bollox.

Like I said before, not trying to tell you what to do, just offering advice etc, which really does work, and work quicker and more effectively than these 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off etc routines.

I think that’s what I need after this, some sort prog that don’t push for the most ye can do every work out like this 5x5 does, squatting 3 times a week an adding weight every time starts getting daunting 😂 mentally am physically 😂 but I’m still progressing so not too worried about failure yet but know it’s coming 😳😂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I reckon somebody starts a weightlifting thread lol this is a Tyson fury thread.

Anyway here's the big man pulling 250 with terrible form lol

https://youtu.be/cbwLXQQ46HY

Crack on, makes change to see you lot getting on. 😁

Just now, W. Katchum said:

I think that’s what I need after this, some sort prog that don’t push for the most ye can do every work out like this 5x5 does, squatting 3 times a week an adding weight every time starts getting daunting 😂 mentally am physically 😂 but I’m still progressing so not too worried about failure yet but know it’s coming 😳😂

I know you not long started katch, but if I was you I'd train in 12 week cycles. It's easier to mark your progress on.

Upper body 8-12 reps, lower body 12-15 reps. But not like 8-12 each session randomly. Start off at 8 with a given weight and exercise, but with a weight thats 'fairly' comfortable. Do the same with your other exercises for that session. Next time you train those exercises in your routine, go for nine reps, and build up to 12 reps. When you can do 12 reps for each of your alloted exercises, take a week off, then back down to 8 reps but up the weight by 5%. As soon as it starts getting more difficult, don't try to push through it, take more rest and recovery. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t laugh at me 😳😂

but anybody heard of/recommend/or slate this guy?

carl raghaven? He a trainer guy from London that teaches the Olympic lifts, an part of that starting strength programme thing that Mark Rippetoe runs? Seriously thinking about going down for a day an get some tuition 😳😂

Tell you what katch, anyone that laughs at someone that's asking for advice about something which can be 'potentially' dangerous, life threatening even, if you're shown  an unsafe  unsound way of going about it, needs to be avoided at all costs! I've witnessed some extremely stupid 'pranks' etc, performed on newcomers to weight training  by absolute c**ts that thought such 'pranks' would be a 'fun' thing to do. Not so funny for their poor 'friend' that couldn't perform the same exercise properly ever again!! Beware of fools in the gym katch, and ask as many questions as you want 👍

Edited by shaaark

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Ask gnasher or tomo,not these knowfuckall wannabes

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Tell you what katch, anyone that laughs at someone that's asking for advice about something which can be 'potentially' dangerous, life threatening even, if you're shown  an unsafe  unsound way of going about it, needs to be avoided at all costs! I've witnessed some extremely stupid 'pranks' etc, performed on newcomers to weight training  by absolute c**ts that thought such 'pranks' would be a 'fun' thing to do. Not so funny for their poor 'friend' that couldn't perform the same exercise properly ever again!! Beware of fools in the gym katch, and ask as many questions as you want 👍

The guys been recommended by a pal of a pal, went down for the day an was shown where he was going wrong with the lifts he was doing an also showed him a few of the Olympic lifts, it’s all part of that American starting strength franchise sort w thing, just a barbel programme that includes a some Olympic lifts, looks challenging an I fancy giving it w bash, wife heard me mention it an has offered me a hotel room for night an a day with the guy if I want 😁

• Like 2