Bob Arum sees Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in Briton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not many harder than Foreman....FACT lol... He would've  walked through Fury imo...furys lack of power wouldve been his undoing...Ali in the Jungle forced him to run out of steam...yes he got the

That dementia is a bastrd .

Yeah, you'd think people on a hunting forum would know about hunting. Not always the case Anyway, what makes bob arum an expert on boxing? A lawyer and a boxing promoter, NOT a trainer, coach or

Posted Images

Greyhound trainer,boxing,ballerina it doesnt matter people shouldnt have strong opinions on subjects they have no right to have strong opinions on......a view is ok everyone has views on things but folk with strong opinions on subjects you have no knowledge or experience of get found out very quickly.

I have views on hunting.....i dont have strong opinions on hunting as i have no right to....and if i did voice strong opinions on hunting i would quickly make a fool of myself.

Character flaw.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, martyn2233 said:

Tyson Fury’s bid to take over US flops as just 9,000 fans turn out at MGM Grand for Tom Schwarz win

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9305987/tyson-fury-tom-schwarz-fight-mgm-grand-fans/

Yanks are gullible as f**k and love a story......but surely even they must have seen this shit coming !

17 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye I thought I picked it up as do the 3 in row then day off or what ever your good with, cheers pal I’ll have a bash, Deffo won’t be long now till I start crashing ? but sayin that I been feelin like that for a few weeks an keep increasing ??

You keeping an accurate training diary katch?

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

This programme is all done throo an app mate, that was part a reason I done that one, it teaches ye what to do an when yo do it, even works out your rest time between sets works out your plates an stuff to use. Real simple an effective, an the guy that runs it is always on fb if you have any queries, perfect for a beginner that knew nowt like me? so Iv kept all that upto date an beem playing around with another app to help me keep a loose track a me food intake, I’ll take that a bit more serious at some point tho, but till now Iv jist been getting used to what foods are worth what macros an roughtly how much a day I should be eating ?  

Can't be doing with all this app nonsense personally lol. Used a training diary with what exercises, rep count, food intake, everything. And kept it accurate and strict as f**k. Personally can't understand how an app can accurately tell YOU what /when you need to eat,  how long to rest between sets etc.  Nah, not for me lol. 

Hope it goes well for you ?

Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

Doesnt tell you what to eat. It's just your basic lifts and it keeps track of what your doing and in the next week and has a wee timer for time between sets lol quite a good app. 

Ah right. Still prefer my traing diary, I'm more comfortable with that. And when I've finally recovered from this frozen shoulder, will be back into training properly again ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'm just powering through a strength programme just now ans esting what I like. As long as the weights keep going up I'm happy. Will start to really think about training diet when this phase stalls

What I found, was training to increase musce mass and size is pretty impossible, unless you eat enough 'good' calories to cause a surplus, without just overeating and piling weight on for weight's sake. Work out out what your body's daily normal intake is, and add the calories, from good sources, as needed, in line with your training progress.

Actually pretty easy really. I think far too much emphasis has been placed on 'this two day split routine' or 'that three day split routine'. F

Fact is, you WILL get bigger, quicker and with less injuries, by using a sensibly put together whole body routine. And after a few months  when the training starts getting hard, add an extra day or two, even three, between training sessions. You won't lose any gains after a few days rest lol.

The above will work for most people, UNLESS, you're on a shitload of steroids and other drugs.

Edited by shaaark
30 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s also why I choose the 5x5 programme, you, gnash tomo an few others recommend full body routines with compounds an that’s what this is, 5 compound for full body. But like I said earlier I’m start g to feel I could be doing more? Do you think the 5 big compounds are good enough to stay on full time? Or would you swap to summat else when you start maxing out? ?

Keep it simple katch. Squats, deadifts, leg press, bench press, dips, shoulder press, rows, pulldowns and variations of all of them, over time. And not all in the same workout. 

You could put say, flat bench press, deadlift and calf raises, covers your whole body, in one workout, say on a monday. All for say 10 reps. Don't go near your max level, but until you've got to try a bit like lol.

Couple of days off, remember, you are working. 

Next session, shoulder press, leg press, floor back extensions, ab work. Again, don't max out on em. After each set, put it in your app so you don't forget what weight you used, and how many reps you got to before it started getting really difficult.

Another whole body workout, remember, your pecs are a relatively small muscle group compared to your back and legs  they don't need to be trained as often as the bigger groups, again, as long as you don't intend to compete and start all that isolation bollox.

Like I said before, not trying to tell you what to do, just offering advice etc, which really does work, and work quicker and more effectively than these 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off etc routines.

• Thanks 1
Just now, W. Katchum said:

I think that’s what I need after this, some sort prog that don’t push for the most ye can do every work out like this 5x5 does, squatting 3 times a week an adding weight every time starts getting daunting ? mentally am physically ? but I’m still progressing so not too worried about failure yet but know it’s coming ??

I know you not long started katch, but if I was you I'd train in 12 week cycles. It's easier to mark your progress on.

Upper body 8-12 reps, lower body 12-15 reps. But not like 8-12 each session randomly. Start off at 8 with a given weight and exercise, but with a weight thats 'fairly' comfortable. Do the same with your other exercises for that session. Next time you train those exercises in your routine, go for nine reps, and build up to 12 reps. When you can do 12 reps for each of your alloted exercises, take a week off, then back down to 8 reps but up the weight by 5%. As soon as it starts getting more difficult, don't try to push through it, take more rest and recovery. ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t laugh at me ??

but anybody heard of/recommend/or slate this guy?

carl raghaven? He a trainer guy from London that teaches the Olympic lifts, an part of that starting strength programme thing that Mark Rippetoe runs? Seriously thinking about going down for a day an get some tuition ??

Tell you what katch, anyone that laughs at someone that's asking for advice about something which can be 'potentially' dangerous, life threatening even, if you're shown  an unsafe  unsound way of going about it, needs to be avoided at all costs! I've witnessed some extremely stupid 'pranks' etc, performed on newcomers to weight training  by absolute c**ts that thought such 'pranks' would be a 'fun' thing to do. Not so funny for their poor 'friend' that couldn't perform the same exercise properly ever again!! Beware of fools in the gym katch, and ask as many questions as you want ?

Edited by shaaark
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s also why I choose the 5x5 programme, you, gnash tomo an few others recommend full body routines with compounds an that’s what this is, 5 compound for full body. But like I said earlier I’m start g to feel I could be doing more? Do you think the 5 big compounds are good enough to stay on full time? Or would you swap to summat else when you start maxing out? ?

Ask gnasher or tomo,not these knowfuckall wannabes

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Ask gnasher or tomo,not these knowfuckall wannabes

And let's hear your pearl of wisdom of advice. Actual advice, not acting like a little girl saying 'don't listen to them'.